Magos / Tech Priest Showcase

disease

What models/bits are those? I only recognize the big gun. Looks really good so far!

Thanks!

To amswer your question: the hand with the macro-stubber Comes from the same kit, the tech-priest dominus. The cables are from the Space Marines Centurions, the head is from a Blood Angel Sanguinary Guard, the torso from the skitarii vanguard kit and the body from a Vampire Counts Cairn Wraith.

There's some great models here. I have an old conversion of my own to add to the list.

Takatus Old

Here's my first ever Adeptus Mechanicus model. I used parts from Fabius Bile including the body and Chirurgeon arms, an old Techmarine Servo arm and axe head, a metal meltagun. The gun tip was from the old metal Necron warriors, as was the head. I also used the original Rhino smoke launcher to attach wires into the back of the head. The old Graviton gun conversion turned out a lot like the Eradication beamer, and the Techmarine axe combined with Fabius Bile's staff ended up very similar to the full length axe given to the Dominus.

DSC 0010

This guy is my Magos re-imagined with a new coat of paint. I found this model great fun to paint. My favourite part of this model was the jars and flasks on his back. I imagined that the round retort flask contained some kind of preservative elixir with bubbles and a nice bright colour. The second flask I imagined was the waste product extracted back out so the colour was less saturated and was less bubbly with a nasty looking froth on the top. The Magos Dominus has to be one of my favourite GW models at the moment.

DSC 0006

This guy is the result of my indecision when deciding on a colour scheme for my Mechanicus/ Skitarii force. I started by painting over some black and white Skitarii drawings I found on Google and narrowed my colour schemes down to two types, which became the two Dominus models shown above.

While I liked the orange colour scheme I realised the shaded cream robes would be tricky to paint on the flatter coats of the Skitarii and I was less comfortable starting with a white undercoat. Before I'd finished the models I'd decided the dark green and brass looked more distinctive and felt easier to paint. The green reminded me of heavy Victorian machinery like this: http://www.uwhworlds2006.net/images/ph_bk_sheff2.jpg By contrast, the orange paint job just looked like two of the official schemes combined, and the only piece of bright orange machinery I could think of was Gordon Freeman's HGV suit. I felt a bit bad that I'd rushed the orange guy a bit so I gave him a bit of freehand cog detail on his hood.

I painted them both separately from the base and pinned them in place afterwards since I thought trying to reach under those robes to paint them would be a massive headache.

• 4 months later...

Great model! The main body looks like that of a Terminator... which model is it from?

thank you! its the old 4th ed metal chaos terminator lord, the entire front of his torso essentially filed down, reworked and somewhat truescaled

this guy:

http://kofler.dot.at/40k/units/Black_Legion_Chaos_Terminator_Lord.gif

I am painting my first Tech-Priest Dominus and, in the meantime, I am converting my second one.

It is far from completed yet, but you can already see where I am going:

med_gallery_57066_11576_65526.jpg

Welp. I'm in love.

@ HackedDuck: thank you brother, they have been great fun to paint, and easier than I thought.

@ A D-B: I am really glad that you liked it! Your comment made me realize that maybe it was time to work a little more on it, especially as here in Italy we are in that period of the year when you cannot paint because it is too hot and the paints dry almost instantly on the palette just after you thin them. So, this is where I am currently (cellphone pictures... I will take better shots soon):

med_gallery_57066_11576_185035.jpg med_gallery_57066_11576_2121.jpg med_gallery_57066_11576_169279.jpg

not sure about the mechanical tentacle-tail. I am thinking of replacing it with other mechanical arms from the Scyllax kit.

Also, I started working on a new techpriest. A Dominus on Abeyant based on the Throne of Judgement kit. Still in the initial stage:

med_gallery_57066_11576_24837.jpg

Here's a blast from the past i painted recently! This is one of the limited edition techpriests from 2nd edition 40k!

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f250/supreme_martian_overlord/DSCF0017_2.jpg

I might still add a little here and there, like on the dataspike on the power axe, not sure yet.

Here's the back

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f250/supreme_martian_overlord/DSCF0021.jpg

Hah, brilliant stuff guys, I completely forgot about this thread, meant to post one of mine here.

This is Dagan-Calix 44, Logis Dataphant(apologies for the blur). He's part of my Explorator's retinue in both INQ28 and 40K(or will be, if I ever actually finish them).

http://i.imgur.com/1E5g6YF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Gx3IPbh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/iiModOH.jpg

Feel free chief, I steal most of the ideas I use too :wink:

In case anyone's wondering; Cairn Wraith body, trimmed-down Hellbrute head, keyboard from FW Draykavac, datascreen arm from the Stalker/Infiltrator kit, Electro-priest power core, trailing-snakey-thingy from FW Scyllax, dangly bit from a Skitarii backpack, and the cables are Poseable Wrapped Wire from Zinge.

• 1 year later...
This thread is wonderful. It doesn't deserve to languish on page 10. 

I decided a little while ago to splurge on a more distinctive Magos Dominus for my forces. The basic guy + a Myrmidon + a few other assorted bits = 

IMG 20170815 081656

Can't wait to start painting him. 

+ Not all Techpriests are blessed to operate on civilised planets. Even backwater feudal worlds need their tech maintained; miserable is the task of the Magos sent there. +

+ Magos Titus Manderghast +

Whether in exile or by request – perhaps the Magos has something to hide? – Titus Manderghast is the de facto Magos Supreme of Cepheus, a backwater planet in the Port Cassian system. 

The Smelts require many things to continue their unceasing task of fuelling the sector; and even feudal worlds like Cepheus contain vital raw materials. Manderghast is a native of Auberon, a Forge World of minor note.

Phlegmatic and thoughtful, he treats his posting to the backwater world with cool professionalism, and uses the frequent down-time between official duties to indulge his interest in alchaemestry. The Cephean sea-leviathans require a steady set of sea legs to view, but Titus Manderghast has very little stomach to unsettle.

d.jpg

I really like that Tech Priest, Shinespider, he looks really menacing. I also think Apologist has a brilliant Priest too. What is in his left hand? I can't quite make out what he's holding.

Archived