Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Index Astartes - Storm Riders

White Scars Storm Riders

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,786 posts

THE STORM RIDERS

SR badge

CHAPTER NAME: ..........................THE STORM RIDERS
FOUNDING: ....................................2ND [M.31]
CHAPTER WORLD: .......................AUKKAJA
FORTRESS MONASTERY: ...........STORM'S EYE

GENE-SEED (PREDECESSOR): ...WHITE SCARS LEGION
KNOWN DESCENDANTS: ............NONE

SPECIALTY: ....................................BOARDING AND AIRCRAFT ACTIONS; ASSAULT

BATTLE CRY: ................................."Like the waves of Aukkaja!" "We came to crush!"

"Follow me, brothers! Follow me into the fires of war! Let us crush this traitorous scum! Let us scotch the fires they brought with them like the waves of our home! Like the waves of Aukkaja!” “WE CAME TO CRUSH!”
Auwakei, Warchief of the Storm Riders chapter, before assaulting the infamous battle barge Enjoyable Death during the battle of Hyparex

T
he Storm Riders are a Loyalist Space Marine Successor Chapter of the famous White Scars.  Although being a Codex Astartes-compliant Chapter, they do kept many traditions of their parent chapter. The chapter was founded during the 2nd Great Founding shortly after the events of the Horus Heresy. Before that, the brotherhood of the Storm Riders was one of many brotherhoods of the Vth Legiones Astartes, the White Scars. Fighting on their own on the opposite side of the universe, the brotherhood of the Storm Riders under Thoruk Khan was separated for several years, allying themselves with a Blackshield force which called themselves Black Angels against the traitorous forces of the Death Guard. When they finally joined the rest of the Legion under the Great Khan right before the siege of terra, they fought a seemingly endless war between the loyal and renegade fleet. After the death of Horus and the Emperors demise, Thoruk Khan and his men traveled across the imperial realm, avenging their fallen brothers and the Emperor.

When Roboute Guilliman released the Codex Astartes, Jaghatai Khan was amongst those who agreed to split their Legions. The Storm Riders, as they were simply called by their brothers, were ordered to reinforce the loyal forces in the Segmentum Ultima, taking their seat in the Waniku sub sector with Aukkaja being their new homeworld.

Since then, the Storm Riders' primary task is to guard the Waniku sub-sector and the surrounding region, which both are infrequently plagued by Orks, Dark Eldar and more frequently by the forces of Chaos under the leadership of the Nightmarchers, former Storm Riders, who joined the Dark Gods after the devastating Pal Harboris catastrophe.

With their mastery of their ancient art of war called Lua, stellar warfare and their battle ferocity, the warriors of the Storm Riders are fearsome foes ready to face all necessary threats.

History of the Storm Riders

Notable campaigns:

• Great Crusade
  • Horus Heresy
  1. Who to trust?
  2. At the Khagans side
  3. The Codex Astartes
  • Waniku
  1. Bonechewa-Waaagh!
  2. The reapers of the moon
  • The broken wave - The Pal Harboris catastrophe
  • The rising Tide
  1. The tendrils of Moloch
  2. Facing brothers
  3. The greater Good

Spoiler

Combat Doctrine

Spoiler

Chapter Organisation

Spoiler

Edited by Kelborn, 11 May 2016 - 09:47 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Brotherhood of the Lost - The Icarion Insurrection: http://www.bolterand...od-of-the-lost/

This is my mod voice. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My mod voice is a means to an end.

Let us avoid it, alright?

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,786 posts

Gene-seed

Spoiler

Homeworld

Spoiler

Chapter Beliefs and Culture

Spoiler

Notable Elements

Spoiler

Chapter Appearance

Spoiler

Edited by Kelborn, 17 June 2016 - 08:39 PM.

Brotherhood of the Lost - The Icarion Insurrection: http://www.bolterand...od-of-the-lost/

This is my mod voice. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My mod voice is a means to an end.

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,747 posts
I like what I see. Great start and far more organized than my attempts ;)

Open for Comissions, just PM me. The Wardens of Light were like golden blades, cutting down their enemies scarring the darkness.

gallery_92945_11930_15891.jpeggallery_78117_10471_62812.pnggallery_92945_11930_12458.png

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,786 posts

Thank you.

As promised, I revised the uploaded content. smile.png

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,747 posts
Damn. The chapter badge is way coooooool.

