Thank you.

May I present his excellency, Lord Se’ik Si’bil, the generous.

med_gallery_88567_14573_271641.png

and his faithful as yet to be named Cryptech

med_gallery_88567_14573_403455.png med_gallery_88567_14573_362579.png

Marking my Vow now complete.

I'll get some group shots up when I'm back in the UK on Tuesday when I have the day off.

I didn't get anything further assembled or even off the sprue so at this point I think I'll wait an see how Tuesday morning goes before making anything further.
I really want to round out to a 1k list but that may be a stretch goal for a little test (ie by the weekend/within 3 months of starting) as opposed to an official vow of anything more than a unit of scarabs. I may also use Tuesday as a basing day to really finish off these models instead of the scarabs.

• 4 months later...

Very cool man. The spine is a great find and fantastic idea, I've seen another knight on a blog that has a big boney spine but personally I'm not that keen on it becuase its too low detail, like its been scaled up from a smaller model. lots of people have commented on the spine though, its very striking and easy to pick out, but I dont want to let that overshadow your other less obvious but no less wicked alterations. I like the idea for the gauntlet fingers and also that you cut the trim away around the head, thats maybe something I should have done on mine as its pretty featureless and did force the head of mine down quite far. Nice tusks and spikes over the front, I had and idea to have jagged metal girders or something, shards, busting through the armour, but went for the more subtle style like the forgeworld one, not so much because I think its better but becauset was the safety option I think, I might go big with my next one a bit like your doing here. 

So whats next on this guys, you should ride the quality man, dont slow down too much. Do you have any idea what to work on next? a half idea you want to discuss, anything your not sure about. Lets get some more progress on this guy, its going to look immense.

Well, I've not been able to do much hobby since October as during the half term holidays my wife took the kids down Dorset way as her parents where over from the states visiting her brother. Not wanting to use what little holiday I had left on another family gathering I stayed home and had to work, and also emptied the lounge, stripped the old wall paper and started plastering. Last weekend I managed to get the room to a state where it'll wait till after Christmas and have now dug out my desk.

Since my last update I've sorted out and based everything from the ETL and have been working on adding more warriors and scarab bases.

However all the cool work on knights around here (PBB, Kraut and Augs in particular) has bitten me a bit with the bug. I now before yesterday I actually owned 3 plastic knights on sprue and 2 warglaives in addition to the half built Daemon Knight. However at Dragonmeet in London yesterday the bring and buy had a copy of imperial Knight renegade which at £75 I failed to resist so now have 5 on sprue Knights.....

I may have a problem, hmm.

I also picked a box of Fulgurite Electro-Priests which have so many shiny bits in them as a base for pilots......

So my current targets are to finish painting 5 bases of Scarabs, 4 Necron warriors and then build and paint a further 4 warriors.

I'm also going to mix a bit of green stuff this evening and see how it goes with the knight, starting with a bit to reinforce the ankles as I've removed the feet from the base and have glued them to the legs. 

I have 3 days booked of work next week and the weekend for a 4k word assignment due. So I'm planning to do creative stuff to distract half my brain while the other half listens to lectures this week and see if that helps me to not keep getting board and distracted.

The Knight is back, tell a friend. (next time I change the thread title this comment is going to make less sense)

So I experimented with both a bit of sculpting and painting while listening to lectures and it actually worked....

By doing something creative I can distract that half of the brain allowing the more logical half to listen to learning, which is handy.

med_gallery_88567_12165_672819.png

So a blob of green stuff was added to the knight and I got two stages of Purple on 20 scarabs along with a little more to the warriors while also taking in the contents of nearly two hours of lectures,

So whats next on this guys, you should ride the quality man, dont slow down too much. Do you have any idea what to work on next? a half idea you want to discuss, anything your not sure about. Lets get some more progress on this guy, its going to look immense.

