REF LOC - Map of the Galaxy

Grifftofer

Ok. In order to not distract from other important topics I thought I would make a thread for working on the map. This is where I will post updates, but also where I'd like people to comment if they have suggestions for alterations or if I screwed up and put your Home planet in the wrong Segmentum. I would also like to get names for important locations, either for the Great Crusade or for the Insurrection itself. It's a lot of work reading back through the many threads we have here so if you could help me by putting a list of important locations for your faction in here I'd be very appreciative. If you could give me a rough idea for location too that would be great

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn171/Grifftofer/Map%20Attempt_zps53guetdh.jpg

This is where we stand to start with. I used the info that you gave to simison to try and put all the homeworlds in roughly the right places, for those that gave locations. If it doesn't look right tell me and I'll try and move you to the right place. Where places seem to be located in different locations depending on source (Stygies & Gryphonne at least) I've used the FW location.

Cognomen - Primarch - Homeworld

Lightning Bearers - Icarion Anasem - Madrigal

Space Wolves - Leman Russ - Fenris

Crimson Lions - Hectarion Mycenor - Mycenae

Void Eagles - Yucahu - Coabanna

Halcyon Wardens - Alexandros Von Salim - Delos

Iron Bears - Daer'dd Niimkiika - Huron

Berserkers of Uran - Raktra - Uran

Godslayers - Koschei - Zbruch

Warbringers - Kozja Darzalas - Strela

Fire Keepers - Niklaas - Obsailes

Thousand Sons - Magnus - Prospero

Wardens of Light - Gwalchavad - Caerbannog

Eagle Warriors - Alexos Travier - Mexicatii Prime

Dune Serpents - Azus - Dhul'hasa

Grave Stalkers - K'awil Pakal - Kabyieb

The Drowned - Sorrowsworn Morro - Styx

Warriors of Peace - Jade General - Han

Stygian Jackals - Wilym Jackel - Fugion

Scions Hospitalier - Pionus Santor - Iona

Ghost Walkers - Coch'ise - Teutoberge

Edited by Lord Thørn

Okay, now that I'm not looking at this from my phone, it's a lot different than the map I was using. Could you also link homeworld to legion in the description? I'm still learning the names. 

The Mexicatii system (Home of the Eagle Warriors) is positioned in the very very very top of the obscurus system, to the furthest left, kinda in the void really. A very lone system. And Xandra is placed right next to the ghoul stars (Main forge planet of the Cognis)

Looks good, Sarum is well placed, but it is geographically above (on the map) the Maelstrom. Madrigal should on the northeast boarder of the Maelstrom, between it and the galactic core.

So a good way to judge that location (going off your map), would be to draw a straight line to Sarum from Madrigal (where it is now). Have that line go through Sarum half again as far and that is where Madrigal would be.

Cool. have updated the first post with Legion, Primarch and Homeworld info. Will look to add planets and move things around in the morning :smile.:

You're an invaluable part of this project, Grifft.

Yeah. Caerbannog is exactly there.located where the lost son is found. Great work here;)

And fun thing is, that nobody has grabbed the same spot.

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Yeah. I was initially a little worried that people might want to be in the same areas, so we'd get a cluster effect going on. But it seems like we're reasonable spread out. Pacificus seems a little empty, but it would be, due to the lower density of stars.

Anyways. I've updated the first post with the extra locations. Does anyone want to put Exemplary battle locations on here too? There's probably enough space for a couple at least. Either that and/or we could put down the ambush locations for the opening of the Insurrection.

Yep. If you have important planets that won't be on top of one another I'll add them. I won't guarantee all will stay for the final version, as some editing my be required to avoid it potentially becoming too cluttered. However I won't be biased in favour or against Legion assets, intentionally at least.

Ultma Segmentum for Styx, perhaps 10 hexes 'north' of Madrigal. Seems like a good place that the Lightning Bearers and Wolves could be operating in at the time he was found. There is a dark 'void' between the Star clusters around that point. Somewhere in there seems kinda give good placements.

I will second third and fourth all comments regarding the brilliance and effort you have gone to. I cannot remember if I ever thabked you for the pdfs you sent over, but these look absolutely incredible.

Ok, updated again. I added Nox in southern Ultima as it felt like there should be more in that due to star cluster density. If you hadn't given me the option though I wouldn't have done so.

Also Hesh you are quite welcome. Thank you everyone for all your supportive comments. It's very affirming to have such positive feedback. Now if only I could channel some of my enthusiasm into my writing :P

Also Hesh you are quite welcome. Thank you everyone for all your supportive comments. It's very affirming to have such positive feedback. Now if only I could channel some of my enthusiasm into my writing :tongue.:

Don't worry we have minions for that boring work. *raises hand*

Also Hesh you are quite welcome. Thank you everyone for all your supportive comments. It's very affirming to have such positive feedback. Now if only I could channel some of my enthusiasm into my writing :tongue.:

Don't worry we have minions for that boring work. *raises hand*

I may well take you up on that offer simison.

Hey ho, I hile reading to betrayal once more. I would move the position of caerbannog a little mkre the the fronter line of the void. Just a little si that the planet is exactly on the forth line of the fronter lines left. Edited by MikhalLeNoir

I wasn't planning on it specifically. Though I could potentially mark down the domains/empires of specific legions/factions with map labels. So it wouldn't have defined borders, more of a this general area is the domain of the Crimson Lions. It's something I can add in for now, but I suspect they would be relatively low on the scale of importance so would be removed first if I need the space.