IO - Armies of the Machine God

Demus Ragnok

House Zivich, a young Knight House, is dedicated to serving alongside the Wardens. I suppose, given the legion's occupation to belonging to the Warmaster, at least one Titan Legio would be attached to the Vth.

It goes with the territory. I assume the Lions, Bears, Godslayers, Warbringers, Fire Keepers and Lightning Bearers will also make heavy use of war machines.

I know the Lighting Bearers have a a psy-Titan group with them

Speaking of that: what about the possibility of pariah titans? Is that a thing possible in our universe or totally nonsense? Never thought about something like that, bit reading about psytitans, the topic came up in my twisted mind.

Speaking of that: what about the possibility of pariah titans? Is that a thing possible in our universe or totally nonsense? Never thought about something like that, bit reading about psytitans, the topic came up in my twisted mind.

Hmmm, technically-speaking, it is possible for a Pariah to pilot a titan. No issue there, the problem I'm seeing is, would that do anything? We have devices that amplify psyker power, but I've not heard of a device doing the same for Pariahs.

Edited by simison

How about a pariah Ordinatus cannon for the Nightguard? :wink:

I can imagine a titan legion specialized in zero gravity/ zone mortalis warfare to engage heavily fortified outposts on dead worlds or asteroids, etc. for the Lions.

Legio Gojira for the Scions with a sub-division for the Drowned so that Morro has something to play with. :smile.:

Edited by Kelborn

You may now freak out

Big Angry Robot

Big Angry Robot WS:10* BS:10* S:8 T:9 W:9 I:6 A:6 Ld:6 Sv:4+

Unit Composition

1 Big Angry Robot

Unit type

Jump Gargantuan Creature

Wargear

Two Lightning Claws with built in Plasma Blasters

Chest mounted Grav Flux Bombard

Shoulder mounted twin linked Autocannon

Special Rules

Cortex Controller

Reactor Blast

Enmity

Enmity

Attacks against units with the LA: Ghost Walkers rule are carried out out at WS/BS 10.

When attacking none LA:GW units, at the beginning of each turn roll two D6 and use the lowest result for the WS and BS for that turn. Reroll for WS/BS each turn.

A counterpart Titan Legio Gojira might one day emerge, we'll see how pulpy we want to get further down the line...

Can we please name the members of Legio Gojira like the monsters of Godzilla?

For example Gigan, Golden King Gidorah, Rhodan, The twins Mothra and Bathra and so on? :biggrin.:

Legio Gojira for the Scions with a sub-division for the Drowned so that Morro has something to play with. :smile.:

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/oh_yes_creepy_loki.gif

I also hereby humbly demand that the lead/largest Titan be named Rex Monstra, or "King of the Monsters" in honour of the Legio's namesake. My inner mech-head sings in joy at this concept, I imagine Legio Gojira being based on an Aquatic Forge World (with Japanese influences, maybe named Toho after the studio that made Godzilla?) mining the vast mineral wealth the pressures of the deep creates, but are constantly under threat by vast native monsters that stalk the storm-wracked seas.

Enter Legio Gojira, modified for greater speed and manoeuvrability in water, packing weapons systems uniquely designed for battling leviathans and their monster-like heraldry daubed in bioluminescent paint they stride to war with a ferocity unmatched by their sister Legios. I imagine them deploying from their Fortresses like this (warning, it's a BIG gif).

Personally I'm envisioning a Warlord Titan with twin Arioch Power Claws (for grappling with wee beasties) & a pair of shoulder-mounted guns, probably Volcano Cannons, they seem powerful enough to work even underwater, maybe a Torpedo-launching version of Apocalypse Missile Batteries? Or something more exotic like Sonic Cannons or Graviton Weapons, because water pressure+sudden increase in gravity=splat. :devil:

"They say that he who fights Monsters should be careful lest he become a Monster himself, but here on Toho we have a somewhat different saying; To fight Monsters, you must create Monsters of your own.

So we did."

~Archmagos Del Toro.

"There are things you can’t fight. acts of nature, you see a hurricane coming, you have to get out of the way. But when I'm linked with Rex Monstra, suddenly, I am the Hurricane, and anything that lives had best get out of my way."

~Princeps Becket.

Edited by SanguiniusReborn

Oh... I'm loving where this will lead to!!! <3

We can use an ocean world inhabited by all kind of Kaijus I wrote previously for my canon Storm Riders chapter. If we want to.

Your ideas sound amazing, can already imagine a Warlord titan fighting a monster Pacific Rim style.

Would name a trio of titans Ghi, Do and Rah.

Oh man. Unlimited possibilities. Need to watch my Godzilla dvds. :D

I'll admit, I was jamming to the Pacific Rim theme as I was writing that up, such an epic track, it makes me wanna suit up, go out and punch a Kaiju.

Also it's bloody hilarious when listened to while you watch these gifs.

http://49.media.tumblr.com/ea179394f172f9be14b0c446f2b937d3/tumblr_njsbzl7VnD1tlb56zo1_400.gif giphy.gif

Edited by SanguiniusReborn

My only concern is that it might take away slightly from Morro vs Pionus, so I'm gonna advocate here and now that we avoid any big Titan duels involving Gojira. Massive general battles however, I'm cool with (especially an amphibious attack on a fortress... ah, sir, they just dropped something huge in the sea, what shoildaaaargh).

Well, not every Titan Legion served with space marines full time, but I'll see what I can find. We have the Legio Mortis who served with the Luna Wolves, Atarus with the Iron Hands... and that seems to be about it as far as major collaborations go.

