++ March of the Legions: XIV Legion ++

gallery_48988_10069_1214690.png

Month 7: The XIV Legion

If you missed last month's competition, and/or would like to learn the rules for this competition, please read the first post here: http://www.bolterand...gion/?p=3850046

If you dare to accept this challenge, please recite the following oath:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I, Brother Chaplain Kage, accept my role in this.

I promise to lead the XIV Legion into the zone of war, and conduct them to glory.

I will do so no matter the ferocity or ingenuity of the foe.

I pledge my honor to the XIV Legion.

On this matter, and by the Death Lord Mortarion, I swear.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The last several months have been bumpy for all of the mods in the AoD, and things got out of hand with the handling of the March, to the point that many of us completely forgot about it during the ETL, so I'm getting this going again. You will still have until the end of this month for XV Legion entries as well, so don't dally if you want to finish both!

I, Slipstreams, accept my role in this.

I promise to lead the XIV Legion into the zone of war, and conduct them to glory.

http://i.imgur.com/GgZ1c1x.gif?noredirect

I, Barabbas Sogalon, accept my role in this.
On this matter, and by the Dusk Raiders of old, I swear.

I'm torn on this. Dusk Raider or Death Guard?

I need time to think.

I, Dusk Raider, accept my role in this.

Not too sure what I'll be committing, but obviously as this is my Legion and I'm redoing the force anyhow, I might as well jump in.

Oooh...I can actually do this this time! I just got a certain model that I was itching to turn into an ally for my XXth Legion's Theta-Four Cerberus....

I, Larkyn, accept my role in this.

I need time to think.

Are you kidding me, brother? You bear the old Legion symbol, the answer seems quite simple.  ;)

I shouldn't... I have so much else to do...

Part of The Ship, part of The Crew. Part of The Ship, part of The Crew. Part of The Ship, part of The Crew. Part of The Ship, part of The Crew. Part of The Ship, part of The Crew. Part of The Ship, part of The Crew. Part of The Ship, part of The Crew. Part of The Ship, part of The Crew....

I have plenty of biys available for this, and a slight idea so:

I, Hydra, accept my role in this.

I, Son of Carnelian, accept my role in this.

On this matter, and by the honor of the Dusk Raiders, I swear. 

It's Dusk raiders time, baby. What a cool color scheme. 

I, Lokkorex, accept my role in this.

I pledge my honour to the XIV Legion.

On this matter, and for the fallen on Istvaan 3, I swear.

I'm not sure what to do for this one. I already made a figure for my Severen Erris character and don't have anything else planned for more Dusk Raiders in the near future.

I know for a fact of I participate in this it will spiral out of control... Just like my Raven guard did...

If you're sure that will happen and you don't want it to, then don't participate. We want you to do it for fun and not feel like you're getting dragged into spending more money on a whole other army.

I need time to think.

Are you kidding me, brother? You bear the old Legion symbol, the answer seems quite simple. msn-wink.gif

That I do. And when I think of it this could be an opportunity to make the Champion of 4th Cohort prior to him ending up as a bitter Contemptor.

Yeah, I guess I've decided.

I, Ezeriel, accept my role in this.

I had originally made the guy for this challenge back at the beginning of the etl as I thought they were running at the same time. I was going to ask if I could still use him but I just had a idea about making a earlier version of him, before he was interred into his comtemptor armor.

Anyways here is he is in his dreadnaught form, Venerable Vaturo:

med_gallery_51465_6984_183860.jpg

Probably my favorite model to date with his chooom arm I made and the plasma blast out of the back of my most hated legion.

Now to make his younger, fleshier form.

I never could resist the sound of the Legion's march...

I, StruManChu, accept my role in this.

And here's a quick and dirty little WIP -

gallery_67188_10247_69761.jpg

I never could resist the sound of the Legion's march...

I, StruManChu, accept my role in this.

And here's a quick and dirty little WIP -

gallery_67188_10247_69761.jpg

Holy crap, he looks awesome! I really like the helmet and I don't usually like those ones... Have you modified it?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I, Der H, accept my role in this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ive dropped off this train for a while, but now I shall return....Im sure my XV legion Libby is sat on my shelf awaiting paint.....hop to it I guess! Will try to get back on the wagon!

Wow, I actually pulled my finger out and got it done this time! Had great fun building and painting this guy: I started using grey primer (thank you halfords!)

Behold:

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o501/henrycoll/March%20of%20the%20Legions/XIV/1.jpg

Line Officer Grassius

Legio XIV

Death Guard

Grassius was once a proud soldier of the XIV. His early years of service had him excel in close quarters, and in boarding actions. When the XIV turned alongside the other traitor legions Grassius took the place of a line officer who had been betrayed by his own legion. In the weeks and months that followed, Grassius made his mark with increasingly brutal actions and took great pride in leading his men on missions to eradicate pockets of loyalist resistance. One such pocket was a small Imperial Fist garrison.

