The Beast Arises

Vorenus

The Ork that almost killed the Emperor, as seen in The Wolf of Ash and Fire, was far more and beyond any Ork we have ever seen so far.

And that was a lesser boss of the Ullanor Orks. Their main Warboss is never seen, only that Horus killed it, it and its retinue nearly slaughtered the Justaerin to a man, three powerful Legions were needed just for the one system, and the victory was seen as the greatest achievement of the Great Crusade.

And the Beast was an even greater threat.

IMO

I don't think the Emperor was really in any serious danger. I look at it like a test. Like in Genesis where God asks Adam "where art thou?" Horus had a chance to let the Emperor die and inherit everything. But he didn't thereby solidifying His trust in him. Then came Ullanor.

It perhaps parallels the test that Luther failed as well.

What I would have preferred is a definite release schedule for the main HH plot arc. I would have still purchased side novels after the main arc was complete. Or perhaps if they were released at the relevant point when the main story gets to it.

However they must not interfere with the main novels PRE-PUBLISHED release dates.

That's what I would have done. "Dear Novelists you may only write another story when you have finished the main arc"

• 2 weeks later...

This is going to encompass far more then just orks.  We get a number of legions, imperial guard, eldar, chaos marines, they are going to toss everything at this series.

p.s. Waiting for the end of the horus heresy is like waiting for the 13th black crusade.  When the lord of the rings/hobbit movies ended the game system ran out of gas, would gw risk ending the story that is fueling interest in their new games ?

It basically looks like a snapshot of the entire galaxy and all its factions, with the Beast's rampage serving as the backdrop and common link.

This pleases me.

A Salamander book written by someone other than Kyme would please me more, but the two Space Marine books I have read of Annandale's doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Still, I'll give it a shot and hope for the best.

This is going to encompass far more then just orks. We get a number of legions, imperial guard, eldar, chaos marines, they are going to toss everything at this series.

p.s. Waiting for the end of the horus heresy is like waiting for the 13th black crusade. When the lord of the rings/hobbit movies ended the game system ran out of gas, would gw risk ending the story that is fueling interest in their new games ?

Chapters biggrin.png

This is going to encompass far more then just orks. We get a number of legions, imperial guard, eldar, chaos marines, they are going to toss everything at this series.

p.s. Waiting for the end of the horus heresy is like waiting for the 13th black crusade. When the lord of the rings/hobbit movies ended the game system ran out of gas, would gw risk ending the story that is fueling interest in their new games ?

Chapters biggrin.png

Maybe for you corpse worshippers, but we traitorous marines are still legions tongue.png

Chapters biggrin.png

Maybe for you corpse worshippers, but we traitorous marines are still legions tongue.png

Warbands. :D

But for reals, yes, this is post-Legions, but before many 40k personalities either exist or get their modern identity.

They need to make this into a playable campaign. I've said this a million times in the Chaos forums but the Black Crusade online campaign was probably the funnest time I've ever had in this game. Although it is a massive undertaking, it was incredibly successsful, and although we all felt like we were doing 'stuff'... inevitably nothing changed. lol But man, good times were had.

For fiction I have to admit I've never read anything Ork related that interested me..except 15 hours.. that conscript IG novel. But that wasn't really an Ork novel. Orks just don't do anything for me on the table top (I Love playing against them... a very fun, spirited army) and fiction wise is even worse. I'll probably skip most of these books.

ADB said someone already has dibs on Dorn's death. So that will be answered eventually.

I hope we'll get one of those really lame retcons where Dorn is actually alive and an obnoxious character roam around endlessly screaming DORN LIVES§§§§.

I used to find the Heresy pretty cool. sad.png

They need to make this into a playable campaign. I've said this a million times in the Chaos forums but the Black Crusade online campaign was probably the funnest time I've ever had in this game.

Not going to happen anytime soon.

Pre-ordered my dead tree version from Amazon today.    It was only 13.75

I'm excited about the Audio Books since it allows me to paint and listen. 

I hope this series lives up to it's expectation!

Maybe 32k will be the new 30k.

Just read the first four chapters of book 1 (l Am Slaughter by Dan Abnett - a perk of preordering). While too little to get a feel for the overall story arc, it introduced us to the reigning High Lords of Terra and introduced a new (to me at least) Xenos species. It will be interesting to see what IF boosters think on his take on M32 Imperial Fists and their organisation.

Archived