Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A Broken Throne - Cognis Hereticia, dark mechanicum

dark mecahnicum brotherhood of the lost rules wip models

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

AlphariusOmegon108

AlphariusOmegon108

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,255 posts
  • Location:Veenendaal, Holland, Europe, Planet earth, Solarsystem
  • Faction: Scythes of the emperor

"The emperor came to us with arms in a embracing manner. He told us we would be safe... He told us we would be respected... He was wrong... We were wrong.

We never saw the hidden blades in his palms, the face of a liar in his eyes, the body nature of a false god. We believed him, believing he was the machine-god incarnate... Oh how we have fallen, our lenses blinded by desperate faith, our minds clouded by his lies.

I am Xander, the lord of cogs and master of the holy wrench. Follow me, help me erase this stain from our history. The mechanicum shall thrive once more! Death to the false god of mankind! Death to the emperor!"
-First traitorous words uttered by Xander Travier, forge lord of Xandria Prime

So this is the tread of my dark mechanicum forces in the heresy, brotherhood of the lost style msn-wink.gif (The cognis hereticia were originally created for normal 30k)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So a bit of info on the Cognis:

Prime masters:
Xander Travier: Xander Travier started life on the mechanicum forgeworld of Xandria, he at some point, killed the rulling Magos and took over command. He possesed a prenatural skill towards the makings of weapons and more specifically: Neutron and radiation weaponry. He possesed many STC's found on Xandria including that of over 42 different variants of battle automata and weapons that had never been seen before.
This gave him a good step up into the mechanicum high council, and making his "Cognis Primus" part of the mechanicum a powerfull party in the council. It has been recorded that Xander and Mortera never really liked each other, their huge factions poloitically clashing with each other.
Xander quickly become friends with Kelbor-Hal, pledging his faction to him within 5 years of meeting the main-mechanicum master. When Kelbor turned traitor, so did Xander. He never liked the emperor, seeing the golden man a liar and waste of time. His bonds with the Eagle warriors strengthend, while his other bonds with legions slowly faltered.
Xander is a very experienced brawler, relying more on brute strenght then real tactics, his dominus cadre is his master-mind work. They lead the Cognis for him, and they create the tactics and plans. Freeing time for Xander to work on more gear or use his brawling skills against some intergalactic horror.

The Dominus cadre: Xander's greatets work, his right hand, 14 unique magos beings, all armed with a variety of exotic weapons, their minds all linked to that of Xander. They work as one, the body and mind all a extension of Xander's will. The only thing they can decide or design themselves is the rite of efficiency, making them the strongest planning part of the Cognis. They plan the battles, wars, calculate the outcome, calculate the costs of war. They are a master-mind, a truely lovely piece of archeatech mixed with living beings.

Rapitarus: Rapitarus is xander's left hand, a being created of only cogs, pistons and armor plates. A machine with it's own mind, one of the very few artificial intelligence machines. Xander hid Rapitarus from the empror, even from his own faction. It's his biggest secret, and when this machine is unleashed, Xander always make sure nobody is left to have witnessed what this machine can wreak upon it's foes. Also ++redacted by high command, future information pending++

Militaric organisation and specializations:
The miltary of the Cognis is based upon the greek legions of ancient terra, their hierarchy and army build drastically the same.

The Cognis is mostly compromised of automata, tanks and very elite units. They favor automata over all else, only using thralls and skitarii in very limited numbers. Their main focus of war is large sieges, ground wars and subterean or underwater fought wars.

The cognis exceed mostly in the combat of vacuum of space, their huge and elite ships making them a force to be reckonned with. Their automata being the ultimate breaching troops, they favor up-close and personnal wars, using their specially designed neutron weaponry to rip enemy ships apart with astonishing ease.

Although space wars and large sieges are the Cognis' main focal points, this is where their limitation and weaknesses come in. They barely own thralls and human foot soldiers, making it hard for the Cognis to both infiltrate and repel infiltrators. this is why they enjoy working with the legionnes astartes so much, using their troops as defenders and counter-attackers, filling the weak spots in the cognis lines, and making a wall of destruction any sane foe would run from.

