Death Guard : Reaping : 2500

Charlo

Not quite true iirc

Army Selection/Force Organization Chart

Unless specified by a particular mission, all of the units which are chosen as part of the Primary and Lords of War Detachments must be from the same army list and same Faction (in the case of a Space Marine Legion, they must also have the same version of the Legiones Astartes special rule as well where this is relevant).

Fact ions in the Age of Darkness

The Factions system found in the Warhammer 4o,ooo rule book is not used in conjunction with the Battles in the Age of Darkness expansion. Instead, during the Horus Heresy there are in effect only two Factions: Loyalist and Traitor, and an army's forces must be chosen from one or the other of these (but never both). 

Out of tempest, tho I think Conquest also had this. Basically they stopped it being a campaign only thing

Ok, how about this Charlo? Uses the advice of everyone in the thread, so hopefully it'll look alright...

HQ

3 Deathshroud Terminators: melta bombs; 1 x rad grenades 155

• Land Raider Phobos

TROOPS

9 Tactical Space Marines: nuncio-vox; legion vexilla; + 1 Tactical Sergeant (artificer armour; melta bombs) 185

• Rhino

9 Tactical Space Marines: nuncio-vox; legion vexilla; + 1 Tactical Sergeant (artificer armour; melta bombs) 185

• Rhino

6 Heavy Support Marines: heavy flamers (chem-munitions); + 1 Heavy Support Sergeant (artificer armour; melta bombs; rad grenades) 200

• Rhino

HEAVY SUPPORT

4 Grave Warden Terminators: + 1 Chem-Master (Deathshroud power scythe)

• Land Raider Phobos

0-1 Artillery Tank Squadron

• 2 Medusae

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought: Aiolos missile launcher 220

LORDS OF WAR

Mortarion: The Reaping 425

2,485 points

Got some points to spare, and can easily drop some upgrades if you need more.

- Upgraded the Grave Wardens Proteus to a Phobos, giving you an Assault Transport when you need it. Otherwise move 6" and disemebark, likely putting you in range to shoot with those AGL's.

- Put a Deredeo in for anti-air, which uses all your Heavy Support slots (and getting the most out of The Reaping).

- Ran with LetsYouDown's Heavy Support Squad chem-flamer idea, as I've considered it myself! :)

- 2 10-man Tactical squads with the basics, riding in Rhinos to get them around the board. Medusae can use their nuncio-vox for accurate bombardment too.

- Rad Grenades are awesome, but won't help much on the 10-man Tacticals, so I just put them where they'll do more (Deathshroud & HSS).

Not bad, I like it. With the last 15 points you could throw some chainfists into the Grave Wardens I guess.

Grave Wardens sure do look awesome, but they fare pretty poorly vs other Legions. If you build this list and find they're not doing well enough (like, if you have no cover-camping 4+ save opponents), you could always leave them on display, swap their Phobos for a Spartan, and up your Deathshroud count. Maybe grab a rapier battery (x3 Graviton?) so you have some kind of reliable answer to heavy armor.

If only they weren't Cataphractii then they could actually use Overwatch with death cloud sad.png

If only they weren't Cataphractii then they could actually use Overwatch with death cloud :(

Oh, damn! I never thought about that! :( That makes Grave Wardens less awesome. Shame. In the Legion vs Legion meta, they're not great. But with Solar Auxila, Mechanicum and Imperialis Militia appearing more and more, I think they have a part to play:

- they can take a Spartan, doubling up the HS slot.

- they're good value - same price as Legion Termis but have the AGL's & Death Cloud

- they have an answer to 4+ saves and hordes with their weapons

- if all else fails, power fist them to death! 15 Strength 8 AP2 attacks on the charge will hurt most things!

Rapiers are awesome (if expensive). Only issue is getting firing lanes for them without Infiltrate (RG and AL excel here).

Not bad at all Caillum!

I'm both in love and adverse to the idea of the heavy flamer squads, mainly because the image in my head of a full missile squad is just the best! But obviously they could work.

I think either way my core of two raiders, two term squads and morty works, I just need to flesh out the rest. Rhino Tacs work though as I suppose I can just keep them around to score stuff.

While I'll have anti air problems, I might go for a new Leviathan dread if I can fit it with double dakka to lay down more shots. He should stay pretty uncontested and plugs the hole leaving the missile squad at home creates.

Unless I fight a really air heavy list, I'm not too bothered. Beyond a fire raptor not many flyers can totally ruin the day.

I'd rather see what I can do to everything else in thier list.

And if someone is bringing a full flyer list I just wouldn't play them :P

THERE IS ALSO A DISTINCT LACK OF CHOOM HERE TOO :(

Okay so had another stab at this...

A few less toys and a few more boys (sort of...)

Troops are Tacs in Rhinos now to cap stuff.

Rad is only where it is needed.

Nucino on the HSS.

Ceramite on both raiders that are now both assault tanks.

An extra Medusa!

