The Promethia Crusade: Reinforcements Arrive!

T-Rock

T-Rock, that sounds absolutely awesome. Also that's like a dream-list to me; 3 LRCs and chainswords out the wazoo :')

If you think that paddlin' was tough, just imagine how bad it will be if you come back without loads of photos and some epic tales of honour-duels and heretic-smashing-rampages.

Edited by Marshal Mattias

The ever-present threat of the paddle encourages us towards greater acts of zeal, and thus cannot be questioned. In fact, if Firepower were to wholeheartedly approve of something, I think I'd ask him to report to the apothecarium. :tongue.:

Oh, there will be pictures, battle reports, and fluffy bits a plenty! I'll probably end up throwing together another shorter, campaign supplement book to compile everything. 

• 2 weeks later...
Tent-Con pictures are coming! They are plentiful and they are awesome. The game was an absolute blast and everyone was a great sport despite the muggy heat and logistical clustermess this many points of 40k inevitably becomes. More details to follow, but for now...

Feats of zeal
  • Land Raider Crusader blowing up a Renegade Knight with a rending assault cannon shot
  • Massed assault marines melta bombing two leman russes and cleaning up multiple ork units (one of my personal victory objectives)
  • Cheering when my own team failed to get off psychic powers
  • Apologizing when our Ultramarine player saved the game by (successfully) casting invisibility on our valkyrie, which was evacuating enough civilians to win via our mission objective.  
  • Chapter Master and Honor Guard rofl-stomping any Tyranid units that dared cross its path. 

Other Awesome Things

• Our Ultramarine player playing his first game (after collecting and painting for five years) and rolling a 6 to seize the initiative.
  • An epic showdown between a Khorne Demon and Wulfen unit, with only 1 wulfen survivor when the smoke cleared. 
  • The last roll of the game our renegade guard player needed a 6 to blow up our bastion to win himself the personal victory objectives. He rolled a 6 with his last leman russ, which we had all forgot about after we immobilized it. 
  • Our Eldar player missing every single D-Scythe shot from his wraith knight turn 1. 
  • Our poor Ork player continuously rolling ones on just about everything. He did have a hilarious "WAAAGGHH!" scream at one point though.
  • A great first official "event" with my local gamer group.

Edited by T-Rock

• 1 month later...

Crusade update, my brothers! With NOVA Open rapidly approaching I have been building and painting like a madman. Seeing as this is my first competitive tournament, I have been waffling on list builds and tactics for months, but based on my last game, I believe I have settled on my list. Skyhammer bikes for the win!

It was a 2,000 pt game against a Tau and Eldar army. Scat bikes, interceptor, filthy xeno psykers, the works. I had my work cut out for me. Especially considering I rolled poorly and had to go 2nd. Luckily, after losing half of my command bike squad and a combat squad of devastators to his shooting and interceptor fire (have I mentioned how much I hate Tau?) my Skyhammer wrecked face. Grav tore apart his meatier suits while my assault marines and bike squad crunched the scat bikes in close combat. Meanwhile, my two dreadnoughts deployed right in the heart of his right flank. They would die, like usual, but not before flaming a unit of scat bikes and putting the hurt on a wraith lord, and locking up 3 units in close combat.

It was a kill team primary objective game, so we were going punch for punch on points until the last turn. He managed to tank both my dreadnoughts and a poor lone remaining assault marine to pull ahead. We were calling the game on turn 5, so I had a single turn to make up 4 points. Too bad they didn't account for ZEAL!

-My last remaining bike devastator squad take down the Tau HQ. After grav stripps some wounds, he rolls a 1 against a precise bolster shot.

-My remaining assault squad chainswords a squad of fire warriors

-His lone fire warrior from a previous squad fails his morale test and exits the board

-My bikes turbo boost to another objective, giving me the 4, and thus two more victory points.

BOOM! I not only achieve the 4 needed to tie, but snag a 5th to win the game. Winning always feels good, but when it's against a combined army of psykers and filthy space communist xenos, it tastes all the sweeter.

Edited by T-Rock

Cracking game! Wish I got to smash more xenos heads too, but I tend to end up facing off against marines and guard for some reason :/

I enjoyed your last batch of pictures from tent-con -the propaganda posters were a funny touch!

I particularly enjoyed the mental image of a bunch of Black Templars surveying the battlefield, arguing over which wall looked more glorious, before the mad rush when one neophyte yells - "last one to the wall is a Dark Angel!"

• 6 months later...