Production:
The cognis are mostly foccused on creating Battle-automata, both new and old designs are excessivly produced. They have mastered the art of brain-implantations, creating efficient and well working robots. Their forges are reknown across the galaxy, and many planetary governers await the day of their appointed Cognis battle automata maniple.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It's all still very rough, but I hope you enjoyed! And to finish this post of, here is a pic of my first Cognis hetericia model, a castellax-Skalu engine:
20151005_155624_zps4ax2brvm.jpg
20151005_155629_zpspg9agdfp.jpg
20151005_155633_zpsbfcdfinj.jpg
20151005_155637_zpsux7ybfla.jpg
(yes, purple and silver are Cognis' main colors)

Edited by Kelborn, 22 February 2020 - 10:38 PM.

Check out my commision work on facebook:  https://www.facebook.../DeamonsAtWork/

feel free to shoot me a PM with guestions or with commisions you want to have done smile.png

gallery_92945_11930_15891.jpeg

Demus Ragnok

Demus Ragnok

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,208 posts
  • Faction: Fire Keepers Xth Legion BotL
Cool.
Of Fire.

Fire gives light removing dark and shadow.

Fire gives purity driving out corruption.

Fire gives strength consuming weakness.

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,821 posts
  • Faction: XIth Legion Wardens of Light
A very good start. I already could see the titanic endfight between the iron lady and the scorpion king over domination of mars.

Speaking of that an Idea came to mind. How about battle for mars. Siege of terra and ruination of madrigal all happen at the same time? So we could keep all open? Madrigal and terra are at the same time. But majority of mech is fighting for the domination of mars ajd barely he who sleeps deep within is awakened.

Edited by MikhalLeNoir, 08 October 2015 - 03:47 PM.

Open for Comissions, just PM me. The Wardens of Light were like golden blades, cutting down their enemies scarring the darkness.

gallery_78117_10471_62812.png

Talonair

Talonair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 550 posts

That final battle would be amazing, though half of it would be lost to the unaugmented. Noospheric attacks happen at the same time during a Mechanicum duel, so half of the battle would be data attacks and djinn viruses

AlphariusOmegon108

AlphariusOmegon108

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,255 posts
Thats kinda awesome actually xD

Check out my commision work on facebook:  https://www.facebook.../DeamonsAtWork/

feel free to shoot me a PM with guestions or with commisions you want to have done smile.png

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,821 posts
Well aome kind of neuromamcer, matrix or that kind of short story would be awesome. Where you describe the implementation of the viruses and the hackers who fight it off

Open for Comissions, just PM me. The Wardens of Light were like golden blades, cutting down their enemies scarring the darkness.

AlphariusOmegon108

AlphariusOmegon108

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,255 posts
Here are some test rules for Rapitarus, the AI thing from Xander:

Rapitarus 500 pts lords of war for cognis hereticia

Ws5 bs3 F13 s12 r12 I4 A5 HP6

Wargear:
Ionic flare shield
shock lance
hellex plasma mortar

special rules:
Vehicle (Super-heavy walker)
AI
fear
rampage

AI: Rapitarus suffers from programmed behavior, Rapitarus must always move towards the closest enemy unit. Rapitarus gains prefered enemy against the first unit he charges that game.