Open for Comissions, just PM me. The Wardens of Light were like golden blades, cutting down their enemies scarring the darkness.

gallery_92945_11930_15891.jpeggallery_78117_10471_62812.pnggallery_92945_11930_12458.png

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,786 posts

Hey guys,

because of the Liber Day, I came up with the idea to revise this article.

Although it once fitted in my old project concerning the samurai themed Dark Knights, the Nippon Sector, etc. it is outdated for my current project, a Black Shields band called the Black Angels and the domerian realm.

There are many overlaps but I really enjoyed creating the Storm Riders. Therefore I want to revise them until they fit perfectly.

What does that mean?

Instead being a successor chapter of the Dark Knights, they will become a White Scars successor. Once a separate independent fleet during the Great Crusade and later the Horus Heresy, they fought alongside the Black Angels against Horus's forces, some shattered legions who went berserk, etc. After that, the Black Angels stayed in the domerian realm while the White Scars fleet depart to search for the Khan.

They'll find him right after the siege of Terra, joining his avenging crusade against the traitors. During the second founding, the Khan decrees that they shall reinforce the local defenders of the Waniku sub-sector, reshaping them into the Storm Riders.

Why the White Scars?

Simply said, they rather fit the Hawaiian theme better than the Raven Guard. After reading Scars (and currently Damocles) I really enjoyed the WS like I would have never imagined. They became one of my most favorite legions, being previously the very last.

I'll rename this thread as well, turning it into a WIP, hoping to get some advices (especially concerning grammar, etc.).

Thanks for reading.

See you,

Kelborn

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,786 posts

Shall I apologize for xxxx-posting?

Well ok: sorry!

But I got a serious question. As I am currently revising the whole idea of my Storm Riders including cutting out stuff and put new stories in it, etc. and as it seems, about 80% of this article will be replaced, shall I just edit this thread or shall I create a new one and put this one to rest?

Don't want to spam threads like crazy and therefore I wanted to ask before I do it.

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,479 posts

Shall I apologize for xxxx-posting?

Well ok: sorry!

But I got a serious question. As I am currently revising the whole idea of my Storm Riders including cutting out stuff and put new stories in it, etc. and as it seems, about 80% of this article will be replaced, shall I just edit this thread or shall I create a new one and put this one to rest?

Don't want to spam threads like crazy and therefore I wanted to ask before I do it.

No need to apologise if you add content with every new post and/or ask for feedback.

I would suggest that you put all of the content that you have in your posts into "Hidden" tabs...

Hidden Content

That way you'll still be able to refer back to your original material but also have the space to write your new fluff. :)

tn_gallery_45765_15430_660.pnggallery_45765_12339_44045.pngtn_gallery_45765_11834_1547.png

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

Accept all challenges, no matter the odds.

Suffer not the Heretic to live.

Abhor the Typo.

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,786 posts

Thank you. Will think about it. :)

I got a little update for you. About 50-70% is revised, leaving their history, combat doctrine and homeworld left to be revised.

I will start updating this thread when everything is done.

But for now, I got something I wanted to share with you. Behold the dramatis persona of the Storm Riders chapter:

dramatis personae

This masterpiece was done by slaine69, a great and talented guy! thumbsup.gif
You can find him on deviantart.

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,786 posts

A few quotes I might use in the future and as I'm not at home, I need them to be written somewhere. msn-wink.gif

"I was there. On the day of betrayal. When brother fought brother. I was there, when Manus died. Our beloved father, our ideal, the epitome of ourselves. I haven't seen it as my brothers and I were not able to catch up with him and his elite. But I've felt it. I've felt the cursed blade of this mucous bastard known as Fulgrim, slicing through my flesh and bones as if it was me who got beheaded. When the Gorgon died, my heart stopped beating. Our father...dead? A distillate of mankind's potential? The ultimate warrior? DEAD?! Confusion turned to rage, turned to hate. It fueled my body until I lost control of my feelings. With a feral battle cry on my lips, I charged at the enemy front lines of our former brothers. Killing for hours, we were finally overwhelmed until there was no other way than to retreat. We were able to capture a couple of ships and shuttles and to return to our ships...or at least those who were able to flee. After fleeing Istvaan, I gathered my brothers. We decided to carry on. To fight all those who betrayed us. The Sons of Horus, the Word Bearers, the Raven Guard, it didn't matter to us anymore who we were fighting against. Everyone was guilty of being weak, of being not able to get rid of their weaknesses. They all deserve death. And that is when we turned against all others. I can't remember when we first heard the call of Khorne. Does that even matter now? If we keep fighting our enemies and he is pleased about it, so be it. If he is pleasured with our crusade and grants us his blessings and war machines, so be it. I'm not interested in gods. I'm only interested in purging the galaxy of all its weaknesses including mankind as a whole! Blood for the Gorgon! Let death consume you all!"