+++ DG Reaping (2500pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (2500pts) ++

+ HQ (380pts) +

Deathshroud Terminator Squad (390pts) [2x Deathshroud Terminators, Melta Bombs, Rad Grenades]

····Land Raider Phobos [Armoured Ceramite, Frag Assault Launchers]

+ Troops (735pts) +

Legion Heavy Support Squad (295pts) [9x Legion Space Marines, Missile Launchers]

····Legion Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Augury Scanner, Exchange heavy weapon for a Nuncio-vox and Chainsword/Combat Blade]

Legion Tactical Squad (220pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-Vox]

····Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs]

Legion Tactical Squad (220pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-Vox]

+ Heavy Support (960pts) +

Grave Warden Terminator Squad (485pts) [Chainfist, 4x Grave Warden Terminator]

····Chem-master [Deathshroud Power Scythe]

····Land Raider Phobos [Armoured Ceramite, Frag Assault Launchers]

Legion Artillery Tank Squadron (465pts) [Legion Medusa, Legion Medusa, Legion Medusa]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [XIV: Death Guard]

+ Lord of War (425pts) +

Mortarion the Reaper (425pts)

····Master of the Legion [The Reaping]

Created with BattleScribe (http://www.battlescribe.net)

Hey man ! No Blood Angels ? :p

A few points I've noted :

1) I wouldn't take a nuncio vox on the Heavy Weapon Sergeant if you follow my point 2 ;) You already have 2 of these in your Tactical Squads for your Medusas.

2) Why the Missile Launchers on the Heavy Support Squad and not Heavy Flamers + Chem Munitions ? You're going to want to have all of your Troops working together and being not far from one another to make a solid battle line and confuse target priority. Right now you'll have 2 squads in front and one on the back.

So, what you will want in terms of objectives is not spread them out too much, and probably keep them in the midfield so that you can both press your opponent forward while not being too far from objectives. The HF + Chem Munitions will make sure that you win the infantry battle around objectives.

3) Provided you have the points, I feel it would be much better if you had 2 squads of 5 heavy support rather than 1 squad of 10. Much better target and board flexibility, especially when you're covering 2 x 10 Tactical Marines. Think of it this way : I feel that 10 men storng support/heavy support squads are meant to drive a point home to go along with 20 x 2 Tacticals to absolutely control a board zone with overkill and drowning under shots/bodies. But since you're going "MSU" (legion standard msu at least), you might want to capitalize on that with your support squads.

Good points Greybro. And nah, not until they have rules :P Maybe then this idea will be ditched.

Totally forgot I have nucinos on the Tacs, heh...

I like the missile launchers because the frags benefit from Mortys poison 4+, but really that just means wounding the same on most Marines. Plus it's a little more anti tank that I need, but I guess S8 isn't doing much to the heavier stuff.

Plus, with the scanner they can help protect the Medusas from alpha strike, pounding anything that dares land near them.

How would the flamer squads work? Try and give them Rhinos and just advance forward with the Tacs and shred everything? I suppose each Tac squad pairs with a support one. Fluffy and effective.

I can fit one ten man heavy flamer squad in a Rhino but not too 5 man in Rhinos due to the legion.

Ah yeah, true, forgot about that. In that case, I'd just split into 2 5 men heavy support squads with ML so that you have a decent firebase with the Medusas, and play this list defensively, with the Terminators intercepting stuff fo your Tactical Squads.

I think the list is pretty decent as you can blitzkrieg up the field now and apply pressure with more than just the raiders (whom I'm happy to see has armoured ceramite). I'd drop the frag assault launchers as all your guys have unwieldy so that's just points going to waste. I'm not too sure on the launchers, maybe if you want a backfield deterrent for the Medusas you can give the Devs culverins instead?  

Culverins, while awesome, are a little expensive in the tight constraints I've got. I've dropped a Medusa as 3 is probably overkill and this allows me more scoring feet on the table:

+++ DG Reaping (2500pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (2500pts) ++

+ HQ (380pts) +

Deathshroud Terminator Squad (380pts) [2x Deathshroud Terminators, Melta Bombs, Rad Grenades]

····Land Raider Phobos [Armoured Ceramite]

+ Troops (910pts) +

Legion Heavy Support Squad (205pts) [Chem-munitions, Heavy Flamers, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 5x Legion Space Marines]

····Legion Sergeant [Melta Bombs, Rad Grenades]

Legion Heavy Support Squad (265pts) [8x Legion Space Marines, Missile Launchers]

····Legion Sergeant [Augury Scanner]

+ Heavy Support (785pts) +

Grave Warden Terminator Squad (475pts) [Chainfist, 4x Grave Warden Terminator]

····Chem-master [Deathshroud Power Scythe]

····Land Raider Phobos [Armoured Ceramite]

Legion Artillery Tank Squadron (310pts) [Legion Medusa, Legion Medusa]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [XIV: Death Guard]

+ Lord of War (425pts) +

Mortarion the Reaper (425pts)

····Master of the Legion [The Reaping]

I like that list. Certainly compensates for the lack of mobility. There is one thing I am not entirely at peace with. The Heavies.

All of your list is basically AV, with just one unit that needs to deploy with line of sight and consists of a bunch of MEQ. If you face an army that is really good at murdering T value, you might lose them early on.

Having said that, if you have the first turn, this will be less of an issue.

Anyway, I like this one more than your previous incarnation. It is more tight ;) Come over to the mainland, I want to fight you with Taghmata :D

Archived