Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Nova Hawks Chapter

Nova Hawks Chapter

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 20,566 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion
This Chapter started life as the Vengeance Hawks (and you can see SCC's rendition of a librarian based on the original color scheme here). The Chapter went through some revisions over the years, with the current incarnation here. The orange/black scheme you see in the first post of that discussion has since been shifted over to the Fireclaws (my rendition of the Relictors before they got into trouble). I eventually went back to the original scheme, sort of, by replacing the grey with silver. I have a kill team in the process of being painted, as seen here. That kill team is still in progress, though coming along nicely. I won't really be able to finish it until I get the weapons sculpted (read the linked topic for details). The Liber Challenge Part Seven provided the necessary impetus to work on the background material. Unfortunately, though I had grand plans, Real Life and Other Things got in the way. I've finished something ... presentable, but it is only a fraction of what I'd hoped to have done. It will have to do for now.

Warning:  The article is in graphic format and is bandwidth-intensive. I've included thumbnails, but they link to the full size images (each over 1 Mb in size). So I don't recommend viewing this on mobile phones.

Hidden Content

Note that the images are interlaced, so if they look wrong on your screen, click the + (plus sign) so that your viewer increases them to full size.

The text version of this article can be seen here. Note that there are a few images in the article, and some of them are of substantial size, so mobile viewers might not like it.

Edited by Brother Tyler, 22 October 2015 - 11:58 AM.
Link to text version of article added.

• That Guy Matt, Doctor Perils and Kelborn like this

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_14910_14794.png

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,750 posts
  • Faction: None - I'm a fluff nerd.

Nice job!

Really enjoyed reading this. How have you done those pages? With exceptional skill in Word or is it another program?

I liked those little Grey Knight bits. Haven't thought of something like that.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Brotherhood of the Lost - The Icarion Insurrection: http://www.bolterand...od-of-the-lost/

This is my mod voice. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My mod voice is a means to an end.

Let us avoid it, alright?

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 20,566 posts
Thanks.

It's all done in Microsoft Word (it's just using columns, section breaks, and different text wrapping settings for images).

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_14910_14794.png

MikhalLeNoir

MikhalLeNoir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,729 posts
  • Faction: XIth Legion Wardens of Light
Wooooooot!!! You can do that with word? I use indesign to get something like that....damn...word has more power than I thought

Open for Comissions, just PM me. The Wardens of Light were like golden blades, cutting down their enemies scarring the darkness.

gallery_92945_11930_15891.jpeggallery_78117_10471_62812.pnggallery_92945_11930_12458.png

That Guy Matt

That Guy Matt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 500 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard
Nice work. You've clearly put plenty of thought and effort into these. I like how you've woven them into the existing lore in a believable way. The only worry I have with those kind of things is the possibility that someone at GW or BL will write something that makes my lore 'wrong', but by using a lesser established event the chances of that are very low.

You've given the Chapter a personality of their own without making it too in your face which is a tough balancing act.

Gotta ask, on the first page you use a numeral for a Legion. I don't know if it's a typo or my eyes being funny. I think it should be XIII which would be Ultramarines but it also kinda looks like XIIII which would be XIV so Death Guard. Which one is it meant to be?

The Frater formerly known as Asamodai.

gallery_70393_10089_17958.pngETL_2015_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpg

My Raven Guard 3rd Company Log

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 20,566 posts
XIIIth (13th) - Ultramarines

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 20,566 posts
Full text version with images:
Hidden Content

• The_Bloody likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users