--------

The Father, leader of the Iron Fist warband formerly known as Kalian Selgok, Forgefather of the Xth Legiones Astartes, the Iron Hands; addressing Ikaika, chieftain of the first Tribe, Storm Riders chapter during the battle of Pal Harboris aboard the Scion of Madness

"I always walked in your shadow. It was my destiny to become Warchief, not yours! Since I can remember, I'm the one of us doing the things needed to be done and you were afraid of! It was right to board the Hulk! When it is under our control, we will use it against the Alpha Legion! Imagine this mighty vessel as our...no...my new flagship! No one can stop me now! Not you, not Mikala, no one! Now, get out of my way, Auwakei! This traitor is the key to control it. I don't care for the edict of the Inquisition! They will realize their mistakes when I've smashed these traitorous bastards! They will pull their edict off when they are facing my new might! You will see. You all will see. I am destined to save us all."

-----

Ikaika, chieftain of the first Tribe; addressing Auwakei, Warchief of the Storm Riders, during their confrontation aboard the Scion of Madness

"These cursed Astartes! If they haven't separated their forces, we could deal with the Alpha Legion! Nearly all defense platforms are down. The docked ships have started their engines, some of them are already out of range. They are stealing our ships right before our eyes! And we can't do anything to stop them! Even those Storm Riders fighting with us can't do anything! It is their fault and theirs alone! By the might of the Emperor and His will I condemn the Adeptus Astartes chapter also known as the Storm Riders of being guilty for the loss of Pal Harboris! The blood of millions and the loss of nearly a whole fleet will forever stain their honor! When this massacre is over, they will go on a penitent crusade until I or another high ranking member of the Inquisition redeem them! They shall not rest! They shall be alone! They shall pay for their mistakes done by their own brothers! This I, Lord Inquisitor Kalrus Wrex, swear by Him on Terra!"

-----

Lord Inquisitor Kalrus Wrex during the so called Pal Harboris-catastrophe, aboard the Sigilite's Fury an inquisitorial cruiser

Edited by Kelborn, 20 April 2016 - 06:38 AM.

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,786 posts

IT IS DONE!

*well....at least 80% of it is finished*

I managed to revise the whole concept including combat doctrine, homeworld, beliefs, history and so on.

There is still a lot to do: their history post Heresy + chapter fleet, but I'm still working on it.  Couldn't wait any longer to publish it. ^^

I had a lot of fun in recreating the whole concept, including to work with two great artists who did a tremendous job in visualizing my characters. One commission is still in progress but by now, it looks fabulous. biggrin.png

You'll probably recognize some bits and formulations because I used some articles about the White Scars as a foundation to work on. Mostly because of their formulation, etc. You'll see that I changes a lot or the original bit fits perfectly in their context.

As I don't know of what to say further, I hope you'll enjoy reading it! biggrin.png

As always (and I would be happy about it): feedback and ideas for improvement are welcome. smile.png

*edit*

Maybe you can help me with the following idea:

How about turning one of their reserve company into a pilot company, using Xyphon Interceptors, Stormralons and the like. Would support their theme of being a fast hitting chapter which makes use of a lot of aircrafts, etc.

What do you think?

cheers

Kelborn

Edited by Kelborn, 23 April 2016 - 11:22 AM.

Grey Hunter Ydalir

Grey Hunter Ydalir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,693 posts

Honestly, having glanced over everything I'd collate everything you've got, gather all your newest and reworked stuff and bring it together coherently in a new thread.

I am a real pain for starting a million threads for chapter updates, but I find that unless you're getting a lot of discussion in your original thread and constantly updating it with proper C&C from a core group of people, it quickly gets a little frustrating to read through half a page here, a paragraph there, broken up across multiple posts.

I also am not a fan of the posts being 'hidden' in spoiler boxes. It irritates me no end for some reason, not necessarily a problem per-se, but generally if one person says it ten others are thinking it.

Put the thread to rest, start a new one.

I know some of the mods would likely love to kill me for cluttering up the forum and the Server, but this isn't Old Liber where a chapters opening post would be a fully written monster, and then broken down over the next 20 - 100 pages by a hardcore group of users that hung around the Liber like it was going out of fashion. It's a much slower subforum these days, and you need to make it easy for people to get to grips with your chapter and what you're trying to achieve in order to get anything out of people.

