The Unmerciful - Leviathan and a little Grand Master

stuka06

Excellent freehand

The Airbrush is a gift sent to us by the Emperor himself really could't do without one these days

Thank you, very much. 

The Chaos gods have cursed me today. I finally got my airbrush up and running and then I bend the tip of the needle.... I'll order a new one asap, but alas, for now more Grav Canons :D

• 4 weeks later...

After a good 2 weeks of so-and-so progress, last sunday, I was finally able to get some painting done. Getting used to a new schedule due to a new job and this summer, people keep talking about, kept me away from my hobby club for the most part. But there is some progress to report. 

I painted the 2 Assault Canon turrets and started on the Command squad.
There'll be a lot more progress in the next 2 weeks, and I am confident, that I'll get my vow done mid-july

http://i.imgur.com/XNn90xi.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/07gETT2.jpg

• 1 year later...

Okay. So looking at last picture compared to first: are you using the airbrush to basecoat your marines now?

Your first marines looked good except the thick paint. They would have looked even better with thinner coats.

Looking good now.

First time actually. 

I've used my airbrush mainly for applying the main coats of paint on the tanks. 

But last week I came home a bit drunk and since my girlfriend was still preoccupied with a new game, I thought "why not airbrush the highlights"

Now, it's really the first time I tried it and it isn't precisely the progression I normaly use, I'm still quite happy. It's  a first go and it still works.

It just takes a good amount of time off those first couple of layers that are completly overdone for battleline Marines. But in the end, it works. 

Thank you for the positive feedback :)

Stuka06 wow there’s is a real jump in quality with your most recent models. The airbrush is obviously working for you. The free hand looks good and the weathering is just right. Its great to see someone push what they can can do with new techniques.

Very impressed.

Edited by JJD

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, the next tactical squad is finished.... or is it. 

I tried to finish all the chapter symbols and squad marking in one go and actually managed to do that. But I forgot to finish the banner before applying the varnish as well as the tufts for the bases.

Will do that tomorrow.

Tactical Squad 5 is almost done. I completely forgot about the heavy weapons guy. He's in the next batch

7tDqVIS.png

3Gpjpx8.png

2LnbSJl.png

Action shot with their transporter

cyWaQk2.png

Least and kinda least: the box with most of the missing marines for squad 4 and 6

6UWCQBF.jpg

Not to put a downer on it because you've done a fantastic job, but, is it just me or are the markings the wrong way round?

Unfortunately, yes. 

But it should be a pretty easy fix if he used super glue. Nonetheless, really great minis!

• 1 month later...

Aight, last post before ETL

I finished 8 Marines. 5 to finish out a squad and 3 to distribute to varios squads which I've started.

IRlNQZB.png

First time I've airbrushed a face. Really happy with the result. Super easy

GO66O9V.png

vlPT2Kg.png

SgK1lzA.png

The next three will join various squads.

The Sergeant will join the first squad an relieve an old mini

The Plasma Canon gunner was left out of squad 5 which I've posted last

And the single Bolter Marine will join squad 6 which is a bit fragmented for now and will be finished after ETL or as an out of competition vow, since I've already laid down the aitbrush highlights.

tO8sXyB.png

Anyways, with ETL right around the corner, I won't finish anything until then. I built more bases for my vows and should now be good to go for 2 vows.

Stuka, brother, your skills have improved immensely!!! Maybe not your freehand, you’ve always rocked that haha! But seriously, those last couple tactical squads look phenomenal, and the skin in the sarges is just awesome

Where’s that underhanded plasma cannon from? Super cool

Very cool dudesmen Brother :thumbsup:

The Sgts skin looks really effective, what’s your recipe?

Thank you.

The basic idea of even using the airbrush for skin came from this video, with the timestamp showing the hue that I basically used. I am not sure which exact formula I used but It went along the lines in the video.

I did add further highlights of Pallid Witch Flesh though.

Stuka, brother, your skills have improved immensely!!! Maybe not your freehand, you’ve always rocked that haha! But seriously, those last couple tactical squads look phenomenal, and the skin in the sarges is just awesome

Where’s that underhanded plasma cannon from? Super cool

Thank you so much for your praise.

The underslung Plasma Canon is the Mars Pattern from Forgeworld.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-DK/Mars-Pattern-Plasma-Cannon-Set

I still need to fit my Devastor squad with 4 of them and these do look super cool and are actually sensible regarding the price. It's tough to get 4 of the same heavy weapon for a decent price. So yeah, I had one laying around.

Edited by stuka06

• 6 months later...

I never delivered on proper pictures from my ETL Vow
Here's my Hellblasters

yMnDRtC.jpg

I recently played a team tournament at the local gee-dubs. I played a super cheesy list with a friend and we tied for first place. It was a mess...

I used a Leviathan Siege Dreadnought with the Storm Canon Array. The model itself is for my 30k army and unpainted. But since that model was a beast the the tournament, I bought another Leviathan just for my Dark Angels. I just finished it, still have to seal it and take proper pictures, but here's basically the finished model.

0CEPovQ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work!

Where did the chest angel come from? I would have killed for something like on my Azrael.

As for the right shoulder I think the arm is currently a bit long. You almost want the top of the metal greave touching the cloak. Like even remove the plastic forearm piece entirely or just leave a wedge of it to get the angle right. Hope that makes sense :wacko.:

Nice work!

Where did the chest angel come from? I would have killed for something like on my Azrael.

As for the right shoulder I think the arm is currently a bit long. You almost want the top of the metal greave touching the cloak. Like even remove the plastic forearm piece entirely or just leave a wedge of it to get the angle right. Hope that makes sense :wacko.:

Thanks, man.

The chest piece comes from the Landspeeder Vengeance/Darkshroud kit. Same as the left Pauldron.

Thanks for the advice, I think I get what you mean. I'll probably reduce the amount of greenstuff in there and position the arm further inside. The frankesteined arm looks better that the greenstuff imo :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Yesterday, Munich's Gee-Dub turned 20 years. 

They held a little painting competition, where you had 1 week to buy and paint a model. Unfortunately, I didn't really place, but I think I got a pretty good model out of it.

The Master of the 5th company, The Resolute.

20191019-111756.jpg