Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

IO - Armies of the Machine God

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

Demus Ragnok

Demus Ragnok

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,188 posts
  • Faction: Fire Keepers Xth Legion BotL

A place to discuss Mechanicum , Titan Legios, Knight Houses attached to the legion forces of the BotL.

I'll begin with a teaser.

legio_zps064cf81d.png

Edited by Lord Thørn, 28 November 2017 - 09:42 PM.

• Atia likes this
Of Fire.

Fire gives light removing dark and shadow.

Fire gives purity driving out corruption.

Fire gives strength consuming weakness.

AlphariusOmegon108

AlphariusOmegon108

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,252 posts
  • Location:Veenendaal, Holland, Europe, Planet earth, Solarsystem
  • Faction: Scythes of the emperor
Well,

I present you:
Cognis Primus, or later known as Cognis hereticia

here is a link to my tread:http://www.bolterand...m/#entry4191722

symbol hingies coming later

Check out my commision work on facebook:  https://www.facebook.../DeamonsAtWork/

feel free to shoot me a PM with guestions or with commisions you want to have done smile.png

gallery_92945_11930_15891.jpeg

Talonair

Talonair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 540 posts

I myself have the Mechanicum Abyssii, as well as the Legio Carnifex Titan Legion 'The Executioners', and the Spectris Lancea, or Spectral Lances, Knight House http://www.bolterand...anicum-abyssii/

Edited by Talonair, 08 October 2015 - 07:37 PM.

Big Bad Squig

Big Bad Squig

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 720 posts
  • Faction: II, VI, X & XI Legions

I have been thinking about a skitarii force for 40k.  This has got me thinking I could make it dual purpose...  More on that later (maybe!)

simison

simison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,648 posts
  • Faction: Halcyon Wardens, Blood Angels

Quick question that just struck me, what is Kelbor Hal's final fate?

Project Leader of the Brotherhood of the Lost

The Second Son: Narrative of the BOTL Vth Legion Primarch

Brotherhood of the Lost has arrived on Patreon

gallery_92945_11930_24196.png

Talonair

Talonair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 540 posts

In the canon I believe he escapes. I'd love for Mortera to execute the Heretek though in a massive public display. Like, every pict-feed in the system is hijacked to show the execution

Edited by Talonair, 08 October 2015 - 10:23 PM.

Chief Captain Redd

Chief Captain Redd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,302 posts
  • Faction: The Iron Bears of Daer'dd.
Ohh give me a few days but I should organize the knight houses and Titan legios attached to the Iron Bears, and detail the Demiurge.
gallery_68351_7580_48424.png

Hesh Kadesh

Hesh Kadesh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,859 posts
Just a reminder guys that this is the icarion Insurrecction. Not 'include any random xenos homebrew'. A little bit of information and canon throwbacks. Fine. Whole swathes of info on a made up xenos race is neither apprpriate for the forum nor project.

Resources;

Heresy Era Lords of War; use this to find out the complete collection of available Lords of War for Battles in the Age of Darkness.

AlphariusOmegon108

AlphariusOmegon108

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,252 posts
Hesh, I do not see any talk on xenos in this tread? Only mechanicum forgeworlds/masters that could fit in rather well in the realverse.

Check out my commision work on facebook:  https://www.facebook.../DeamonsAtWork/

feel free to shoot me a PM with guestions or with commisions you want to have done smile.png

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,619 posts
  • Faction: XIth Legion Wardens of Light
I think he meant the demiurge.

Open for Comissions, just PM me. The Wardens of Light were like golden blades, cutting down their enemies scarring the darkness.

gallery_92945_11930_15891.jpeggallery_78117_10471_62812.pnggallery_92945_11930_12458.png

AlphariusOmegon108

AlphariusOmegon108

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,252 posts
ahhhh okay, sorry didnt see that

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,619 posts
Yeah , they are in fact small, so big Marines Could overlook them

Edited by MikhalLeNoir, 09 October 2015 - 08:50 AM.