Give your work a second overall look, put everything together as best you can and give it another run.

As an aside, you've got a lot of flavour text and extraneous fluff, to the point where I think it overwhelms the core of the IA. Hell, one of your flavour pieces is easily a similar length to an entire subsection, this counts doubly so for some of the extraneous stuff like the descriptions of extra worlds. Honestly, I'd much rather read about your marines than these planets.

Also, try to keep yourself from posting 'updates' like your estimation on revisions being made. I know it might seem like bumping the thread to the top will keep it in view and more people reading it, unless they're posting it's not helping. It sounds harsh to say it but even with a dedicated few users posting and helping you out, these are nonsense posts. They don't give anyone anything to work with and the more you do it the more people will skip your thread and go to others that interest them first, and to be brutally honest most people have a certain amount of time or patience to be on this site doing what we do.

I know that there are times for me especially that even though I am once again checking B&C every day for new content, if it's just after work, or I've had a bad shift or picked up a really rough job, I've no patience at all for something that doesn't grab my attention.

While yes it's true the writing is done to entertain the self as much as an audience, these IA's are meant really for the consumption of others. It's a mark of pride, passion and to some extent ego that we work on these and put so much effort into them. We want other people to read these articles and see what we see in our minds eye. What makes this chapter exciting and inspiring for you? That's what will get people to comment.

It's funny, the Liber now is almost a microcosm in reflection of the emergent millennial culture being bemoaned today, of short attention spans and instant gratification.

Ok, I feel like I went a bit off reservation here, apologies. However I don't think anything I've said here is untrue, it's just how it is. The Liber is like YouTube in essence a cult of personality, where instead of the content creators being the focus of the attention, it's their creations, the Index Astartes articles and the chapters created within that pull you in.

Granted there are a few of us here such as Ace who have an incorrigible manner and ability to bring a smile to you no matter what, it's not the majority of us and it certainly isn't me, so I know what you're going through all too well.

Start afresh and bring your chapter together so we can all see who these super human warriors are.

The Octaguide.
The Thousand Marine Myth.

On the scale mismatch of bolts and bolters by Coldfyre

"...I have seen the birth of this world and I have seen its death. I walked with the first men and I shared a beer with the last. For me everyone is both old and young at the same time as a million lifetimes pass before my eyes and humanity is like the grains of sand in the desert, each breath to me a sigh in the vast never-ending vacumn of space."
-Silver Phoenix

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,786 posts

Well,

I do get your point but it is interesting that before updating this thread, I was recommended to use this thread instead of creating a new one.

With your post in mind, I believe that I want way more than a regular Index Astartes article. It was always my goal to show the audience the Storm Riders' culture, their home, their enemies they had faced and so on. 

Furthermore I wanted to expand this project even further, including a DIY Knight Household named Toho, mentioning Titan Legio Gojira, write something about their enemies (including small boxes of their main antagonists, i.e. the Father of the Iron Fist or Waaaghboss Orkrim Skullswalla) and so on.

This is the one after many chapters I'm really convinced of. Therefore I think that it would make sense to heed your advice and put this thread to rest.

Instead of it, I will create a new one (when I'm done with everything) in the Special Projects subforum, because of the mass of things I want to deal with and which are probably way more than an Index Astartes article would cover.

Edited by Kelborn, 30 April 2016 - 08:46 PM.

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,747 posts
Heads up. You tried to built not only a chapter but a whole world around it. Kudos for the effort.
Nobody is interested? Well, their fault. Don't rate the value of your work on the amount of replies you get
You did a formidable job and togheter with your knighthouse you will built a little universe of your own and if people are not interested. Well it is their loss, not yours.

Grey Hunter Ydalir

Grey Hunter Ydalir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,693 posts

Don't get me wrong Kellborn, I'm not telling you to pack everything up and go home.

I'm just advising to rake the sand and make the sandcastle new again, the old one has had too many pieces poked out of it.

Furthermore I wanted to expand this project even further, including a DIY Knight Household named Toho, mentioning Titan Legio Gojira, write something about their enemies (including small boxes of their main antagonists, i.e. the Father of the Iron Fist or Waaaghboss Orkrim Skullswalla) and so on.

This is the one after many chapters I'm really convinced of. Therefore I think that it would make sense to heed your advice and put this thread to rest.

Instead of it, I will create a new one (when I'm done with everything) in the Special Projects subforum, because of the mass of things I want to deal with and which are probably way more than an Index Astartes article would cover.

That's awesome, I'd love to see it and I'd also like to see it develop as it goes. The main thing I wanted to get across was 'pick your battles'. Don't put too much unfocused information on the board for people to get through.

Perhaps I'd say keep working on the Index Astartes for the chapter here, but work on the overall article in special projects? It would allow you to keep the critique for various parts of the whole well focused.

Heads up. You tried to built not only a chapter but a whole world around it. Kudos for the effort.
Nobody is interested? Well, their fault. Don't rate the value of your work on the amount of replies you get
You did a formidable job and togheter with your knighthouse you will built a little universe of your own and if people are not interested. Well it is their loss, not yours.

That's not how it works. While overall you're right, when you put up your work for public consumption in a subforum that is built around the development of said articles and lore, your encouraging words don't count as much. Is it possible that it is our loss for not reading it? Yes absolutely, from the authors point of view, which I totally understand and agree with. To a point.

If you see a gigantic wall of unrefined text copied and pasted into a Liber thread with 'generic chapter, the genericals' as the header, you tend to pass it by. These were the posts most harshly thrown to the wolves in the past, luckily I haven't seen many of them lately.

Not only does this not help you if you authored that particular nightmare to get any sort of meaningful help, but it also sets people against you, as it seems to be that you were unable to take the few minutes of effort required to simply format your work in a readable manner.

There are always exceptions to the rule, of course, but the exceptions aren't really helpful.

Lastly, it's not rating success based on the number of replies. This isn't facebook, despite the new 'like' system (not a fan). You want critique and no one critiques your work? Their loss? No, if you posted it here then it's your loss, literally you are losing out on not getting the thing you specifically came here for.

I've been in this exact situation and it's frustrating as all hell, it's not always your fault either, sometimes you just pick a bad time to post your work. Posted on a Tuesday morning, everyone is at work and then too buggered to bother with B&C until more toward the weekend, you get stuck with a slow forum and no opinions or critique on your work. It sucks and you can feel terrible, you start to believe your work sucks or that people just don't like you or what you do.

Problem is these days is there isn't the same level of activity or community in members as there used to be, so you can't just 'get involved' in the forum by getting in on the ground and critiquing others work in order to draw more attention to your own, because the movement and number of users just isn't there.

Not only that but at this stage, posting that is literally giving platitudes and then patting yourself on the back for saying a nice thing. Don't do that. Give meaningful feedback on his work if you want to actually help.

Anyway, moving on. Kelborn! If you want to move everything over to SP I won't blame you, but I think it'd be a loss for the forum to lose you and your ideas for chapters just because of this. So I propose as I mentioned earlier, keep your chapter and it's IA here, but move the overall 'verse you're making to SP, or even break it up into the multiple relevant subforums if you're happy to keep things focused, even if it may be somewhat more disjointed until you put it all back together.

The Octaguide.
The Thousand Marine Myth.

On the scale mismatch of bolts and bolters by Coldfyre

"...I have seen the birth of this world and I have seen its death. I walked with the first men and I shared a beer with the last. For me everyone is both old and young at the same time as a million lifetimes pass before my eyes and humanity is like the grains of sand in the desert, each breath to me a sigh in the vast never-ending vacumn of space."
-Silver Phoenix

Conn Eremon

Conn Eremon

++ SCRIBA VILLOSUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,200 posts
I can see where GHY is coming from, and I think your Chapter and work would be best served being separated out into two separate pieces. As it is now, we've got a monster of an article that's had a lot of work and thought gone into it, but isn't the most welcoming to a first-time reader of it.

The original Indices Astartes, the imitation of which being the Liber's bread and butter, were all about providing the scope of Chapters with ten thousand years worth of history in a rather concise, easily digestible manner.

Try and take the original article layout, much of which you have, and try to give your Chapter life with one paragraph per heading. That will mean cutting out a lot of stuff, but I'm not suggesting you simply toss everything else out the window. Keep it, just don't provide it all at once.

Once you've done a traditional article, try your hand at the format Grand Master Belial uses for his Brotherhood of Angels events. They're more lengthy, more detail-prone. Whatever had to be removed for the smaller article will likely find a home in this format, and likely you'll find room for even more exploration. And if it didn't, maybe it's for a reason. Again, doesn't mean just throw stuff into the trashbin and forget about it, but not everything about a Chapter is necessarily relevant to the telling of its story. Lysander's history and place in the Imperial Fists Chapter is very prominent and relevant to their modern identity, but that does not mean he deserves a place in their Index Astartes article, for example. Though I'm now sure someone is going to tell me that he was in the article, or hadn't been thought up yet at that time. :lol:

I think that the Storm Riders would be best served broken up like that. The first to get the readers' attention, to give them the most vital details of this Chapter, and the later one providing all the details and in-depth looks that fans only really crave once they already know the basics

And I'd suggest that any subsequent works you do follow that same pattern. Provide the more basic, summarized articles before you dive deeper in. Working to create your own personalized domain is admirable, and one I like to see. There is so much room for the DIY than just Chapters, and there is little that proves that more than creating whole your own slice of the 40k setting.

