Ironclad dread -- Finished. Check the Hall of Honor for pics

JeffTibbetts

Bahaha. No, it's okay. I was REALLY fiddling with this pose, so I tried just about every configuration and permutation I could think of. The chain blade was the least of my concerns, but it had its day in the sun. I mean, it COULD work the other way, but it just didn't do it for me. The posing is the fun part for me, to be honest. I like painting more these days, now that I'm doing weathering and all that, but really I'm more of a builder by nature. 

I think you've done a grand job of this model. There are always limitations to what you can do with a stock Dreadnought kit, which I think is based around how we as people perceive the sarcophagus as the head, whereas really a Dread would have a 360 degree view. You've worked past that though and produced a great-looking model with a good sense of movement and weight. And glad my bullying subtle suggestion worked :)

I think you've done a grand job of this model. There are always limitations to what you can do with a stock Dreadnought kit, which I think is based around how we as people perceive the sarcophagus as the head, whereas really a Dread would have a 360 degree view. You've worked past that though and produced a great-looking model with a good sense of movement and weight. And glad my bullying subtle suggestion worked smile.png

Yeah, I give you credit for that along with Dosjetka. This sort of feedback always tells me what I was worried about anyway (consciously or not), but when I get called I'm usually motivated to actually do something about it... That's one of the biggest benefits of actually doing these WIP threads.

I still have issues with it, but with the source I think it's as good as it's going to get, honestly.

Archived