Open for Comissions, just PM me. The Wardens of Light were like golden blades, cutting down their enemies scarring the darkness.

gallery_92945_11930_15891.jpeggallery_78117_10471_62812.pnggallery_92945_11930_12458.png

Chief Captain Redd

Chief Captain Redd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,302 posts
In our early work I established with Simison that the Demiurge are just In fact Squats, I mentioned them because they have a standing treaty with the Mechanicum and 5 forge worlds and a dozen forge moons in the Three Fires sub sector. And are vitale in the Iron Bears standing with the Mechanicum.

Hesh Kadesh

Hesh Kadesh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,859 posts
And the Eldar, Orks and a million other Xenos races inhabit the galaxy.

I'm not saying not mention them, after all the Drowned have a peculiar relationship with a certain Dark Eldar, but to the extent where we are possibly pulling out rules and making them a central part, I'm going to have to say put it in your own fandex.

And I don't need to tell you how many times we heare 'squat fandex' that it just gets old and twee. There is nothing wrong with outting it in for a bit of flavour.

They just aren't relevant enough to the story. This isn't meant to upset anyone, and I figured it was easier to say it now rather than have people 'waste time' on it only for it to come to the release of the PDF's and see that I hadn't included it in the end product.

Resources;

Heresy Era Lords of War; use this to find out the complete collection of available Lords of War for Battles in the Age of Darkness.

Chief Captain Redd

Chief Captain Redd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,302 posts
Ohh I didn't plan on including any rules for them here. I realize that their relationship exists solely in supporting the VIth legion forces and absolutely nothing else. I just meant a little article on their clans and forges and the treaty.

Skalpynock

Skalpynock

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,448 posts

All this talk about Knight houses reminded me I had written this: http://www.bolterand...es-of-caelenia/

A forge-world split in two castes, ship-builders and malatekal biotechnists, the latter being purged early in the crusade but reemerging during the heresy. Now, in the Insurrection-verse, the split can be more violent with the Revolutionaries needing the Demiurges, and the Cosmists remaining loyal to Mars. The world's position as a major shipyard could lend way to an interesting – if minor – skirmish between the Void Eagles and Warriors of Peace. Will expand later.

• Hesh Kadesh likes this

tn_gallery_77459_12000_9810.pngtn_gallery_77459_12000_28699.png gallery_92945_11930_15891.jpeg tn_gallery_77459_12000_11946.pngtn_gallery_77459_12000_20864.png

Legio IX: the Warbringers Proto-Legio IX: the Steel Guard

Legio IV: the Void Eagles Proto-Legio IV: the Morning Stars

Sigismund229

Sigismund229

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,562 posts
While the Crimson Lions have close contact with many knightly houses, these are the most notable(i.e. the ones I can be bothered to write fluff for)
House Ursus
Hailing from the world of Gorich to the far north of the realm of Mycenae(still trying to think of a proper name) the knights of house Ursus are typically modified for greater durability and power in close combat, an important skill when fighting the massive Hroda that infest the storm jungles of Gorich, a challenge that prepares the knights of house Ursus well for fighting in the chaos of close combat. Due to this experience they are extremely highly regarded by many in the Imperium. However, rumours abound of the bloody scarring and blood rituals that the knights of this house partake in.

House Brutii
Where house Ursus perfects its combat skills in the savage jungles of its home, the knights of house Brutii perfect theirs in duels, honourable contests if arms designed to relieve the boredom of their otherwise peaceful lives. The rules of these contests are laid down in the Codexa Bellum, an ancient text dating back to the 24th millenium, before the creation of the mechanized knightly houses. The loyalty with which the knights of house Brutii adhere to this text borders on religious and if they didn't know better many would likely say this Code of honour was these knights religion, as they charge into battle roaring verses from the Codexa Bellun through their vox speakers, filling their allies heads with its wisdom and announcing their honour for all their enemies to hear.

