Awesome updates. You've got painting Tzeentchian things in the bag! Those screamers look superb with the blue and purple blended and the pink contrail...tail things.

The cryoptek also looks awesome. Always nice to see Necrons receiving conversion work.

Thank you, I've now sprayed the Cryptek and will grab some photos after he's washed with agrax later.

The screamers should hopfuly get the purple highlights tonight as well.

In goo d news Victory Is mine

med_gallery_88567_14573_537342.png

After several attempts that was worryingly looking like I'd need to replace my spray I found the rattle can of retributor armour in the loft burried under a box of conversion bits and half finished terrain.

I have now fully sprayed my Vow and wil be moving onto to agrax earthshade this evening with a big brush.

Also this is looking like a strong contender for a C'tan shard of the deceiver counts as conversion.

med_gallery_88567_14573_375933.png

Needs a staff and some form of legs... hmm something to ponder for vow number 2, I've plans to get the Forgebane box set for a second vow and I recon some of the spares from the Lychguard kit depending on how I build them may come in handy.

Some pondering to do in the mean time and would love to hear some suggestions for the leg area, I'm pondering between legs and Djinn type smoke with some of the scarabs from the necrosphinx kit.

So More progress has been made with all of the gold finished having washed with agrax earthshade a drybrush of Auric Armour Gold and decided that the additional steps of Necron compound and yellow glaze wasn't needed as I liked the vibrant gold.

After that all of the infantry have their purple basecoat down ready for highlights and weathering

med_gallery_88567_14573_144116.png

The two vehicles are another issue as the Xereus Purple just takes to many layers for my level of patience so I'm going to leave it that this till I can get into town and grab the base colour.

med_gallery_88567_14573_213902.png

However I did manage a little bit more last night and finished the first Base of Scarabs.

med_gallery_88567_14573_304191.png

med_gallery_88567_14573_509895.png

Which made a good test bed for both the weathering I have planned and the OSL.

I'm quite happy with these guys and have a pit of painting planned for tonight. Fingers crossed I'll seem the Infantry progress well.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been busily working away at my Vow snatching time in the evenings and weekends as I can.

Since last post here I've managed a couple in the Necron outpost and I though I should do a proper update,

Fist up I finished my first two models and decided on basing method starting with the scarab base.

med_gallery_88567_14573_240382.png

and also some test colours on the guns of a warrior.

med_gallery_88567_14573_167739.png

Neutral grey and black tones has allowed me to keep the colours pallet more limited and yet still get details to stand out nicely by highlighting the obsidian 'Black stone' in green I also feel it helps tie the brighter greens of the glow into the scheme better.

After the two test models it was back to the batch painting along to a fully basecoated set of infantry.

med_gallery_88567_14573_801771.png
With the base colours all down along with a few highlights I then separated off the immortals and two other scarab bases and have just finished both units tonight.

med_gallery_88567_14573_690791.png

The warriors aren't far behind as well but It's their basing that will eat up time I suspect so hopefully finished next week.

Necrons! WHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????????????

I've played 40k for over 25 years and never actually fielded a fully painted army, partially down to time constraints but also I'm a massive hobby butterfly.

I've eyed up crons for a while and after my Primaris painting turned out that each one takes me about 3 weeks to get painted as I push my edge highlights I wanted something I can bulk paint. 

Also it's easier to ally with all my mates who have imperial troops if I play a manipulative Dynasty who are more than willing to throw others under the bus or with a strong belief of the enemy of my enemy.  

Good job on the Necrons.

Thank you, they are taking a little longer than I intended but still much quicker then my other non nid armies.

16 pages just following the knight! Don't leave it like this, you must finish it.

It's living on my desk and after the ETL I'll probably poke it a bit, the thing that will get me working on it as my primary interest would be a proper Chaos knight rules set. Despite knowing I can easily use the freeblade rules I can't force myself to build enthusiasm for a counts as.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Duncan I'm sorry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vhkMxh2698
With the ETL coming to an end and the release of the Index renegade knights alongside the boxset coming back I may now have 2 more knights and Forgebane on the way.

