So I've been following a number of Blogs for a while and using Google searches for inspiration for many projects, one thing crops up a lot in them and that's this community on B&C.

Now that's probably not a surprise since when I first started blogging I found KrautScientist's amazing Eternal Hunt and Have been hooked ever since. Now most recently it was his imperial Knight and links through to Tibbs forge that meant when Forgeworld released rules for Chaos I simply couldn't resist starting my own.

So having pinched ideas from many of you guys and a chat with DragonLover about the community I think it's only fair I share the Knight and even give some sneaky advance pics that I've not posted on my blog yet.

Starting with The Knight warden Kit I've decided the first Knight of Black Ruin will be a Khorne Daemon Knight.
The initial stages began with lots of research into pose and ides, I won't repeat it all here as I want to get on with the pictures, but my Blog covers my starting point in detail if people are interested.

However after going over Tibb's Forge and the posts on leg reposing of Queen Bee I made my first move.
med_gallery_88567_11374_616895.png

Once this was done for both legs it was a fairly quick process to get the parts ready for assembling, then I used the Freeblade Game Trailer to help design the pose. Its great to be able to see a Knight stomping round and really get a feel for how it would look mid pose.

This is what I came up with.
med_gallery_88567_11374_63418.png

With such a significant repose of the legs I'm going to need to do something with the pistons, however unlike Queen Bee I don;t have to worry about all that pesky realism thanks to cheeky warp smithing so this was the Knight right leg after the first bout of green stuffing.

med_gallery_88567_11374_99313.png

It's had a fair bit more greenstuff applied since. Once I've written up my blog post about the pose I'll dig through the photos of the legs details so you guys can be the first to see.

Edited by Mechanist
Tags edited

Sweet pose, dude. Dynamic and exciting, it blows the standard squat knight away. Plus, he'll be dedicated to the proper god.

Thanks, I've got plenty more to share so keep watching, Progress has slowed a bit but I hope to get some more done this week. 

I can just imagine that knight shoulder barging another one, this is what those shoulder plates are for!

Yup someone is in for a realy bad day.

Awesome stuff and I may borrow that repose

I really like the repositioning you've done. It makes it look so much more dynamic than the old squat pose. :tu:

Can't wait to see what going to be coming out the back. It couldn't be wings could it?

50000000ccs of BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD, stat!

It Ok nurse we have a nice fresh donor, only 65 million years extinct.

gallery_88567_11374_78151.png

I really like the repositioning you've done. It makes it look so much more dynamic than the old squat pose. :thumbsup:

Can't wait to see what going to be coming out the back. It couldn't be wings could it?

Thank you, no not wings on this one, I picked up a pack of skeleton dinos specially for this at around

Now the procedure is at it's most delicate. Get this positioning wrong and we could have a fatal error. Swab please nurse.

Managed to get the first fit of the spinal graft as I finished last night. This is how it looks now

med_gallery_88567_11374_830151.png

Some minor adjustmentsand I'll be ready for the first green stuff mix to hold it in place.

Love your work so far, I'll have to steal that idea with the spine for some project at some point :tongue.:

- Luther

Go for it. I'll be gathering all the information for the Dinosaur skeletons with pics and links for a blog post possibly going live next week. When I do I'll share the links here as it was frome some online toyshop. 

So I've been slowly making some minor additions to the Knight which I'll photo up this week at some point.

In the meantime I'm working on this

med_gallery_88567_11401_784670.png

I'm painting this guy up for the Dreadtober a group of bloggers are doing as the Hellbrute is one of my main sources of inspiration it gives me a chance to work out some of the painting techniques I'll be using on the daemon Knight.

One problem I have though is that there is a very distinct line between the really fleshy bits and the Armour plates. On the Knight as I'm sculpting I'm trying to work out the best way to have the transition between fleshy mutation and original metal. Do I blend it smoothly and then paint a blended transition or sculpt a definite line between the two, and if so how should it look. sadly A Google search term for this point of detail is eluding me so any suggestions and examples welcome.

Now the procedure is at it's most delicate. Get this positioning wrong and we could have a fatal error. Swab please nurse.

Managed to get the first fit of the spinal graft as I finished last night. This is how it looks now

med_gallery_88567_11374_830151.png

Some minor adjustmentsand I'll be ready for the first green stuff mix to hold it in place.

Well... consider this project followed.

Duuuuuude. This is going to be something when you're done. I can feel it. Thanks for the shout-out. Wanna see something weird? Your pose actually mirrors the Ironclad Dreadnought I've been working on this month!

I'm glad you were able to make some sense of my tricky leg conversion. I love the use of the rubber pad or whatever that thing is to replicate the lost bit of joint in the knee, and since it's chaos you get to skip the super fiddly piston work! Bravo, sir. 

Also, I'll echo the fact that the trailer for Freeblade is just so much fun to watch. I've rewatched it probably a dozen times, and I'm still super excited for the game to come out. I hope it's here soon. 

Not intended to hijack but here are my chaos knight titans if you want more references https://bigbossredskullz.wordpress.com/category/chaos-knight-titans/

Other than that I dig that spine and the pose is great! Fantastic start just keep at it :smile.:

Ooooo, I hadn't seen those before very nice, I love what you've done with the warden, I was quite disappointed that the latest kit didn't do anything to really change up the silhouette to get a closer look to the epic model. Something I've be thinking about doing for the Tzeenech Knight.

Duuuuuude. This is going to be something when you're done. I can feel it. Thanks for the shout-out. Wanna see something weird? Your pose actually mirrors the Ironclad Dreadnought I've been working on this month!

I'm glad you were able to make some sense of my tricky leg conversion. I love the use of the rubber pad or whatever that thing is to replicate the lost bit of joint in the knee, and since it's chaos you get to skip the super fiddly piston work! Bravo, sir.

Also, I'll echo the fact that the trailer for Freeblade is just so much fun to watch. I've rewatched it probably a dozen times, and I'm still super excited for the game to come out. I hope it's here soon.

I've been watching your Dreadtober project and even commenting, did you find the new tau vs Mech display pics?

"The rubber pad" is just an off cut of textured plastic that did the job. not sure what I would find harder all the sculpting for the chaos stuff or cutting the bits of tube and trying to get it all 'right' probably the latter since patience isn't one of my strong points.

Sadly I don't have an I phone or Pad so interested to see if they port it to Android.

Really looking forward to seeing more of this. It looks amazing.

With a few minutes spare while waiting for a new software drop your wish is my command.

med_gallery_88567_11374_504173.png

Bit of a rough image but shows how the leg is going, inspired by skarbrand's spiny bits the next step is to add veins and then some skin, will leave plenty of rents so I can gore up the fleshy bits.

Sculpting the leg would have been an interesting one for passers by as I had a the picture of a body-builder's leg on the TV while doing it.

This. This is already all kinds of amazing. The guts you had to carve up the carapace like that is most impressive and the whole idea is simply excellent.

I'll be watching this one extremely closely and shamelessly nicking every picture you see fit to post up! :laugh.:

First of all, thanks a lot for the shout out in the opening post! :)

I have been quietly lurking in the corners, but it's time to let you know that your progress so far is very promising, indeed! You've been far more corageous than me when it comes to reposing the Knight (and hacking apart the carapace, for that matter), but so far the risk seems to be paying off! The pose is looking excellent, and the GS work on the leg is coming along brilliantly! I love the similarities to the Bloodthirster design. More please! :)

That spine is epic, massive kudos!! I am going to have to borrow that idea myself, I hope you don't mind :) Love the pose too, very dynamic and Khornate. As for the spines, they look perfect - the Daemon within is forcing its way out - just grizzly B)