IO - Armies of the Machine God

Demus Ragnok

Well,

I present you:

Cognis Primus, or later known as Cognis hereticia

here is a link to my tread:http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/314653-brotherhood-of-the-lost-cognis-heretcia-dark-mechanicum/?do=findComment&comment=4191722

symbol hingies coming later

In our early work I established with Simison that the Demiurge are just In fact Squats, I mentioned them because they have a standing treaty with the Mechanicum and 5 forge worlds and a dozen forge moons in the Three Fires sub sector. And are vitale in the Iron Bears standing with the Mechanicum.

And the Eldar, Orks and a million other Xenos races inhabit the galaxy.

I'm not saying not mention them, after all the Drowned have a peculiar relationship with a certain Dark Eldar, but to the extent where we are possibly pulling out rules and making them a central part, I'm going to have to say put it in your own fandex.

And I don't need to tell you how many times we heare 'squat fandex' that it just gets old and twee. There is nothing wrong with outting it in for a bit of flavour.

They just aren't relevant enough to the story. This isn't meant to upset anyone, and I figured it was easier to say it now rather than have people 'waste time' on it only for it to come to the release of the PDF's and see that I hadn't included it in the end product.

• 1 month later...

All this talk about Knight houses reminded me I had written this: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/307741-the-stellar-forges-of-caelenia/

A forge-world split in two castes, ship-builders and malatekal biotechnists, the latter being purged early in the crusade but reemerging during the heresy. Now, in the Insurrection-verse, the split can be more violent with the Revolutionaries needing the Demiurges, and the Cosmists remaining loyal to Mars. The world's position as a major shipyard could lend way to an interesting – if minor – skirmish between the Void Eagles and Warriors of Peace. Will expand later.

While the Crimson Lions have close contact with many knightly houses, these are the most notable(i.e. the ones I can be bothered to write fluff for)

House Ursus

Hailing from the world of Gorich to the far north of the realm of Mycenae(still trying to think of a proper name) the knights of house Ursus are typically modified for greater durability and power in close combat, an important skill when fighting the massive Hroda that infest the storm jungles of Gorich, a challenge that prepares the knights of house Ursus well for fighting in the chaos of close combat. Due to this experience they are extremely highly regarded by many in the Imperium. However, rumours abound of the bloody scarring and blood rituals that the knights of this house partake in.

House Brutii

Where house Ursus perfects its combat skills in the savage jungles of its home, the knights of house Brutii perfect theirs in duels, honourable contests if arms designed to relieve the boredom of their otherwise peaceful lives. The rules of these contests are laid down in the Codexa Bellum, an ancient text dating back to the 24th millenium, before the creation of the mechanized knightly houses. The loyalty with which the knights of house Brutii adhere to this text borders on religious and if they didn't know better many would likely say this Code of honour was these knights religion, as they charge into battle roaring verses from the Codexa Bellun through their vox speakers, filling their allies heads with its wisdom and announcing their honour for all their enemies to hear.

House Sarmatis

House Sarmatis is certainly unique among the knightly houses. The main reason for this is the nomadic culture of its homeworld, Mondola. Mondola is a world of ever wondering tribes, each with its own royal family and champion(typically the 2nd child of the King), who rides into battle in a knight. All of these champions, though they may clash on the battlefield while protecting their tribe, share the idea that, upon being bonded with their knight, they have become a child of the god of war of their home world, Sarmatis and so are all, in a way, related. Despite the Imperiums civilizing presence, such superstition has remained and the knights of house Sarmatis ride to war urging on their brothers and sisters to ever greater deeds of valour and constantly reminsing their allies that their father watches and favours them with a chance to win glory in war.

Hows is that? And also, is it even possible to have female knights?

Edited by Sigismund229

Naaa. How about unifiying them under your banner? The mire people work on them the better. Cause the majotity has enough to do with their legion even if they all suddenly appest to present you their knight houses.

By the way...hoe about a house of bling? ;)

• 4 months later...

This might not go anywhere in terms of models and such, but Slips suggested a Cybernetica force dedicated to undersea warfare, given that we have both The Drowned and the Scions. So, the Scylla Cohort, coming soon to an exemplary battle near you.

A counterpart Titan Legio Gojira might one day emerge, we'll see how pulpy we want to get further down the line...

Can we please name the members of Legio Gojira like the monsters of Godzilla?

For example Gigan, Golden King Gidorah, Rhodan, The twins Mothra and Bathra and so on? :D