I don't have a detail picture as I was working on some very fine details but the current plan appears to be working from one thigh across the hips/crotch and then the other side. that will then allow me to sort the tail next and work down the legs.

Very cool man. The spine is a great find and fantastic idea, I've seen another knight on a blog that has a big boney spine but personally I'm not that keen on it becuase its too low detail, like its been scaled up from a smaller model. lots of people have commented on the spine though, its very striking and easy to pick out, but I dont want to let that overshadow your other less obvious but no less wicked alterations. I like the idea for the gauntlet fingers and also that you cut the trim away around the head, thats maybe something I should have done on mine as its pretty featureless and did force the head of mine down quite far. Nice tusks and spikes over the front, I had and idea to have jagged metal girders or something, shards, busting through the armour, but went for the more subtle style like the forgeworld one, not so much because I think its better but becauset was the safety option I think, I might go big with my next one a bit like your doing here.

thank you, the plan was always to have a fully Daemonic beast, captured as the pilot transformed into a daemon prince and bound to the Knight blending with the machine spirit in the process so now the pilot is eternally bound to his machine.

The Black ruin is a house or group of Knights dedicated to Abbadon so I'll have a number with 'normal' pilots but also want at least one fully daemon Knight for each god, I all ready have plans for a Slaanesh Helverin and a Nurgle Siege Warden. will probably have a full sized Slaanesh knight and then a Tzeentch one as well.

It's been another good night of working, I've sketched out the areas of detail that needed filling in around the Hip bones. I probably need to mix up a bit of green stuff less than half the size of a pea and just go in thin to neaten up the surface and tidy up the pipes and a tiny bot here and there for ragged edges of flesh but having stalled for nearly a year and a half I've got some mojo back and can actually see myself completing the body and legs before Christmas

Thanks for encouragement PBB as it got me more focused on working on what I've started over something new.

med_gallery_88567_11374_647309.png med_gallery_88567_11374_118338.png

Not only is the knight progressing but I also completed the next dry-brush of purple for all the Crons I have part painted along with a little bit more the the torso details for the 4 warriors.

Since the next greenstuff batch will be small while I listen to the next 2 hour lecture tomorrow the crons will get the Lions share instead But at least I should be able the call the hips complete ready for the tail and crotch bones.

Thanks, I was mostly working on it when out of the country on work trips and didn't have the same commitments each evening.

Also losing specific rules for Daemon Knights with 8th dropping took the wind out a bit fingers crossed for a full codex with Daemon knight rules.

Yeah, I get that. I'm bummed that at the end of the day my Knights are actually less interesting and variant than loyalist Knights rules-wise. I'd say I'm hoping for a reprint of the IA:13 Daemon Knight rules but even those were pretty lackluster. Unfortunately, I don't see anything coming out anytime soon to give us a better representation of Chaos Knights, we have to make due with the half hearted PDF we were given when Codex: Imperial Knights was released. :dry.:

Oh look I was right... It IS looking immense. I feel like I didn't try hard enough now XD. I still have a chance though, at some point I'll be working on a Tzeentch Knight which I plan on going wild with... Maybe more so now.

And thank you so much for including me in this, I'm happy to be a part of it even if it was just as a motivator. I had no idea this was here and it's very, very cool. The community here has been so encouraging and helpful I love that I've had the opportunity to give back. I'm really looking forward to watching this project progress.

0h and £75?! It was a steal at 120! What an epic find.

Yeah, I get that. I'm bummed that at the end of the day my Knights are actually less interesting and variant than loyalist Knights rules-wise. I'd say I'm hoping for a reprint of the IA:13 Daemon Knight rules but even those were pretty lackluster. Unfortunately, I don't see anything coming out anytime soon to give us a better representation of Chaos Knights, we have to make due with the half hearted PDF we were given when Codex: Imperial Knights was released. :dry.:

For a freebe I'm fine with them and it was suggested on warhammer community that we should rip the freeblade rules for the random traits or chose some for god specific (I expect they'll do the same anyway if we get our own book.)