So, its a spiced up knight lancer, so 400 pts base, then add the mortar +30 pts, add the rules +50 pts and to round him off, +20 pts, so his 500 pts should be justified ;)

AlphariusOmegon108

AlphariusOmegon108

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,255 posts
More rules!!!
Xander Xavier 600 pts

Ws8 bs1 S7 T7 W7 I7 a6 ld10 sv2+/4++

Wargear:
The cog panolpy
augury scanner
frag grenades
the scorpions tail
djin virus
the cog busters
enhanced combat array
rad furnace
abeyant (already in profile)
servo harness

Special rules:
Character (unique)
move through cover
rampage
dirty fighter
Unfit commander
master of radiation
the cog lord
eternal warrior
it wil not die
fleet
very bulky
archmagos (Ordinatus) (archmagos rule replaced by the "deamon" and "Beast" special rules when used in games where Xander is counted as traitor)
cybertheugy

The Cog Panolpy: Grants Xander a 2+ armor save and a 4+ invulnerable save, Xander also gains feel no pain (5+)

the Scorpions tail:
Xander's armored mechanic tail is a feared weapon, its powerfull strikes and arsenal a sight to behold.
The scorpions tail counts as a radiation engine, and each combat phase, Xander may make a additional attack with the following profile:
R- S- ap1 haywire, unwieldy, poison (4+) instant death

Enhanced combat array:
A machine build into Xanders face and fingers, its energies a powerfull boon for Xander.

Xander gains the rampage and precision strikes special rule.

Djin virus: Counts as the contagium mechanica relic, but with the added rule of "one use only"

The cog busters: Xanders favored weapons, two unique chain-knuckle dusters, Xander has struck down many monstrous enemies with these archeotech relics.

The knuckledusters count as two weapons (+1A for carrying two CC weapons already in Xanders profile) with the following profile:
R- S+1 Ap2 Rending, armorbane and instant death

Special rule rules:
Dirty fighter: Xander gains +1A for each point difference between his and the enemies Iniative he is in a duel with.

Unfit commander: Xander may never roll or use a warlord trait.

Master of Radiation:
Scryllax battle automata gain +1A and the fearless special rule
thallax units may take rad grenades for +10pts per unit.

Cog lord: All units with the cybernetica Cortex special rule within 12" of Xander gain the rampage and fearlesa special rule, cortex controlers are not able to affect the automata that are within this bubble of Xander

++++++++++++++
Z-7 Toron siege battery
135pts, up to 3 per heavy support slot

Bs4 F13 s12 r12 hp3 a2

Wargear:
Augury scanner
servo-rig
Sonic mortar
blessed adsucelaris

special rules:
vehicle, walker
Iwnd

sonic mortar:
R36" S7 Ap3 large blast, rending, deflegrate, ordance

Edited by AlphariusOmegon108, 10 October 2015 - 06:25 PM.

Hesh Kadesh

Hesh Kadesh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,860 posts

Volkite is a laser. How do you make a Mortar out of it?

Resources;

Heresy Era Lords of War; use this to find out the complete collection of available Lords of War for Battles in the Age of Darkness.

AlphariusOmegon108

AlphariusOmegon108

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,255 posts
eh I dont know, lobbing shells that create a sonic blast?

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,281 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions
You could use the Volkite Imploder thats talked about in the fluff section of the Imperial Fists of Extermination.

However, its only mentioned by name.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

AlphariusOmegon108

AlphariusOmegon108

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,255 posts
im gonna change the name to sonic mortar, so it shoots sonic shells of dead metal and ramnstein (not the same thing, but oh well)

what do you guys think of Xander?

Edited by AlphariusOmegon108, 10 October 2015 - 06:24 PM.

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,821 posts
Hmmm....as always I think there is besides of big e no human beeing or ex beeing, who should rival the primarchs in power and warfare, as they are the top of humanity. Cause the whole primarch thing could be forgotten if you can easily built one.
But i said thst before and rulewyse xander is very creative and it makes sense. And if infused with a demon i can see him. Just as a mere human i can not. My personal jumble opinion

AlphariusOmegon108

AlphariusOmegon108

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,255 posts
Soo, Xander is good as he is? Very creative deamon human thing of Arnold Schwarzeneggerish

Hesh Kadesh

Hesh Kadesh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,860 posts
Of i'm being brutally honest, I feel it is taking away the strength and focus the initial prject has. The mechanicum abyssii were a nice idea, but suddenly things are getting spread thin, everyone wants to create super soldier X that does better than the next person... I'm beginning to not really care about what is turning into a load of 'ooh what if...' rules that are often poorly thought out, completely inbalanced and impractical. Bags of mechanics are boring. Athrawes created his second legion project based around a substantial theme, That of pseudo Space Samurai Divimner Monks to the extent that they are as much a poster boy as the Sons of horus (after all, being named after them). Raktra's legion of brutalist maulers too, coming with a narrative of a legion of flying haters, caused by a history of flying daemon jailers. Very strong narratives. Grifftofers, Slips also being especially notable.