Despite the fact I've been crusading like Sigismund himself the last few months, I've been slacking on photo uploads. First, some updated model pics of my touched up command squad and a crusader squad. Next post will be some in-game photos. Feels good to jump back in. Imperator vult!

File_000.jpg

File_001.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Picture updates from a recent game I played. Honestly, it was probably my luckiest/best played game ever, as it ended with my skyhammer list just-about-tabling an Ultramarine gladius strike force, complete with Tiggy/Librarius/Centurion death star. Sigismund was with my scatter rolls, grav shots, and orbital bombardment as I overwhelmed his defenseless death star turn one, dropped a direct hit orbital, and had a melta bomb field day with his rhinos. It's a shame the game went quick, as the board was gorgeous. 

http://i.imgur.com/jEnyEQy.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1Caahbg.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/XLDuQrk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gp1QoIa.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/AoJNzJU.jpg

Edited by T-Rock

It was a kill team primary objective game, so we were going punch for punch on points until the last turn. He managed to tank both my dreadnoughts and a poor lone remaining assault marine to pull ahead. We were calling the game on turn 5, so I had a single turn to make up 4 points. Too bad they didn't account for ZEAL!

-My last remaining bike devastator squad take down the Tau HQ. After grav stripps some wounds, he rolls a 1 against a precise bolster shot.

-My remaining assault squad chainswords a squad of fire warriors

-His lone fire warrior from a previous squad fails his morale test and exits the board

-My bikes turbo boost to another objective, giving me the 4, and thus two more victory points.

BOOM! I not only achieve the 4 needed to tie, but snag a 5th to win the game. Winning always feels good, but when it's against a combined army of psykers and filthy space communist xenos, it tastes all the sweeter.

This just warms the cockles of my heart, especially against such a foul amalgamation of xenos scum.

Well done brother, you have brought great honor to your chapter.

I've also been meaning to tell you that I really like all your banners. They just scream "Templar" to me.

ONWARDS!

The terrain is mostly from Pegasus. It is amazingly cheap, easy to assemble, and beautiful. Couldn't recommend them highly enough.

http://www.pegasushobbies.net/catalog/

This just warms the cockles of my heart, especially against such a foul amalgamation of xenos scum.

Well done brother, you have brought great honor to your chapter.

I've also been meaning to tell you that I really like all your banners. They just scream "Templar" to me.

ONWARDS!

Cheers! I'm all about the heraldry. While it might not make too much sense to  wave banners around on motorcycles or in drop pods, the rule of cool cares supersedes such trivialities. 

Edited by T-Rock

• 4 months later...

Brother, I stand humbled, you have built a mighty crusade indeed. Well done!

You also made me realize something significant, I do not have a RED Land Raider.

That situation is unacceptable.

Edited by Honda

• 1 month later...

I played my first game with the codex rules yesterday and was very pleased with the results! It was a perfect venue for our stratagem as I faced off against a Thousand Suns list with Ahriman for the Konor campaign. A few highlights...

-Abhor the Witch blocked a Maulerfiend from positioning itself with Warptime to charge my LRC TWICE. We're talking potentially game winning implications.

-Reroll charges helped me big time as I had two very bad rolls on a 5 inch charge. Second roll ensured both of them got in to combat.

-Yet again my LRC was an MVP unit, mowing down rubric marines with sheer weight of dice.

-I experienced the downside of having multiple smaller units, as each squad that made it in to CC made it subsequently more difficult for the next squad to make their charge. It ended up causing half my charges to fail, as he positioned his units in such a way that by the time my first two charges went off, my next two increased from 5" to 9".

-Ultimately, sheer weight of fire cut down most of his rubric marines and lascannon/missiles gimped his defiler and maulerfiend, then Helbrecht and company piled out of my LRC and dropped the hammer in close combat on 10 rubrics and Ahriman. Considering the Konor mission rules, it was impossible for him to win by turn 4.

Victory for the Templar!

Edited by T-Rock

• 2 weeks later...

A new Marshal has joined the Promethia Crusade! Marshal d'Montfort has already distinguished himself in battle, slaying Ahriman in a single round of combat during his first mission. The efforts of his Household ensured victory on the fields of Konor, as they slayed dozens of heretic astartes in close combat. Pictfeed below.

File_000.jpg

File_000_1.jpg [/url] File_001.jpg File_002.jpg File_003.jpg File_004.jpg File_005.jpg File_006.jpg File_007.jpg File_008.jpg File_009.jpg

Edited by T-Rock