Vessen 409th - New army list and updates!

Hewkers

Hi Guys,

Long time 40K players, first time guard player.

I have started a blog to follow the progress of my fledgling regiment. There is a draft of the fluff behind the regiment on the blog

http://vessen409th.blogspot.co.uk/

I am looking to post some pictures of my miniatures over the next couple of days. They will be up on the blog too,

If anyone has a blog that they want me to link to on my blog just let me know.

Check out the blog and let me know what you think

Cheers

Hewkers

cheers guys, i currently have 20 veterans inc 2 heavy weapon teams, 2 converted chimeras, 4 leman russ' and a scratch built/converted vulture painted and based. They are all awaiting some weathering and transfers.

currently on the paint table is a wyvern happy.png

Welcome to the guard. Real unique look you have there, never thought of kit bashing admech and the Cadian kits, they really work well together. The colour scheme really fits too.mlook forward to seeing more.

I may be late to this little party but welcome to the Guard! Interesting concept using the Ranger heads. It's not heresy exactly but best to light another candle for the Emperor. While we're at it, best give a little extra coin in the coffers, too. I, er, I mean we of the cloth could use some new...incense. Yeah, that'll work.

• 5 months later...

I've revived the 409th!

Updates are on the blog, link in the signature.

A few updates on there along with the latest army list using the mont'ka formation.

Comments and advise appreciated.

Hewkers out

It'd be easier if you listed your armies in the army lists section as that's where the tactical list discussion happens. Another Wyvern would go far and I wouldn't mix specials on the Vet squads.

i tried to post there just now and it keeps giving me an error page wacko.png

I've just looked at your blog... man you built some nice stuff there!thumbsup.gif

I very much like your idea of putting the skitarii heads on the guardsmen; a simple measure, yet it makes your guys look very different to the standard cadian. Do you also hate to paint faces like i do? This certainly is a great way to avoid doing that.msn-wink.gif What bugs me a little is that some of the moldlines on the hoods are rather... prominent. You might take a little extra time on future models to shave them of and further augment your otherwise very clean style.

Also i think your veterans are the first guard models i see that have purple in their scheme. An unusual choice to say the least, but you certainly make it work. Are you going to do some highlighting on the armorplates? I think your guys would profit from that.

I can't really comment much on your list, since my experience on the tabletop is yet rather limited. But i think you've made solid choices there.

Evening all,

So the 409th went to war against the Dark Angels last night!

Great battle ending in a victory to the 409th!!

Here are a few quick pictures but a full battler report is up on the blog:

http://vessen409th.blogspot.co.uk/

20160401_222307.jpg

Apologies for the size of the photo! i cant seem to make it any smaller!!

Archived