For the Warmaster a Black Legion Blog

This will be my blog for this years Call of Chaos, as well as building my Black Crusade. long story short, I've wanted to do a Crusade for years now, and have failed misserably every time I've tried.

Now, after some time away from the hobby I've started a Warband of Black Legion to lead my many Chaos Warbands.

Sadly for me, I painted up my Lord two days before realising the CoC was running, but I'll throw him up here anyway, just for a start:

gallery_10707_11380_17331.jpg

gallery_10707_11380_1527.jpg

Lord Luther, Commander of the Warband (that still need a cool name, suggestions are welcome).

The forces I've pledged for the CoC are:

6 Chosen:

gallery_10707_11380_134562.jpeg

Just the Dark Vengeance Chosen basically, no conversions or anything.

10 Chaos Marines:

gallery_10707_11380_164397.jpeg

This is only the first 5, the rest will be posted as soon as I have a pic of them.

1 Helbrute:

gallery_10707_11380_36712.jpeg

So that's the beginnings of my CoC Vow and my Black Legion force. More to follow soon.

- Luther.

Thanks guys, I've been productive. two more Chosen (when you see them you might even see a pattern in the way they're painted :P) and these guys have been painted.

gallery_10707_11380_918649.jpeg

so far so good.. I also have another 10 CSM ready for primer, as well as the helbrute and the remaining 5 for this squad.

- Luther

@ Midnight Runner: I'd be lying if I said your log hadn't been a source of inspiration ;) I only hope to be able to follow in your footsteps.

@ The Psycho: I agree for being the largest Legion, we sure don't show it on here, but that'll change :P

- Luther

@ Midnight Runner: I'd be lying if I said your log hadn't been a source of inspiration msn-wink.gif I only hope to be able to follow in your footsteps.

@ The Psycho: I agree for being the largest Legion, we sure don't show it on here, but that'll change tongue.png

- Luther

sad but true, i was once part (and still a part) of the black legion but i join the iron warriors. The reason that there are so few black legion warbands is due to the fact that many people still call us failure due to the fact that we lost 13 times (which is a lie that need's to die in the warp) and so people pick other legions such as iron warriors or world eaters.

Hail the warmaster

"The greatest trick Chaos ever pulled was convincing the galaxy that it didn't exist"

Let the lackeys of the Corpse Emperor believe the crusades are failures. Let them believe they are winning. Let them dismiss the Warmaster. The Legion rises; 1000's of worlds will be put to the sword. Millions of souls will be claimed. The Crimson Path is set - the galaxy will burn!! We are returned!! Ahem.

Thanks for the kind words about my guys btw, always means a lot :)

@ Midnight Runner: I'd be lying if I said your log hadn't been a source of inspiration msn-wink.gif I only hope to be able to follow in your footsteps.

@ The Psycho: I agree for being the largest Legion, we sure don't show it on here, but that'll change tongue.png

- Luther

sad but true, i was once part (and still a part) of the black legion but i join the iron warriors. The reason that there are so few black legion warbands is due to the fact that many people still call us failure due to the fact that we lost 13 times (which is a lie that need's to die in the warp) and so people pick other legions such as iron warriors or world eaters.

Hail the warmaster

Ironically, I have a warband for each of those two Legions as well :P

And yes, let them think we're failures. We shall return and then we will let the galaxy burn!

As for the Warmaster himself, well.. I'll be converting him as well when the army is large enough (I doubt he'd lead some 30 Marines himself. :P )

More will follow when I find the time to paint some more.

- Luther

small update.. I put in some painting time yesterday, and finished the Chosen and started work on the Helbrute. so far I've got this. (sorry for the bad pics, had almost no light when I took the pics)

gallery_10707_11380_62424.jpg

gallery_10707_11380_36893.jpg

and the Chosen:

the last two guys:

gallery_10707_11380_2437.jpg

then the entire squad:

gallery_10707_11380_28239.jpg

gallery_10707_11380_31152.jpg

C&C welcome as usual.

- Luther..

Agreed. I painted him in three pieces. the back with both arms assembled, the front, and the "torso armour". it was a pain to paint, but the level of details is absolutely stunning to work with.. I especially love the toes (and really disgusting nails as well).

Also, I managed to assemble another ten CSM from my bitzbox yesterday which puts the total force at 30 CSM, 1 Helbrute, 6 Chosen and a Lord, plus a special Secret Project as well, but more on that when I get more done on it..

- Luther

Small update, crappy pic, great news tongue.png

I've finally had a chance to prime some more, this is a before primer pic, to show what I've got going on right now.

gallery_10707_11380_98964.jpg

That is 25 Black Legionaires, ready for Primer (and a Rogue Trader I've wanted to paint since forever laugh.png ) as I write, they're all primed, and ready for paint, 5 of these, are for my CoC Vow, the rest are for the actual army.

- Luther

For your viewing pleasure (and because why not) I now present you with my first Chaos Space Marine Squad:

The Complete Squad:

gallery_10707_11380_59243.jpg

5 of the guys:

gallery_10707_11380_47.jpg

the remaining 5 guys:

gallery_10707_11380_38016.jpg

This is the first time I've actually managed to finish a CoC Vow, so naturally I'm really excited, but there's no rest for the wicked, and I have 20 other CSM waiting for paint.

More to come soon, and C&C welcome as usual.

- Luther

• 2 weeks later...

So, time for a small update..

I have no pics, (or anything new painted really), as i've just spent a week in the US visiting HellChyld. that, however gave me plenty of ideas, and just a few bitz for a project fitting any Black Legion army.

These bitz were given to me as a present, and they should help me with a conversion I've wanted to do for a while now. can you guess the project?

gallery_10707_11380_75114.jpg

the rest needed for the project will be bought on monday, and sometime soon after that, the conversion work will begin.

as for the rest of the army, I've gotten the black ready on the second squad, so now all I need is time to paint them.

- Luther..

Archived