Stepper's Sons of Horus

stepper

The word Mournival, according to the Iterator Memed, was drawn from the ancient Franc language of Terra and referred to a hand during a card game that included one of each of the four face cards, which was usually a winning hand.

This is the start of my SoH warband/army. Horus is firmly in the grip of Chaos so this force will represent the XVI legion well after the Istvaan Massacre.

My first port of call will be the famed Mournival but with a twist, all four members will focus on one of the four Major Gods.

I started and finished the Slaaneshi member, whom i yet have to name.....

med_gallery_68067_11412_51117.jpeg

med_gallery_68067_11412_7385.jpeg

I'm now working on the Khornate member and will post a wip of him soon.

Thanks for looking, c&c appreciated.

For the Warmaster!!!!

Stepper

Haven't seen many Sons of Horus so clearly corrupted before. A fine looking conversion and nice and crisp painting aswell! The rest of them will be interesting to see. thumbsup.gif

Greetings Brothers,

A rough wip of my Khornate member of the Mournival

med_gallery_68067_11412_47094.jpeg

Still needs a bit of cleanup, mouldlines, bolter needs to be drilled out etc

As with the Slaaneshi member i wanted to show some mutation but not ott, so in this case just a single leg is mutating.

C&c appreciated and thanks for looking ofc

For the Warmaster!

First of all i would like to thank you my brothers for the kind comments

While working on my Khornate member of the mournival, i had a flash of inspiration and after about and hour worth off work im proud to present the Tzeench member, still very much wip, need to fill some gaps and add a loincloth on the front.

med_gallery_68067_11412_70492.jpeg

med_gallery_68067_11412_9217.jpeg

With the Tzeench member i wanted more mutations showing as his patron is the Lord of Change after all

And because i really wanted to paint something aswell i dedicated an old Mechanicum conversion to the warmasters cause

Still need to highlight the cloak and add some rust to the metal parts, but he should be finished before the weekend

med_gallery_68067_11412_5970.jpeg

med_gallery_68067_11412_95237.jpeg

The "bottom" part will be in the same color as my power armour to blend in with the SoH theme, although it will be much darker.

Let me know what you think and thanks for watching.

For the Warmaster!

Mechanicum adept done :D

med_gallery_68067_11412_95077.jpg

med_gallery_68067_11412_169656.jpg

I'll try to get some better pictures tomorrow, but these will do for now.

Thnx for watching, c&c appreciated.....

For the Warmaster!

These are some fine looking SoH. I especially like the Khornate member of the mournival(out of curiosity, is that Kharns arm you've given him?)

Yup it's Khârn's arm, i still have 2 of the old metal models with one missing an arm now :D

The Tzeentchian member is pretty darn cool! I like and I am equally creeped out by his chicken legs.

Thnx, that's the feeling i wanted to get across

As for the khornate member, i've been thinking to swap the boltpistol with a plasmapistol, so i can use him as a stand in Khârn for 40k games, what do you think my brothers?

For the Warmaster!

Looks good! I like the mix up of bits and parts. You are braver than I as I'm too wussy to cut up one of my DA chaos marines. That's where the right leg is from, right?

What did you use for the parchment?

Yup the leg is from one of the chosen ones from the Dark Vengeance set.

The parchment is very simple, just a cut up can of Red Bull Light (although i'm sure you can use a regular Reb Bull aswell msn-wink.gif) made into strips, superglued to the Marine and then some liquid green stuff for some texture.

For the Warmaster!

Looks good! I like the mix up of bits and parts. You are braver than I as I'm too wussy to cut up one of my DA chaos marines. That's where the right leg is from, right?

What did you use for the parchment?

Yup the leg is from one of the chosen ones from the Dark Vengeance set.

The parchment is very simple, just a cut up can of Red Bull Light (although i sure you can use a regular Reb Bull aswell msn-wink.gif) made into strips, superglued to the Marine and then some liquid green stuff for some texture.

For the Warmaster!

Thanks! Now I know what to do before recycling my next can of Red Bull Tropical!

Hail Brothers,

Look what i found :-D this is an old project of mine, but i think he could serve as the 4th and final member of my Mournival.

med_gallery_68067_11412_40282.jpeg

med_gallery_68067_11412_344217.jpeg

Needs a new base and some greenstuff, but i really love the vibe of this model.

Should i use this one, or model a new servant of Nurgle??? Let me know what u think

As always thanks for looking

For the Warmaster!

I quite like him! Quite different from the others in terms of corruption but he could definitely work. I'd say that you should paint him up and see, a nice paintjob should make him fit with the others and if he doesn't feel right for that role when you finished him then you will still have a cool champion for another unit. thumbsup.gif

Archived