• 1 month later...

Given the recent chatter, here is a list of the missing banners and fluff so far:

• Quote for the Iron Bears' first crunch page
  • RoW fluff for both IB RoWs
  • Banner for the Warborn
  • Banner for the Land Raider Mauler really could use some fluff other than a description of weapon systems
  • Ghost Walkers Banner
  • All the GS Banners, minus the quote banners, could use improvement (Reapers done)
  • Praeligation Powers need fluff
  • Quote Banner for Drowned's first crunch page
  • Mole Mortar description?
  • Drowned Legion Relic fluff paragraph
  • Drowned RoW fluff
  • Pelagic Monarch Banner
  • Malacost Hazard Squad Banner
  • Equerry Boraeo Banner
  • Hennasohn Banner
  • Morro Banner Quote
  • Morro Fluff Paragarph
  • Morro gear and rules all need fluff paragraphs
  • Wave Blade fluff paragraph?
  • Scion RoW fluff paragraphs
  • Diomes Banner

I do not consider this list exhaustive, fully expecting some to slip through the gaps. Some of the gear is question marked because whether or not some gear gets a fluff paragraph is somewhat arbitrary. Mainly if the gear's name is more than enough for a description or not. 

Edited by simison

“Nowhere is the union of flesh and metal so perfectly achieved as it is in the armies of Tricendia. The Iron Bears do not shackle their hearts with machine directives, but take the strength of iron and wield it with unmatched surety. We have taken our place among their Wartribes, and I would go to the ends of the Galaxy if they asked it of me.”

Lord Marshal Lokir Paesun of the 3rd Hahmpin Armoured Division

They have taken the Ngauruk Causeway and broken Scorn’s Gate. First Armoured is gone, Infantry Second through Eighth are gone. Stars’ end, nothing withstands them. Our super-heavies are no match, their striding-machines alone make cinders of our divisions. 

Our gene-hulks have been cut down. The enemy are their match in strength and so fast, fast. We haven't even managed to slow them. They strike and we unravel.

We are undone. Our arsenals are spent. Urge our soldiers, throw down their guns. To resist and invite further ruin is the greater treason - beg their mercy. Nothing is left to us.”

General Rhuj Lanur of the Olst Brigades during the VIth Legion’s Compliance action

Edited by bluntblade

Also there's a Hesh-written banner for the Pelagic Monarchs and some of Morro's wargear fluff by Blunt on page 18 of the Drowned thread.

Got the Monarchs banner, will grab the rest later.

Hesh's fluff for the Darkest before Dawn RoW

When the Drowned take to battle, they became renowned for taking to battle in a manner that allowed everything to strike at the same time, utilising heavy artillery barrages and orbital strikes to cut off enemy reinforcements along with Incendiary barrages, Line of Sight blocking smoke attacks, while grouping up to take out singular threats, while heavy infantry like Breacher designated squads or Tactical Dreadnought Armour equipped units would teleport in to distract others from assisting the chosen quarry. As the battle unfolded, enemy strongpoint after strongpoint would gradually fall as they were isolated and dismembered with a clinical brutality.

Also I've now added the MalacostHazatd Squad fluff banner in the Drowned thread.

Rewritten Rimeshatter (legion relic) fluff added.

While I don't think there's a banner quote for Morro in the Drowned thread (feel free to correct me here Blunt) there's one that may be suitable at the bottom of their wiki page if Helter agrees.

There's a quote on page 3 of the Drowned thread and at the top of their wiki page which may be suitable for them.

Edited by Beren

• 2 weeks later...

While I don't think there's a banner quote for Morro in the Drowned thread (feel free to correct me here Blunt) there's one that may be suitable at the bottom of their wiki page if Helter agrees.

There's a quote on page 3 of the Drowned thread and at the top of their wiki page which may be suitable for them.

Helter, do these quotes meet your approval?

“Nowhere is the union of flesh and metal so perfectly achieved as it is in the armies of Tricendia. The Iron Bears do not shackle their hearts with machine directives, but take the strength of iron and wield it with unmatched surety. We have taken our place among their Wartribes, and I would go to the ends of the Galaxy if they asked it of me.”
Lord Marshal Lokir Paesun of the 3rd Hahmpin Armoured Division

They have taken the Ngauruk Causeway and broken Scorn’s Gate. First Armoured is gone, Infantry Second through Eighth are gone. Stars’ end, nothing withstands them. Our super-heavies are no match, their striding-machines alone make cinders of our divisions. 

Our gene-hulks have been cut down. The enemy are their match in strength and so fast, fast. We haven't even managed to slow them. They strike and we unravel.

We are undone. Our arsenals are spent. Urge our soldiers, throw down their guns. To resist and invite further ruin is the greater treason - beg their mercy. Nothing is left to us.”
  General Rhuj Lanur of the Olst Brigades during the VIth Legion’s Compliance action

Submitted to Grifft.

• 2 weeks later...

