med_gallery_45765_11383_53120.png

- The six remaining Astartes with boltguns

med_gallery_45765_11383_125598.png

med_gallery_45765_11383_123597.png

med_gallery_45765_11383_115189.png

And, finally, a group shot

med_gallery_45765_11383_200931.png

+ + + + + +

As you can see, the Icon Bearer has no icon. I'm a bit stumped as to what to give him, as I'm not overly keen on the Chaos Undivided one that comes with the basic CSM kit. Any suggestions for alternatives welcome.

This lot will get their black undercoat and, if I manage, their first coat of red paint tomorrow. The aim is to have them all fully painted by the end of the week, with their attached Rhino if I can.

Funnily enough, I was thinking about Dark Apostles, but for the moment it's the Coryphaus I'm interested in. But fear not, a Dark Apostle will appear sometime in the near future :)

Also, not too sure about Forge World Word Bearer bits. When I order from them, I usually go for very generic bits that I can use for any project (since I jump from project to project very often) because it's all so bleedin' expensive. I might change my mind later on down the road, but for now I'll stick with what's in my bitz box :D

All sorts of bits and pieces can be combined together to make icons, most generic fantasy/AoS parts would work, plus aforementioned flagellant kit has many other bits and bobs that can be arranged to make banners, especially for Word Bearers. A spare Daemon Prince loincloth could work as a starting point, as could a variety of chaos warrior/knight shields.

Midnight: Cheers, man! I'm glad someone noticed the effort gone into building these chaps ;) I probably spent a good 45-60 minutes per model, trying to get the right bits together.

MaliGn: Very true. I'll keep that in mind for the next few icons I have to do :)

I really enjoy kitbashing (as you have seen with the models in post #1), perhaps even as much as painting, but I'm still rather new to Chaos and have very few Chaos-themed bits in my boxes.

Anyway, I wasn't as productive as the last two days today, but I still managed to ge the whole squad undercoated and the Rhino is about 90% assembled.

med_gallery_45765_11383_196438.png

It looks rather bare at the moment, but I'll be adding (im)purity seals, skulls and Chaos stars tomorrow. I'd also like to add some candles, but except for sculpting some, I'm not sure I can achieve that. Any ideas?

Thanks for all of the suggestions! I think I'll tempt fate and sculpt my own and see how it goes. Who knows, perhaps I'll turn out to be a rather decent sculptor, too :teehee:

Today's aim is to finish off the Rhino (hopefully, with sculpted candles) and basecoat the red armour on the whole squad. I'll post pictures up tonight, as per usual.

Archived