Edited by bluntblade

My only concern is that it might take away slightly from Morro vs Pionus, so I'm gonna advocate here and now that we avoid any big Titan duels involving Gojira. Massive general battles however, I'm cool with (especially an amphibious attack on a fortress... ah, sir, they just dropped something huge in the sea, what shoildaaaargh).

Well, not every Titan Legion served withspace marines full time, but I'll see what I can find. We have the Legio Mortis who served with the Luna Wolves, Atarus with the Iron Hands... and that seems to be about it as far as major collaborations go.

Well, not every Titan Legion served withspace marines full time, but I'll see what I can find. We have the Legio Mortis who served with the Luna Wolves, Atarus with the Iron Hands... and that seems to be about it as far as major collaborations go.

Uh, you having a bit of deja vu there blunt?

A counterpart Titan Legio Gojira might one day emerge, we'll see how pulpy we want to get further down the line...

Can we please name the members of Legio Gojira like the monsters of Godzilla?

For example Gigan, Golden King Gidorah, Rhodan, The twins Mothra and Bathra and so on? :biggrin.:

Legio Gojira for the Scions with a sub-division for the Drowned so that Morro has something to play with. :smile.:

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/oh_yes_creepy_loki.gif

I also hereby humbly demand that the lead/largest Titan be named Rex Monstra, or "King of the Monsters" in honour of the Legio's namesake. My inner mech-head sings in joy at this concept, I imagine Legio Gojira being based on an Aquatic Forge World (with Japanese influences, maybe named Toho after the studio that made Godzilla?) mining the vast mineral wealth the pressures of the deep creates, but are constantly under threat by vast native monsters that stalk the storm-wracked seas.

Enter Legio Gojira, modified for greater speed and manoeuvrability in water, packing weapons systems uniquely designed for battling leviathans and their monster-like heraldry daubed in bioluminescent paint they stride to war with a ferocity unmatched by their sister Legios. I imagine them deploying from their Fortresses like this (warning, it's a BIG gif).

Personally I'm envisioning a Warlord Titan with twin Arioch Power Claws (for grappling with wee beasties) & a pair of shoulder-mounted guns, probably Volcano Cannons, they seem powerful enough to work even underwater, maybe a Torpedo-launching version of Apocalypse Missile Batteries? Or something more exotic like Sonic Cannons or Graviton Weapons, because water pressure+sudden increase in gravity=splat. :devil:

"They say that he who fights Monsters should be careful lest he become a Monster himself, but here on Toho we have a somewhat different saying; To fight Monsters, you must create Monsters of your own.

So we did."

~Archmagos Del Toro.

"There are things you can’t fight. acts of nature, you see a hurricane coming, you have to get out of the way. But when I'm linked with Rex Monstra, suddenly, I am the Hurricane, and anything that lives had best get out of my way."

~Princeps Becket.

Guys, I think I got something. While taking a shower I had a brainstorm. Check this out:

Within the region known as Waniku (Ultima Segmentum) there is a system called Umi.

- several planets, some of them are inhabited by humans

- moon Tan'ya-ba (japanese: forge); was settled during the Great Crusade by members of the Mechanicum, nearly the whole surface is covered with forges, facilities, habitat blocks, etc.

- planet Kaijo; ocean world, covered entirely with water, on the first sight not interesting enough, but looking at it will reveal that there are several floating, artificial cities travelling across the surface of Kaijo

- those settlers are the remaining survivors of an ancient colony ship, who used the ship to create their new homes

- these settlers are lead by House Toho, an Imperial Knight Household whose eternal quest is to protect their people against the monsters of Kaijo

- Lords of the Mechanicum discovered the planet and found out that the water of Kaijo is rich of minerals and even degradable amounts of rare metals

- the people of Kaijo knew that and used this ressources to stay alive

- Mechanicum offers their help against the monsters and wants to integrate the planet in their pool of ressources

- Household Toho, desperate as they are, agrees

- Mechanicum rebuilds Tan'ya-ba into the home of the newly raised Legio Gojira, making it their home

- modified Titans (base on modification are the Knight suits of House Toho which are adapted to the dangerous environment of Kaijo including sonic weapons and the possibility to fight underwater) + Knights nearly extinguished the monsters

- Lords of Tan'ya-ba discover a Dune / Arrakis issue: those monsters are necessary for the ecosystem and furthermore they are responsible for the high degree of metals and minerals (as part of their metabolism)

- solution: stop hunting monsters, defend the cities (now used as rafineries and so on) against the monsters, produce more adapted forces to enhance the variety of the imperial forces

- Legio Gojira + House Toho fight side by side in the Great Crusade, lead by non other than Rex Monstra, the first Titan of Tan'ya-ba, the slayer of monsters and the triplet of House Toho, the Knights Ghi, Do and Rah, the golden kings of Kaijo

Possibilities:

most of their forces fight side by side with Scions and the Drowned

those fighting with the Drowned get sucked into Slaaneshs services as well, creating titans with gigantic sonic blasters, etc. (it's like the Emperors Children had some fun with Decepticons oO)

I think that was all of what I had in mind. ^^

No matter what happens, if we're saying: "Yeah, lets do this." or "Naaah, maybe something else?" I will definitely use this as a potential ally for my canon Storm Rider chapter. :tongue.:

Edited by Kelborn

I don't have all the names at hand, the five expeditionary fleets of the Iron Bears had a good deal houses and legios attached part of the VIth could fight splintered. But all I have off the top of my head are House Augustus and House Blinstrubas.

Among canon Legios is a major Martian trifecta known as the "Triad Ferrum Morgulus", composed of Legio Mortis, Legio Ignatum, and Legio Tempestus. I'd think it neat if they took different ways, as we have three Imperiums by the latter years of the Insurrection.