House Sarmatis
House Sarmatis is certainly unique among the knightly houses. The main reason for this is the nomadic culture of its homeworld, Mondola. Mondola is a world of ever wondering tribes, each with its own royal family and champion(typically the 2nd child of the King), who rides into battle in a knight. All of these champions, though they may clash on the battlefield while protecting their tribe, share the idea that, upon being bonded with their knight, they have become a child of the god of war of their home world, Sarmatis and so are all, in a way, related. Despite the Imperiums civilizing presence, such superstition has remained and the knights of house Sarmatis ride to war urging on their brothers and sisters to ever greater deeds of valour and constantly reminsing their allies that their father watches and favours them with a chance to win glory in war.

Hows is that? And also, is it even possible to have female knights?

Edited by Sigismund229, 12 November 2015 - 10:02 PM.

• Hesh Kadesh likes this
The Brotherhood of the Lost

Signature

The IIIrd legion, the Crimson Lions formerly known as the Blood Wolves. http://www.bolterand...-crimson-lions/

Kelborn

Kelborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,179 posts
  • Faction: BotL: XXth Legion - Predators
Looking good.
Seems like you don't need me at all as some of you allready have their houses. ;)

And yes, there are female knights. :)
tn_gallery_87379_12273_68539.jpg  tn_gallery_87379_12273_193556.jpg  tn_gallery_87379_12273_86064.png

Brotherhood of the Lost: XXth Legiones Astartes, the Predators http://www.bolterand...-the-predators/
Brotherhood of the Lost - The Icarion Insurrection: http://www.bolterand...od-of-the-lost/

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,619 posts
Naaa. How about unifiying them under your banner? The mire people work on them the better. Cause the majotity has enough to do with their legion even if they all suddenly appest to present you their knight houses.

By the way...hoe about a house of bling? ;)

Raktra

Raktra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,789 posts
  • Faction: Berserkers of Uran

I viewed the Berserkers as a place where disgraced Knights would get sent as punishment. Well, disgraced anyones really, they're just gonna be thrown in the line of fire.

• Hesh Kadesh likes this

"I may be but small, but I will die a colossus."

Brotherhood of the Lost: The Berserkers of Uran:
http://www.bolterand...ceral-boogaloo/

gallery_92945_11930_20871.png

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,683 posts
  • Faction: Inkspillers
This might not go anywhere in terms of models and such, but Slips suggested a Cybernetica force dedicated to undersea warfare, given that we have both The Drowned and the Scions. So, the Scylla Cohort, coming soon to an exemplary battle near you.

A counterpart Titan Legio Gojira might one day emerge, we'll see how pulpy we want to get further down the line...
  • simison, Slips and Kelborn like this

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,153 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

@__@ 

YIIIIISSSSSS

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

SanguiniusReborn

SanguiniusReborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,089 posts
  • Faction: The Steel Legion
*patiently takes a seat and awaits the arrival of Legio Telesto and the forces of Forge Akira.*

Edited by SanguiniusReborn, 05 April 2016 - 12:19 PM.

gallery_92945_11930_39378.pngtn_gallery_4536_13905_53919.pngFbm7BxJ.jpg6ACBl6j.jpg

Proud Creator of the Scarlet Sentinels, my 18th Century British Redcoat Chapter and the Steel Legion, my Cyberpunk-inspired Lost Legion!

Kelborn

Kelborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,179 posts
  • Faction: BotL: XXth Legion - Predators

Can we please name the members of Legio Gojira like the monsters of Godzilla?

For example Gigan, Golden King Gidorah, Rhodan, The twins Mothra and Bathra and so on? :D

tn_gallery_87379_12273_68539.jpg  tn_gallery_87379_12273_193556.jpg  tn_gallery_87379_12273_86064.png

Brotherhood of the Lost: XXth Legiones Astartes, the Predators http://www.bolterand...-the-predators/
Brotherhood of the Lost - The Icarion Insurrection: http://www.bolterand...od-of-the-lost/

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,683 posts
  • Faction: Inkspillers
I voice no objection.

While it's fresh in my mind, would anyone like to claim a Titan Legion to serve alongside their own? Or otherwise come up with a Legion of their own?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users