tumblr_nwwymhdZKt1tdqdkto1_1280.png

So Ive finnaly put enough paint to Resin  to start my WIP in  this forum Im still working on a contemptor mortis  and ive got some bases to paint ,  but the bare bones dudes are pretty much done as well as the HQs sooooo  My submission for the HH  communities approval 

30k Imperial Fists 1st Company  Mid to  Late Scouring 

We Follow Sigismund 

tumblr_nwbvyvVWUA1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

Command Section 

tumblr_nwbvyvVWUA1tdqdkto9_1280.jpg

Ancient 

tumblr_nwbvyvVWUA1tdqdkto2_1280.jpg

Terminators 

tumblr_nwbvyvVWUA1tdqdkto3_1280.jpg

Thudd Guns! 

tumblr_nwbvyvVWUA1tdqdkto4_1280.jpg

Sicarian Battle Tank  

tumblr_nwbvyvVWUA1tdqdkto5_1280.jpg

Heavy Support Squad with Las Cannons ( I like the modern Las Cannons better )

tumblr_nwbvyvVWUA1tdqdkto6_1280.jpg

And the Tactical Bros! 

tumblr_nwbvyvVWUA1tdqdkto7_1280.jpgtumblr_nwbvyvVWUA1tdqdkto8_1280.jpg

Oh and heres my book  Pls ignore my feet  that many years of karate makes them pretty gnarled  @ n @ 

tumblr_nw4xfgHp0b1tdqdkto1_540.jpg

Edited by Brother Tyler
Tags edited

Brilliant start brother!

Though you didn't have to wait this long to showcase your stuff. Any chance I could get a better look at the Templar bros shoulder pads?

Thank you @ u @   I just wanted to have enough done so it  didint seem like I was just proxying most of my Black Templars ( even tho im doing a good bit of that as well ) 

Templar Brethren Shoulder Pads 

tumblr_nwbx9zM2ds1tdqdkto1_540.jpgtumblr_nwbx9zM2ds1tdqdkto2_540.jpg

I  prime white  use  Eshin Grey  shaded with Nuln oil to effect the black   but I  dont paint the shoulder guards  to keep the white background , for the Gold effects its just Runelord brass , shaded with nuln oil , usually shading the entire model is like the last step  gives the models this dirty  weve been fighting sort of look that  I really like. 

# Dumpster  no  Talent painting  that somehow comes out alright. 

That is a really great force.

I started out with Heresy Ultras but decided to focus on Scouring Ultras based around the time when Guilliman was hopping from system to system crushing traitors and aliens with his power fist.

Also so I could save a bit of cash and use some mkVII marines lol...

Thank you  everyone for the compliments , It really means a lot when yer work is appreciated. Were all so hard on ourselves when we paint so it certainly feels good to put up something your proud of despite the thousand little things you feel might be wrong with it and have people give you  feedback.

Hopefully moving forward ill be able to paint some other cool stuff for these guys to add to them. 

" We began in ignorance, fighting a war that we did not understand against weapons we had never dreamt existed. We were unready, we were vulnerable; we were weak. But in those first moments our enemies gave us strength. The strength to live, to rise from the bloody fields, to march on but not to fall; all this is ours now , and was not before. "
Sigismund  - Words spoken to the  Templars at the first gate of Terra 
( HH: Book 3 page 46 )

Looking great, i really like the black. A bit more characterful than the usual gloss. I especially like the cataphractii, they look pretty sweet in Templars colours. And Sigismund, he's awesome! Edited by Corswain

Awesome awesome stuff

How do you do your black? It's ace!

Thank you. 

The Black for my Models starts off as Eshin Grey and is then Shaded with undiluted nuln oil over the panels you want to actually appear black.  

This works with either a black or a white undercoat with very little variation  though I find  priming in white a little easier for me. 

I see!

Thanks, i'll give it a whirl - it gives a very dynamic black without the need for much edge highlighting :smile.:

Good Luck I  hope it comes out alright , You  can be very liberal with the nuln oil ! D:  

Ive got 15 templar bodies right now and no  idea what to build with them   , Ive got 10  shields so maybe i  should make Breachers? or maybe destroyers?   any suggestions ? 

tumblr_nwe15nfV3J1tdqdkto1_540.jpg

tumblr_nwe27wFbMt1tdqdkto1_540.jpg

Edited by Bladewolf

They look really nice.

I take it the Templars are different to Imperial Fist upgrades, as in you can't scatter then through tactical squads to add a bit of flavor?

I think Imperial fists have Phalanx Warders as breachers or certainly an upgraded version of breachers...

Maybe run them as a counts as warders unit (proto sword brethren), Shields, power weapons and bolt weaponry?

They look really nice.

I take it the Templars are different to Imperial Fist upgrades, as in you can't scatter then through tactical squads to add a bit of flavor?

I think Imperial fists have Phalanx Warders as breachers or certainly an upgraded version of breachers...

Maybe run them as a counts as warders unit (proto sword brethren), Shields, power weapons and bolt weaponry?

I picked Slipstreams brain a bit in the tactical thread and got him to give up the secret to effective breacher squads  8 bolters 2 Graviton guns so I  set up 10 of the boys like that 

tumblr_nweomuyXXi1tdqdkto1_540.jpg

I know the combat shields arent exactly boarding shields but damnit my artistic vision shall not be compromised !  D:  

Ill end up painting the shields black  with gold accents ( like polux'  shield  )  to denote them as breacher marines 

Edited by Bladewolf

Brilliant start brother!

Though you didn't have to wait this long to showcase your stuff. Any chance I could get a better look at the Templar bros shoulder pads?

Thank you @ u @   I just wanted to have enough done so it  didint seem like I was just proxying most of my Black Templars ( even tho im doing a good bit of that as well ) 

Templar Brethren Shoulder Pads 

tumblr_nwbx9zM2ds1tdqdkto1_540.jpgtumblr_nwbx9zM2ds1tdqdkto2_540.jpg

I  prime white  use  Eshin Grey  shaded with Nuln oil to effect the black   but I  dont paint the shoulder guards  to keep the white background , for the Gold effects its just Runelord brass , shaded with nuln oil , usually shading the entire model is like the last step  gives the models this dirty  weve been fighting sort of look that  I really like. 

# Dumpster  no  Talent painting  that somehow comes out alright. 

I think that you are been a little rough on your self mate, they look beautiful!

I will be giving the Eshin Grey a try as apposed to plain old white