Generic Unit Inspection

• Nemesis Consul - Already included
  • Coordinator Consul - Support its inclusion, but should this be initially limited to a few Legions? Or, in reverse, banned from certain Legions? What's our reason for having this in BotL and not in canon?
  • Legion Inductii - Recommend saving it for a later release to demonstrate the escalation of the war with an exception for the VE
  • Accipitrine Dreadnought - Given its speed, I think it might need 1-less armour value on the sides and front
  • Lucifer Dreadnought - Is this just an officer dreadnought? Or is this the centurion suit of 40k? What page is this referenced on?
  • Furibundus Dreadnought - Support, though perhaps BoU-only? What's the justification for a more widespread release?
  • Vindicator with Frag Bombard - Is this just adding a new weapon option to the canon Vindicator entry? 
  • Sabre - Again, I'm not comfortable with stealing the IA's thunder. Opposed. 
  • Hellex Plasma Mortar Tank - Just adding a new weapon option? 
  • Sarkastodon Super-heavy Tank - What's the difference between this and the Mastodon?
  • Jocasta Heavy Speeder - A flying tank? Isn't this stepping on the Custodians' toes?
  • Sonic Blaster - Rules? 
  • Sealed Bolter - Why Gets Hot?
  • Lumen Pack - Support
  • Sonic Charges - Legion-specific, does not belong on the list
  • Pressurized Armour - How would this work? Is this an upgrade everyone has to buy to play a Water-mission?
  • Vapour Gun - The description seems confusion is this is actually worthwhile...

Overall, some interesting concepts, but I'm more interested in how this would actually be executed. 

Edited by simison

Question, if the Preds got their siege breaker type bikes / units, should we include a basic version of said bike for every Legion, as well?

That would be up to the Preds and the practicality of the unit.

Answers in quote for simplicity

Generic Unit Inspection

• Nemesis Consul - Already included
  • Coordinator Consul - Support its inclusion, but should this be initially limited to a few Legions? Or, in reverse, banned from certain Legions? What's our reason for having this in BotL and not in canon?

banning it from certain legions would make sense (like BoU?). I don't think the Canon legions really ever mention integrating legion units and army units, rather they have them working more separately.

• Legion Inductii - Recommend saving it for a later release to demonstrate the escalation of the war with an exception for the VE

could there possibly still be a "recruit" style unit which isn't accelerated? I'm not sure if it would be that interesting?

• Accipitrine Dreadnought - Given its speed, I think it might need 1-less armour value on the sides and front

fair

• Lucifer Dreadnought - Is this just an officer dreadnought? Or is this the centurion suit of 40k? What page is this referenced on?

not sure of any references, but as mentioned on discord, Griff was thinking of a sort of exo-armour (hence the reference to 40k Centurions) - this would be a sort of throw back to Rogue Trader days, when dreadnoughts were piloted vehicles rather than sarcophagi

• Furibundus Dreadnought - Support, though perhaps BoU-only? What's the justification for a more widespread release?

I think that only the legions that are explicitly opposed to Destroyer type (like the Warbringers and Crimson Lions) would also be opposed to this kind of Dreadnought - on the other hand, the likes of the Dune Serpents and possibly the fire keepers (depending on the foe) would be interested in it.

• Vindicator with Frag Bombard - Is this just adding a new weapon option to the canon Vindicator entry?

yes

• Sabre - Again, I'm not comfortable with stealing the IA's thunder. Opposed.

is it in there still? The model isn't sold after all

• Hellex Plasma Mortar Tank - Just adding a new weapon option?

you mentioned being possibly opposed on the basis that the Mechanicum would probably not share this technology. To be honest, I personally agree for this one, though I think another more esoteric type of artillery should be possible

• Sarkastodon Super-heavy Tank - What's the difference between this and the Mastodon?

replace the transport capacity with extra heavy weapons, including possibly a hull mounted tank destroyer weapon?

• Jocasta Heavy Speeder - A flying tank? Isn't this stepping on the Custodians' toes?

it's renewing an old creation from the rogue trader era. I think there would be the possibility of finding a slot for one.

• Sonic Blaster - Rules?
  • Sealed Bolter - Why Gets Hot?
  • Lumen Pack - Support
  • Sonic Charges - Legion-specific, does not belong on the list
  • Pressurized Armour - How would this work? Is this an upgrade everyone has to buy to play a Water-mission?
  • Vapour Gun - The description seems confusion is this is actually worthwhile...

Overall, some interesting concepts, but I'm more interested in how this would actually be executed.

So, Grifft and I had a chat this European morning about the generic units. I have been persuaded on the Coordinator/Vilicus and the Accipitrine, along with creating an initial concept for the Lucifer. 

Now to address your points, Thorn:

• Inductii - How would you even show a midpoint between an Inductii and a regular Marine? What purpose would it serve?
  • Furibundus - Ehhhhh, okay. Any Legion that outright bans this unit though should mention the this unit as well.
  • Vindicator with Frag Bombard - Simple enough
  • Sabre - Is what still there?
  • Hellex - Glad you agree, and feel free to pitch an esoteric tank concept.
  • Sarkastodon - Viable idea, devil is going to be in the details. Also, what's with the name?
  • Jocasta - What was the fluff and rules on this unit? Why did GW drop it?

And the rest is being saved for later. 

I was thinking something like the blood claws, new recruits, with less CS and BS and no fury of the Legion (I'm not convinced either, might as well not complicate matters)

Furibundus: ok

Frag cannon/bombard: OK

Sabre: I'm not sure if there were still any rules for the sabre in IA - i think there could be a slot for it despite the existence of the new laser array Vindicator (focusing on a single strong shot rather than multiple fairly strong shots)

Hellex: I saw you discussing the Solex at one stage but can't remember what that is. Otherwise, perhaps something grav-based? I can't recall there being any large grav based weapons.

Or otherwise some kind of conversion beamer tank? (With some difference from the predator variant obviously)

Sarkatodon : I think Griff was still thinking about it

Jocasta : I think there was very little apart from a tutorial of how to build it - it comes from a time when games workshop essentially let players come up with their own house rules for everything. What happened to it? Perhaps it was seen as not grimdark enough for the 2nd edition, and it never got reintroduced.