Now without jumping ahead of myself I'm still working on my ETL vow and have begun finishing units.
Firstly was the Immortals and Scarabs already shared in the Outpost.

med_gallery_88567_14573_690791.png

Friday night saw me finish the unit of warriors.

med_gallery_88567_14573_629465.png

Necrons look great! Looking forward to seeing a whole painted army of them!

Also, my interest is piqued at the thought of a comparison pic wraithknight and an armiger...

I have a request. Can anyone with a wraithknight and an Armiger Helverin get me a side by side picture. For reasons

Combining the Armiger and Wraithknight kits... for an Imperial army? Maybe the creation of a "mad tech-priest" who wants to reverse-engineer Eldar technology?

Or will you create a heavy walker for your Necron army, so it won't be nerfed in the face of enemies with Dreadknights, Wraithknights, Imperial Knights, and the giant Tyranid combat forms seeking to make a meal out of them?

Necrons look great! Looking forward to seeing a whole painted army of them!

Also, my interest is piqued at the thought of a comparison pic wraithknight and an armiger...

I have a request. Can anyone with a wraithknight and an Armiger Helverin get me a side by side picture. For reasons

Combining the Armiger and Wraithknight kits... for an Imperial army? Maybe the creation of a "mad tech-priest" who wants to reverse-engineer Eldar technology?

Or will you create a heavy walker for your Necron army, so it won't be nerfed in the face of enemies with Dreadknights, Wraithknights, Imperial Knights, and the giant Tyranid combat forms seeking to make a meal out of them?

Something a little more heretical than that. All my knights will be members of the black ruin a 'household' in service of Abbadon the despoiler and will eventualy have a daemon knight for all of the gods. With the release of the Armigers I'm also looking at having some of them also show signs of dedication to various degrees.

I'm looking forward to seeing this. Especially since we get rules for those puppies as well.

Yes we do which spured me on and trigger the purchase of both the box sets for forgebane and Imperial knights renegade before they go out of stock.

Still I did order from Wayland games so I should have plenty of time to get my Vow finished and maybe even fill out to 1000pts before it turn up.

In the meantime with warriors finished I can move on to the Doom Scythe or fabulous space robot croissant as it's probably better known.

med_gallery_88567_14573_120946.png
Weathering(not shown) was begun last night with ages it and tones down the purple was started last night.

• 3 weeks later...

So after a bit of a slog through the weathering I've got my Doom Scythe finished. Basing will have to wait till after the ETL as I'm playing with some new techniques and will need to use some Milliput which I left in the UK. While I'm sure I can find something in Darmstadt of Frankfurt I'm going to spend some proper time on it at home instead of making a mess at my parents.

med_gallery_88567_14573_26958.png

Started fully on the Annihilation Barge as well, putting the purple down though I'm really surprised with the coverage given by Naggaroth Night as for a dark colour I'd expect better. I'm having to basecoat with white first to get a clean layer down.

The painting on the Death crossaint is superb! The wear and tear detail just knocks it out of the park!

Thank you, I was tempted to go with magnets but you know I'm always going to want a robot death Croissant as who could resist a death ray?

Love those colours! :thumbsup:

Come to think of it, might be enough to tempt me to do a Necron Kill Team. :laugh.:

Thanks, feel free to have a kill team from the fabulous Tez'Catil Dynasty.

They are generous, fabulous and not in anyway dedicated followers of the teachings of the deceiver, nope not them, and any rumours or accusations or decitfull murder or assassination, deal breaking or excessive use of deathmarks is wholly unfounded and the musings of the jealous.

I'll get a few lines of fluff up as I finish the two characters so you can see if the dynasty works for you, or just change the colours round a little for your own of course.

As for my ETL vow I just finished the Annihilation Barge up

med_gallery_88567_14573_714920.png

Which just leaves me with two characters to finish off who both have the gold and Purple complete and the rest is all base coated. As characters they have a fair bit more to do with small bits of the obsidian and extra glowy bits but still easily doable tomorrow evening I should hope. Heck I may even see about a 2nd vow as 12 warriors and 3 bases of scarabs will give me a 1k list to use fully painted.