So I have a lot of things coming up as far as my space wolves are concerned

Despite having enough stuff to field the Vith   ( mostly )  I really wanted to re approach them using the upgrade torsos and shoulder pads , I found doing so with my Imperial Fists really led to some great infantry that gave me a strong thematic result ( TEMPLAR TORSOS EVERYWHERE )   and Id like to get  my new space wolves infantry spun up int he same way

As Such I  have Ordered 30 mk3 marines  30 Mk3 Space Wolves Shoulders 30  Space Wolves Upgrade Torsos
3 Space Wolf Upgrade Packs from GW  ( For the heads  axes and backpacks )

I have also picked up Russ' Wolves  since I do not like using riderless thunderwolf cavalry models for them

I have picked up a spartan for Russ and his Honor Guard as well as space wolf Land Raider Doors to make sure that it fits in right.

A lightning has been ordered because  im building around Pale Hunters

Lastly Ive picked up the last Cerastus Pattern Knight I do not own  ( Castigator)   since ive always played my wolves alongside my Knights in 40k I see no reason to deviate from that in 30k  and I would like to add the last of those very beautiful patterns to my knights of house blackwood.

Needless to say I will be working on a lot of stuff for my wolves going forward with my Dark Angels and Imperial Fists currently at pretty good stages of completion. 

I am very excited to be working on this project  I am excited in general , I have been away from my wolves for some time now ,  it feels good to get back to them 

With Grey Slayers Kits in the Work  ( 20 of which will need to be spun up when they become available ) 
Wolf Guard Catapractii  (  Of which 10 will need to be spun up when they become available ) 
Space Wolves Contemptor  ( 1 of which will need to be spun up  when it becomes available ) 

And Potentially getting some Deathsworn put together 

Even with this huge project I will have much more to work on. 

So Heres to upcoming projects ! 

That's quite a muster you've got. Russ looks pretty awesome with the two different coloured power weapons and I definetly think the PGM pads make cataphracti terminators look better (especially if they're honour guard units). Keep up the good work.

That looks really cool.

Can the legion pilot them or is ithuman serf pilots?

Human Pilots for these things 

I wanted to think up like an imperial navy fighter ace squadron that  has been really active during the great crusade , and has served alongside  the Ist Vith and Viith  at some time or another.   Who dont take the Heraldry of the legions they serve because their own Heraldry is supposed to be something they are proud of. 

I need to find a tiny owl design I can maybe trace onto the wing.  And some sort of name for the  unit that  incorporates the Owl   The Lightning is a really fun Kit I cant wait to eventually put together a second  and maybe even a third. 

17353434_1597644430260678_51026271673547

17342755_1597644433594011_50242060529976

Looks really cool there, and like them having their ow n heraldry so they can be used with any legion.

or a very basic owl shape have you considered the Mazda logo, with slight alterations for eyes.

mazda logo without brand name

Or the RT Mentor Legion symbol

Mentor legion banner

Edited by dantay_xv

:censored: that does look effing scary! It's amazing how well the SW torsos match the plastic MKIII to make them look like real vikings in space. Can't wait to finish and post my own unit. Not long to go now!

I look forward to seeing your unit when its done. I agree the SW torsos are fantastic , I just wish we got a full 10 so there would be a bit more variation. 

Are these going to be grey slayers?

No Brother  these are veteran Tacticals , I never really plan on playing the game without Russ  and until grey slayer models are released  I dont want to convert up my own , so im rolling 3 veteran tactical squads at the moment, I  did 15 with helms and 15 without , im currently in the fitting of the arms making sure they can hold a bolter and gluing them in place but leaving the bolters off so I can properly paint the detail on the torsos. 

I only got 10 of them done today before work unfortunately.

17426382_1604251432933311_67619834905022 

You got a really nice mix going on and I am in agreement with you.

Am waiting for Grey Slayer kits to make them, need to get in some FW torso's and ready to rock..

Which special weapons are you going to go with for your veterans?

You got a really nice mix going on and I am in agreement with you.

Am waiting for Grey Slayer kits to make them, need to get in some FW torso's and ready to rock..

Which special weapons are you going to go with for your veterans?

Im just going to do axes on the Sargents I dont want to overspend on them as I plan to run them as marksmen vets so a bolter is pretty solid. 

I had a pretty bad morning , my spartan fell from my kitchen counter and essentially exploded , I was able to get it back together but its a bit messed up now , I feel pretty upset at that.  I  did finish the arms on the veterans , still waiting on peices for the Sargents and the Speaker though. 

tumblr_on8dsf3xvv1tdqdkto2_1280.jpg

tumblr_on8dsf3xvv1tdqdkto3_1280.jpg

tumblr_on8dsf3xvv1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg