REF LOC - Map of the Galaxy

Grifftofer

The Steel Legion's Homeworld, Saepio, needs to be placed, I believe we discussed on the Discord it was roughly halfway between Huron and Forgeworld Lucius and slightly north toward the dotted border of the Segmentum:

NUcvdBJ.jpg

Sim determined that meant it would fall just inside the boundary of Segmentum Lamia, but more importantly that it would overlap with the Coronid Prohibition Zone, we brainstormed and worked out that Saepio exists in a stable pocket of space inside the Zone akin to the Maw Installation in Star Wars with only a precious handful of safe routes in-and-out. Given Saepio's backstory as a secret DAoT research base, placing it in such an isolated and difficult to access area of space made a great deal of sense.

Why exactly did we split Ultima again?

Do we want it to cover Knight worlds, as well?

By the way, Blunt, you once mentioned something about where Kaijo and thus Yamatar should be placed. Where was it again?

Why exactly did we split Ultima again?

If I recall correctly it was because not only did our Great Crusade go on for longer and therefore expanded farther than in the canon but there was no 500 Worlds of Ultramar or other great bastion of administration to oversee an Ultima Segmentum of the size we see in canon, so it made more sense to divide some of that immense length of territory into more manageably-sized pieces, hence Segmentum Lamia & Atlantica are formed.

I'd say east just to hammer home the japanese theme "Land of the rising sun"; that being said, its not really all that true on a galactic scale but hey! Its poetic I feel.

How about east of Iona, in between that warpstorm and the lettering of "Segmentum Tempestus". Eastern enough for the "rising sun" theme and right next to a warpstorm, making them potential wardens of said anomaly.

One might also create some Kamikaze events in which a great threat for Yamatar was fend of by nature. In this case, a potential enemy fleet devoured by the unstable warp. Or something like this.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...