Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mechanist's Plog, Khorne Daemon Knight, Leg week.

Conversion Kitbash Black Legion Chaos Knight Khorne Chaos Space Marines Chaos Tzeench Daemons

• Please log in to reply
427 replies to this topic

KrautScientist

KrautScientist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,445 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters

I was originally going to suggest you finally start painting the darn thing, but then you go and add another layer of detail that adds to the model's background and narrative -- damn you! ;)

Seriously, though: It's clear that you want this to be special, and it shows. I'll still say it's important to not miss that sweet spot where the conversion is really finished and start the painting process -- trust me, I regularly end up with models that stay unpainted for years while I tweak and fiddle on them, and yet to actually take something to the finishing line can be such a rewarding feeling ;)

Anyway, always looking forward to seeing the big guy, so keep this coming! :)

• Eldrick Shadowblade likes this

Eldrick Shadowblade

Eldrick Shadowblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 710 posts
  • Faction: The Oath-Broken

I agree with Kraut! I'd have probably called this done a while ago, but you keep making cool additions! Can't wait to see this thing painted up and ready for war!

wp7jdc6.jpge5hTHdP.jpg35tL31s.pngmCFXFNT.png

FOLLOW MY BLACK LEGION OATH-BROKEN THREAD

http://www.bolterand...-gilgamesh-wip/

Mechanist

Mechanist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 765 posts

I was originally going to suggest you finally start painting the darn thing, but then you go and add another layer of detail that adds to the model's background and narrative -- damn you! msn-wink.gif

Seriously, though: It's clear that you want this to be special, and it shows. I'll still say it's important to not miss that sweet spot where the conversion is really finished and start the painting process -- trust me, I regularly end up with models that stay unpainted for years while I tweak and fiddle on them, and yet to actually take something to the finishing line can be such a rewarding feeling msn-wink.gif

Anyway, always looking forward to seeing the big guy, so keep this coming! smile.png

Haha, I'd not shown many photos of the legs as they where a bit of a mess of part conversion and bit's of rough greenstuff. And with all the work into the torso I can't go leaving the leg armour stock, it was pointed out earlier that I needed to make sure that the legs didn't look to small compared to the additional bulk of the torso as well. The frist work on the right leg managed this just fine and beyond some blending I've not changed the thigh and am jut cleaing up the ankles and toes. The left leg needed to be more mechanical so the new thigh shield adds the bulk and is now finished, this afternoon I;m going to mix a little batch and work on the shine and Knee plates.

I agree with Kraut! I'd have probably called this done a while ago, but you keep making cool additions! Can't wait to see this thing painted up and ready for war!

The problem with going to town on half the model is that any area that you don't is going to look out of place. I made a bit of a rod for my own back with this especially as the other full Daemon Knights will have to have the same care and attention if they are going to stand out. I do intend to hold back on the non daemonic Knights. If I can finish the build of the body this week I may get the arms done next, that way I'll be looking at pilots for some of the others while of over the holidays.

My plog With my latest creations and part projects

http://www.bolterand...change-painting

For more detailed waffle on anything I'm working on why not check out my blog at 

http://paintstationf...blogspot.co.uk/
ETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_01_.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Conversion, Kitbash, Black Legion, Chaos Knight, Khorne, Chaos Space Marines, Chaos, Tzeench, Daemons

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users