Meanwhile, other legions seem to exist mainly around lets dump a load of +1's to stats because numbers! And all the special rules! I have a combat shield! But its made different! Lets call it a 'slightly different shield' that gives very different mechanics.

If I had a choice in the direction, I'd be hesitant in allowing much more non legiom assets, inasmuch as I'm considering vetoing their inclusions in the PDF. After all, Kelbor Hal is still a thing, as much as Valdor and the Sisters of Silence are (although with the amount of Pariah legions we have, not strictly necessary.)

Do we really need ti invest in yet another primarch level figure?

Can we just go back to being a project focusdd on fleshing out the depth of the 18 legions entirely made up, without having ti further complicate things with entirely made up characters within already extant factions? The legions are the focus of the Heresy. Sure there are rules for army and mechanicum, but mostly? It is for the legions.

For the purposes of the books, I need 2, maybe 3 units, 2 characters and a Primarch from each person. Maybe a couple of setting specific pieces of equipment or vehicles. Mostly I'm thinking of only including IHF's vehicles.

We don't need to have a faction opposed to abysii because we already do have them. Plus any more rules is just going to make each individual unit less unique or interesting. Regardless of whether the mechanics work as intended or not, each legion has their units do something slightly different in the canon, in thr Insurrection, we have a great many overlapping rules. These need addressing and tightening up.

Tl;DR, please stop with insiting on super special snowflakes out of your legions.

Resources;

Heresy Era Lords of War; use this to find out the complete collection of available Lords of War for Battles in the Age of Darkness.

AlphariusOmegon108

AlphariusOmegon108

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,255 posts
I was just building a dark mech force based on the normal 30k rules, they seemed like a good fit here.
I guess I'll just keep them for the cannonverse then, where they are a forgeworld that sides with horus.

Edited by AlphariusOmegon108, 11 October 2015 - 08:35 AM.

Big Bad Squig

Big Bad Squig

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 720 posts
  • Faction: II, VI, X & XI Legions

I have a combat shield! But its made different! Lets call it a 'slightly different shield' that gives very different mechanics.

*hides breacher character*

Wasn't me gov!

Regardless of whether the mechanics work as intended or not, each legion has their units do something slightly different in the canon, in thr Insurrection, we have a great many overlapping rules. These need addressing and tightening up.

Now THIS I do agree with, particularly the Pariah rule and its variants.  If we unified that I would be happy to edit Koschei and others to conform, although I would need to change his fluff (he's not technically a pariah but a suppressant currently as the idea of him having no soul was censored.gif on in my first thread!)

Of i'm being brutally honest, I feel it is taking away the strength and focus the initial prject has. The mechanicum abyssii were a nice idea, but suddenly things are getting spread thin, everyone wants to create super soldier X that does better than the next person... I'm beginning to not really care about what is turning into a load of 'ooh what if...' rules that are often poorly thought out, completely inbalanced and impractical. Bags of mechanics are boring. Athrawes created his second legion project based around a substantial theme, That of pseudo Space Samurai Divimner Monks to the extent that they are as much a poster boy as the Sons of horus (after all, being named after them). Raktra's legion of brutalist maulers too, coming with a narrative of a legion of flying haters, caused by a history of flying daemon jailers. Very strong narratives. Grifftofers, Slips also being especially notable.

Meanwhile, other legions seem to exist mainly around lets dump a load of +1's to stats because numbers! And all the special rules! I have a combat shield! But its made different! Lets call it a 'slightly different shield' that gives very different mechanics.