My group wouldn't have an issue with that and I'd be surprised if any other group did unless your going tournament.

However I'm not going to get a Codex just for two tables but hope that we see something next year maybe even with some conversion sprues. This is still going to take a while to finish the build let alone paint so I'm not really in any hurry. In the mean time I hope to play as few game with a fully painted cron army (first time in nearly 30 years of playing I'll have a fully painted army.) 

Good that you are back. Now I don't have to search as ling as before to rip your ideas off^^

Thank you feel free to rip away.

Oh look I was right... It IS looking immense. I feel like I didn't try hard enough now XD. I still have a chance though, at some point I'll be working on a Tzeentch Knight which I plan on going wild with... Maybe more so now.

And thank you so much for including me in this, I'm happy to be a part of it even if it was just as a motivator. I had no idea this was here and it's very, very cool. The community here has been so encouraging and helpful I love that I've had the opportunity to give back. I'm really looking forward to watching this project progress.

0h and £75?! It was a steal at 120! What an epic find.

Oh go for it, though I would reserve the truly mental like this for full fledged half warp beast daemoninc knights. I intend the piloted knights to be much more restrained as I think it'll make this one and it's daemon siblings stand out more.

keep up the good work on the Khornate one your mate will be thrilled to bits.

Even at £75 I probably shouldn't have splashed out, still if I need food I can always sell one one eBay at a profit (Or one of the children Maybe?:whistling:  or a kidney? Damn seriously I may have a problem :wink: . )

For a freebe I'm fine with them and it was suggested on warhammer community that we should rip the freeblade rules for the random traits or chose some for god specific (I expect they'll do the same anyway if we get our own book.)

My group wouldn't have an issue with that and I'd be surprised if any other group did unless your going tournament.

However I'm not going to get a Codex just for two tables but hope that we see something next year maybe even with some conversion sprues. This is still going to take a while to finish the build let alone paint so I'm not really in any hurry. In the mean time I hope to play as few game with a fully painted cron army (first time in nearly 30 years of playing I'll have a fully painted army.) 

If you want to rip the Freeblade traits just get the datacards, it has all the strats and cards for the freeblade qualities and drawback and is much cheaper then the book.

If you want to rip the Freeblade traits just get the datacards, it has all the strats and cards for the freeblade qualities and drawback and is much cheaper then the book.

Good plan that, I may have to give it a go.

Will obviously depend on how soon I get the Knight done and how soon they drop a dex.

In the meantime I've managed to get more done and with all the gaps in progress I figured it was time for a full Knight shot.

med_gallery_88567_11374_529685.png med_gallery_88567_11374_838126.png

With the hips finished I made a start on the Knight's left leg,

med_gallery_88567_11374_644270.png

This has lead to some new trophies as 3 plague bearer heads and the odd spider like skull (Nurgle Daemon Prince?) from the box O skulls where added to a knee pad. The skulls are going to find themselves in a tail at some point I think as one of the knights blessings (probably no 6).

Above this a chaos Knight shield has been added to the thigh armour along with some skulls, and literally as I type this I'm thinking the face might be a Slaanesh daemon to go with the Nurgle ones in the blessing. Maybe he did over a pair of warring daemon princes and claimed their heads and since the shield is similar to Valkia's she may get a mention.

I'll be going round the trim on both next to match the Pauldrons and add some

This leg is going to have a lot of organic detail below the knee and I'm tempted to skull up the shin armour then break it in half and partially embed it into the flesh with chains.

I also noticed how well a fantasy marauder standard fitted to the crotch so it was modified to help enhance the mark of Khorne and give me something to hang some more chains off.

med_gallery_88567_11374_515379.png

Finally the tail was repaired and reinforced with greenstuff and a pin. it's a little bulkier than I would like now and also a touch lumpy which needs sorting but at least it should be stronger. Again as I'm typing I'm wondering about some cables and chains to help disguise the lumps and bulk.

med_gallery_88567_11374_573438.png

So please let me know what you guys think, I have the 4000 word assignment due on Wednesday but also I have Monday-Wednesday off work and will need distractions. The curing time on greenstuff is a great limiting factor as opposed to firing up a PC game or something so I'm sure at least one addition will happen each day.