Posted Image

Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes

Guilliman Heresy | Corax Coup | Conn's DIY Projects | Liber Surgery

The Liber Cluster II is now live!

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,786 posts

Thanks to all of you.

You're right. I wanted more than a normal article would cover. For me it is of course a my "normal" work but for you as a reader it's like a monster of information and text.

I'll act on your advice. But instead of revising this thread again and again, I'll create a complete new one, if this is ok. It will probably be named: Storm Riders - Pure Index Astartes article or something like this.

This time, it will only feature the core information of the Storm Riders (mostly one paragraph per heading)!

When this is done (which will probably won't take that long, 'cause it's only cutting), where should I post the out fleshed version? In the Liber as well or as a new post in the new thread or somewhere else?

Conn Eremon

Conn Eremon

++ SCRIBA VILLOSUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,200 posts
All things DIY have a place in the Liber.

Posted Image

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,786 posts

Ok, got it.

But the question remains: a separate thread or as additional posts in the new Index Astartes thread?

Would like to do a separate thread but I don't want to spam the Liber with threads. Possibly in the Special Projects forum?

Conn Eremon

Conn Eremon

++ SCRIBA VILLOSUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,200 posts

One thread per article is more than fine, and I'd also be okay for a final thread tying all your disparate pieces into a cohesive whole. It'd really only be spamming if you intended to work on all of it all at once, turning the first page of the Liber into all things Kelborn. But if you work on it one article at a time, it's not an issue.

You can create a new thread if you'd like, but it isn't necessary. You have the first two posts already claimed in this thread. Post 1 could be your smaller article, Post 2 the lengthier, deeper look. You can save what is already posted to your drive, or you can move it to a later post in this thread.

Actually, I've hidden your third post because the content had been edited out. I can always unhide it so that you can place your current content.

It's a good set-up. Post 1, introduction to my Chapter. Post 2, in-depth exploration of that Chapter. Post 3, the works in progress that led to Post 1 & 2. Post 4 onward, the discussion of your Chapter.

Posted Image

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,786 posts

Sounds plausible.

But there is a limitation, right?

I had to split it into two post as it was too much for just a single one. Think that the shortened IA article will fit in the first post but I'm not sure with the rest of it.

I also had in mind to work with links, for example:

First post: IA article with the core basics

Second post: links to the extended stuff (let's say)

The Waniku sub sector and its planets: Link Post 3

Third post: actual article about the worlds of Waniku

With that I can upload new stuff bit by bit and prevent having a couple of monstrous posts.

How about that?

Edited by Kelborn, 02 May 2016 - 07:15 AM.

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,786 posts

Ok. I've cut out a unnecessary information about them, leaving key facts behind.

The missing parts in their history are written and saved on my laptop at home. Therefore I will upload them in the evening.

Hope that it's not a monster of fluff anymore and you enjoy reading.

cheers

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,786 posts

Introducing Mikala, Chieftain of the 2nd Tribe with his ancient power axe Kokara the Goredrinker

You'll find further information in the pictures description.

Mikala, Chieftain of the 2nd Tribe

Done by Thevampiredio of deviantart.com

Edited by Kelborn, 09 May 2016 - 08:22 AM.

Ace Debonair

Ace Debonair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,390 posts

...Ok, I'm a little puzzled. sweat.gif

So is there a new thread coming, or should I just C&C this one?ermm.gif

I only ask because I'd feel very silly indeed if I'm critiquing things you've already changed for the next version.  sweat.gif

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,786 posts

No probs.

You can c&c here.

Although I've started a separate thread in the Special Projects sub forum which will include ALL of it (Knights, Titan Legio, sector history, enemies and so on), this one will only feature the Storm Riders themselves. That's why I called the other one: Waniku chronicles. :)

Things like the extended chapter beliefs will be uploaded here as well. Put them out for the start as it would be way too much info.

Both threads are regularly updated. So if there is something, I need to change. I will adapt it in both threads. :)