Do we really need ti invest in yet another primarch level figure?

IMHO both Mortera and Xander seem slightly out of place, but we as writers are entitled to love and better our creations.  AO108, I wouldn't say jump ship with this project, but you could tone down the amounts of characters and units, and Xander himself to represent a smaller faction of dark mechanicus.  But, overall, don't get disheartened, there are some great models and ideas here.

AlphariusOmegon108

AlphariusOmegon108

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,255 posts
For units I only wanna do 2 units, 1 LoW and Xander, so even less then most legions

I have no problem changing Xander, any suggestions? Maybe just take the normal archmagos profile, take some of the upgrades and add one extra rule and call it a day?
  • Big Bad Squig likes this

AlphariusOmegon108

AlphariusOmegon108

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,255 posts
Updated rules for Xander, to be more in line with Simisons critique:
Xander Xavier 275 pts

Ws6 bs1 S5 T5 W4 I5 a4 ld10 sv2+/4++

Wargear:
The cog panolpy
augury scanner
frag grenades
the scorpions tail
the cog busters
rad furnace
abeyant (already in profile)
servo harness
Data capture servo

Special rules:
Character (unique)
move through cover
rampage
Unfit commander
master of radiation
very bulky
archmagos (Ordinatus) (archmagos rule replaced by the "deamon" and "Beast" special rules when used in games where Xander is counted as traitor)
cybertheugy

The Cog Panolpy: Grants Xander a 2+ armor save and a 4+ invulnerable save

the Scorpions tail:
Xander's armored mechanic tail is a feared weapon, its powerfull strikes and arsenal a sight to behold.
The scorpions tail counts as a radiation engine, and each combat phase, Xander may make a additional attack with the following profile:
R- S- ap1 haywire, unwieldy, poison (4+) instant death

The cog busters: Xanders favored weapons, two unique chain-knuckle dusters, Xander has struck down many monstrous enemies with these archeotech relics.

The knuckledusters count as two weapons (+1A for carrying two CC weapons already in Xanders profile) with the following profile:
R- S+1 Ap2 Rending, armorbane and instant death

Special rule rules:
Data capture servo: Xander gains +1A for each point difference between his and the enemies Iniative he is in a duel with.

Unfit commander: Xander may never roll or use a warlord trait

Master of Radiation:
Scryllax battle automata gain +1A and the fearless special rule
thallax units may take rad grenades for +10pts per unit.

Edited by AlphariusOmegon108, 11 October 2015 - 06:46 PM.

• Big Bad Squig likes this

simison

simison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,799 posts
  • Faction: Halcyon Wardens, Blood Angels

I don't mind a Dark Mechanicum faction. All I ask is that before too much time is devoted here is to make sure the Eagle Warriors are ready for publishing.

Project Leader of the Brotherhood of the Lost

AlphariusOmegon108

AlphariusOmegon108

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,255 posts
eagle warriors are all done, might only need to give more fluff to the book creator :) but rules etc. are done.

simison

simison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,799 posts
  • Faction: Halcyon Wardens, Blood Angels

I don't see any exemplary battles for them in the Great Crusade thread.

Project Leader of the Brotherhood of the Lost

AlphariusOmegon108

AlphariusOmegon108

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,255 posts
stuff like that should still be written yes

Big Bad Squig

Big Bad Squig

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 720 posts
  • Faction: II, VI, X & XI Legions

I don't see any exemplary battles for them in the Great Crusade thread.

*suddenly remembers to write exemplary battles*

• simison likes this

AlphariusOmegon108

AlphariusOmegon108

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,255 posts

Just to show I have not completly forgotten about this tread:

20151025_214019_zpsftxsccg2.jpg

20151025_214023_zps2qhw3dh0.jpg

20151025_220317_zpsj9qbtuwu.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dark mecahnicum, brotherhood of the lost, rules, wip, models

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users