I think it looks great. You can scrape the tail to get the lumps out if your worried about those. I don't think the thickness is an issue, remember that the Knight is huge and even though it's nice to retain those details it could look strangely insubstantial. As it is I think he tail looks pretty sinuey and whip like.

The Green Stuff is obviously great, nice work all down the back and the stacks look cool.

I would just be mindful of hanging things, like the 2 skulls hanging off theat symbol. It's very linear like all in one plane, which you can get away with if it's hanging perfectly perpandicular to the floor, but will look strange at an angle. I'm because of the angle of the hips you probably can't do that so maybe try to reset the chains to hang downwards?

Impressive work. I especially like the spine you sculpted.

Thank you. it took a long time to get right but it's been well worth it.

Nurgle skulls?! You just made an enemy for life!

Well if they will team up with the servants of the pathetic Princeling :wink: (Khorne's opinion not mine) they gunna get a smack down.

I've been working on the Slaanesh daemon face and because of the position just above the Nurgle Skulls and that is has it's tongue sticking out then the Slaanesh prince is kept bound there perpetually tasting the Nurgley goodness.

med_gallery_88567_11374_84401.png

I think it looks great. You can scrape the tail to get the lumps out if your worried about those. I don't think the thickness is an issue, remember that the Knight is huge and even though it's nice to retain those details it could look strangely insubstantial. As it is I think he tail looks pretty sinuey and whip like.

The Green Stuff is obviously great, nice work all down the back and the stacks look cool.

I would just be mindful of hanging things, like the 2 skulls hanging off theat symbol. It's very linear like all in one plane, which you can get away with if it's hanging perfectly perpandicular to the floor, but will look strange at an angle. I'm because of the angle of the hips you probably can't do that so maybe try to reset the chains to hang downwards?

That is a very good point, I've been playing with the whole bit as it didn't quite give of the Mark of Khorne vibe I wanted and I'm positioning the chains better.

First stage of GS is now on I'm much happier with the layout. next stage will see the symbol gaps filled in then the bones sorted out being careful not to over do a layer and end up with finger prints all the time.

med_gallery_88567_11374_427907.png

Lastly I started the process of the burning skull armour on the shins, taking a press mould again of the Chaos Dreadhold bits I currently have on shin pad done and greenstuff setting for the second. Both will get the same treatment as the skulls and trim on the pauldrons.

med_gallery_88567_11374_1876.png

Oh cool, nice work. This is coming together like a dream.

I'm in serious danger of the progress running away from me and not getting the reading done for this master's assignment. 

The thigh plate will be finished today and the knee pad won't be long behind, both shin plates now have the skulls on and I'm working through the bone trim on them. The left leg is getting roughed out as I use up the last bits of greenstuff each batch so that should go quite smoothly as well. I've even dug out the various pistons and bits that make up many of the details and I found quite daunting but they've gone together quite well. 

If it wasn't for the assignment I would probably have the legs done early this week, but I must get the masters work done and if I'm realy good I could actually get it finished early and spend longer on the Knight on Wednesday.

Oh, that's pretty. I think the tail is fine as is. 

Thank you. I'm going to make some modifications to enhance the half mechanical nature of the beast. It also allows me to make it a little stronger so It won't snap again as this will be a model that sees gaming table time.

Ha ha ha, I guess maybe we were all too encouraging! It's not going anywhere and neither are we. I look forward to the update pics, but yeah, get your work done first. I can really appreciate how a good project, esspecially one going so well can run away with your head and make it hard to focus on other stuff. Make this the reward for finishing your assignment! We'll all be waiting eagerly.