On this occasion Grassius had allowed a junior Sergeant to lead the first assault on the final pocket of resistance. The assault failed, and Grassius found himself in the difficult and hated position of contemplating requesting further support of his brothers behind the front line. Rather than face the shame of such an act, Grassius ordered a charge against a well entrenched and well trained force of veterans. Within the first 30 minutes of the assault, it was clear that Grassius had made an error. His unit lay in tatters with the last pockets of his assault force scattered and disorganised.

Rather than retreat, Grassius scanned the battlefield and identified a command squad. He charged forward, felling the first two chosen with his power maul without breaking pace. The Imperial Fist standard was brought down quickly by his ancient volkite weapon, and all that remained was the champion before him. The contest was quick. A dirty play by Grassius put the yellow clad champion to the floor before him. The champion reached for his sword but Grassius' power armoured boot clamped the blade to the rock below. Grassius raised his maul, ready for the kill that would grant him the satisfaction of defeating the head of the remaining forces. Before he could strike, the champion broke the blade from under his foot and thrust the edge into Grassius' abdomen, expertly finding a gap between the worn MKIII plates. Grassius dropped to his knees and slipped into unconsciousness.

The bombardment that followed was swift and merciless. Chemical and biological charges impacted the fortified outpost and obliterated the little remaining resistance. Grassius was reported lost.

Two days following the bombardment, the remaining Death Guard forces were preparing to leave the dead world behind when the broken form of Grassius came into view. His plate eaten away by the chemical cocktail that had stripped the land bare of life, his armour bloated and swollen and the foul stench of decay seeping from the twisted suit that encased the once pure legionnaire.

Grassius had become what would be the fate of many more Death Guard in the years leading to the Siege of Terra. Reports do, on occasion, still come in of a Death Guard officer carrying a broken sword now putrid and foul stalking isolated outposts. It may be the case that the Ruinous Powers of the Lord of Decay are not done with Grassius yet.

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o501/henrycoll/March%20of%20the%20Legions/XIV/4.jpg

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o501/henrycoll/March%20of%20the%20Legions/XIV/3.jpg

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o501/henrycoll/March%20of%20the%20Legions/XIV/5.jpg

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o501/henrycoll/March%20of%20the%20Legions/XIV/2.jpg

Gah!  only just seen this!

I, Disease, accept my role in this.

2015 10 23 02.31.34

2015 10 23 02.32.27

2015 10 23 02.32.36

2015 10 23 02.32.43

2015 10 23 02.32.57

2015 10 23 02.34.01

Donesies!

For those curious how I painted him:

Hidden Content

These are listed in the order in which I applied them.

Prime Black

Bone:

-Zandri Dust

-Ushabti Bone

-Agrax Earthshade

Green:

-Incubi Darkness

-Warboss Green

-Coelia Green Shade

-Waywatcher Green

Copper/Brass

-Screaming Bell

-Agrax Earthshade

-Coelia Greenshade

-Drybrush of Runelord Brass

Silver:

-Ironbreaker

-Drakenhoff Nightshade

-Drybrush Necron Compound

-Waywatcher Green

-Druchii Violet on the Nozzles of the Flamer

Weathering:

-Nihlak Oxide

-Typhus Corrosion - Drybrushed Longbeard Grey

Fluff:

Hidden Content

Seen here on the Battlefield of Istvaan 3, Brother Irluo walked the fields of death in Cataphractii Terminator Plate armed with a Heavy Flamer containing the potent Promethium-Chemical Mix commonly employed by the Deathguard and a Chain Fist.

Along with the Brothers of his Squad, he went on to purge the ranks his Legions of those the Primarch had Deemed Unworthy and, in the ensuing conflict, marked himself for ascension into the Grave Warden Squads where his Plate would be Further Modified to emit the toxic fumes and gasses native to Barbarus.

Slaying former Brothers-in-arms as well as cousins from other legions who shared the same fate, he quickly learned how best to dispatch other Astartes in combat; a skill no one until that point would have thought necessary. The Peerless Protection Afforded to him by his Terminator Armor saved him from the clutches of death countless times during the hunt for the Unworthy on the Surface being able to walk unharmed through Phosphex Flames and survive Volkite Barrages before closing in and laying waste with his Chemical Payload using his Chain Fist to rend through Ceramite and Armor as easily as one would tear SynthPaper in the event that his Heavy Flamer could not deal the killing Blow.

Reports confirm a Final sighting of Brother Irluo in his now-upgraded Grave Warden Cataphractii Armor on the Surface of Istvaan 5 pitting his own Chemical Flames versus those of the Promethean Salamanders.

Archived