How to field Repentia- Help!

I have 6 repentia and a mistress of repentance in the mail from GW. I was thinking of giving them a priest and a rhino (or possibly a stormraven with BA allies). The priest is really only for the re-roll to hit on the charge, but for 25 points I would think it's worth it. Any thoughts from more experienced players? Thanks!

The idea is to go big or go home with repentia. Six in most games will die before they are useful so you have to max out the squad.

Priests are good on them but remember that repentia lose fleet if he joins, which means foot slogging becomes that much more dangerous.

And putting them in a transport thats ours means they can't assault out of it.

Generally you play them with an allied transport so they can zoom up and assault with protection within an assault vehicle, otherwise if you are foot slogging you need to use terrain to your advantage and make your way up the board strategically.

The priest is also good for his 4++ and adding potentially another eviscerator, although he's an expensive way to do that.

Stormraven would be the best thing to couple them with for the assault vehicle goodness.

I don't feel like the Stormraven is as good a choice as the Landraider for an assault vehicle, purely because it might mean that your Repentia don't get to assault until turn 5.

Like Katya said, Repentia need a lot of points investment to work, though naked (if you'll pardon the pun) they work best as counter assault.

The setups I have had success from are:

10 Repentia with Uriah Jacobus (must be warlord).  This helps because you re-roll your 5++ saves in assault, as well as to hit rolls and you got your 3+ FNP on top of that.  You last long enough to swing back.  This runs on foot and though it loses fleet, its usually alright.  Run it in the open though (can still use Line of sight blockers, but you don't want to be slowed down).

Landraider Redeemer with priest and litanies of faith.   Drive it straight at the scariest unit you want to kill, pretty straight forward.

For slightly more points, do the above and add a Master of the forge/Techmarine with Servo Harness and storm shield (even better as Iron Hands).  He works as a tank on the charge, and he's re-rolling his own saves too.  Plus he can regain wounds and fix the Landraider as it moves around.  It gives the unit a lot more staying power.

Obviously, most of these options need other strong threats in your army list to work.

Ok. Looks like I'll have to look into getting 3 more so I can max out the squad. Drop the rhino and use a stormraven if I'm playing allies. I can't stand failing charges so drop the priest. If I am running allies my only land raider is probably holding Corbulo a priest and assault terminators.

As a blood angels player I'm a little dubious of foot slogging cc units, but I can see how that's the best option. (Also, no master of the forge, and a Techmarine is an HQ) I was just going to drive them up the field and charge after their transport gets popped. (Or is that not allowed I don't actually know... ) but it looks like this isn't a good idea anyway

Honestly, it's because they work best as a reactionary force; dealing with bold,scary opponents who approach your battle line, that makes the Rhino idea fall flat.  They can get out, but then they are completely helpless, and unlike Marines who can whether the enemy shooting, even a few lasguns can wipe a Repentia squad at close range.

Again, it can work, if you have enough other units to draw attention, but if you're doing that anyway, might as well just keep them on foot so you can charge when you like.

• 4 weeks later...

I would hesitate to drop the priest as he, very cheaply, adds the zealot rerolls in the first round of CC and more importantly since we have evicerators, can guarantee reroll of the invuln...which is better if you took Battle Santa...I mean jacobus

I love my land raider, but it rarely survives past the first or second enemy shooting phase. I only bring it to get my assault termis and Corbulo as close as I can before it blows up (as it always does)

Edit: sorry, forgot I wasn't in the blood Angels forum, but you know what I mean. I think I will try putting repentia in my crusader because it's a similar idea to the terminators but the transport is even more valuable

That being said, I generally prefer to play a single codex, so I need to be prepared to foot slog the repentia. I'm working on getting a full squad of them.

Just remembered that I started this thread...

Thanks for the help everyone, I really appreciate it! (This reads as sarcastic as I type it, but I am sincerely grateful)

I feel that counter-assault is irrelevant in this day and age of Jetbikes, Tau and Bikes. Land Raider seems to be the best option for aggressive play... right to the point where it gets 1-shotted by a stray D shot. Still, Land Raiders FTW msn-wink.gif

I'm putting this down to meta-differences, since I still see prominent use of Thunderwolf cavalry, Wraithknights, Scorpions, Imperial Knights, Wraiths, Grey Knights (lots of Wraiths and knights in this list) also a resurgence of Dreadnoughts and then there's practically entire armies such as Tyranids, Dark Eldar, Orks and Blood Angels who want to get stuck in.

No Templars, though, strangely.

Archived