Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

IL VIII - The Godslayers

Brotherhood Of The Lost squig Nurgle VIII Godslayers

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

Grifftofer

Grifftofer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,026 posts

I think that's fair. He's got much the same potential as before, but now his suppressing powers are potentially counter-able by an opponent. So the slight cost reduction is probably about right.

gallery_60566_6313_2021.pnggallery_92945_11930_15891.jpeg   gallery_60566_6313_2021.png

Grifftofer

Grifftofer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,026 posts

Updates from the Discord:

• Godslayer psychic Mastery Levels will all be using the discounted 15 points/level to account for their completely defensive nature and limited application (A note will need to be added to the Godslayers rule page somewhere to ensure that Librarian Consuls also get this reduced rate.
  • After some discussion Godslayer Librarians will be unchanged and have full use of their Force Weapons. The fluff behind their weapons will be unrelated to regular force weapons (WIP), but they will function identically from a rules perspective.
  • Taking all this into account Alexander has been double checked and now stands at 185 points as stated previously.

gallery_60566_6313_2021.pnggallery_92945_11930_15891.jpeg   gallery_60566_6313_2021.png

simison

simison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,594 posts
  • Faction: Halcyon Wardens, Blood Angels

With Alexander passing muster, we return to Karl Volkov. In truth, I know little of his character, except he is Zbruchan and yet another man who was with Koschei before the Emperor arrived. Crunch shows that he's one of the muggles of his legion.

And he's still incredibly pricey. Nothing has changed from last time, so he needs no revision, but I'm nervous about the average special character cost compared to the canon field. 

That means we come to the Dreamer himself. As always, Primarchs are tricky beasts since there's no such thing as a 'default' Primarch. Originally, he was compared to Roboute, but we're really trying to translate him from the Pariah to the Psyker system. Just adding up all of the points from the Pariah stuff comes to a total of 60 points. 

Like Alexander K., Koschei wields no Force weapon so skips the Force debate. That also means it's purely calculating the mastery levels. Four levels with the discount is... 60 points. Huh, go figure.

Unlike last time I did a full run, Koschei has grenades, but that was addressed in a couple of posts later. It was determined that Koschei would have grenades and be priced at a flat 100 points given the Lorgar calculation. 

So, really, the only debate is what powers should Koschei have. Grifft has given him Empyreal Shield (4++ against psychic powers), Nullification Field (Ranged DtW), Quiet the Tempest (Psyker has to reroll a successful manifestation roll), Rend the Veil (+2 to Perils roll), and the Invisible Weight (+1 to manifestation rolls). 

I have no issues with these choices. This all means that Koschei simply needs to be approved by Blind for the Godslayers to be completed. Blind?

Project Leader of the Brotherhood of the Lost

The Second Son: Narrative of the BOTL Vth Legion Primarch

Brotherhood of the Lost has arrived on Patreon

gallery_92945_11930_24196.png

TheBlindPrimarch

TheBlindPrimarch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 652 posts
  • Faction: The Paladins of Midterra
My approval is given

Creator of the Paladins of Midterra- A Second Legion Project(Link above)

Project Lead for the War of Light Alternate Universe Project-Link

Writer for the Brotherhood of the Lost Alternative Heresy Project-Link

Creator of the Vasalius 1st Terra Heredes Imperial Auxilla-Link

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Brotherhood Of The Lost, squig, Nurgle, VIII, Godslayers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users