REF LOC - Map of the Galaxy

Grifftofer

Ok. The map has been updated again. I think I've moved Caebannog in the direction you wanted me too Mikhal, but if not I'll shift it again until its right.

Also for those who don't know where they want their planets to be I've put the map on a black background without any labels to distract so that you can just see where the current planets actually are. It might also be helpful if we decide to add other planets in later, even if not it took about 2 seconds to do :tongue.:

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn171/Grifftofer/Planet%20Distribution_zpsoqs4ei6b.jpg

• 1 month later...

Since this is loosely map-related, I'm throwing in the Terran areas that the legions are connected to. 

Crimson Lions: Albyon (Yorkshyr)/Nord tribes

Void Eagles: Northern India, sub-orbital & atmospheric plates

Halcyon Wardens: Jermani, northern Europe. Involved in the Albyon Campaign/Battle of Three Flags on Nordafrik Conclaves

Iron Bears: Nord Merika

Berserkers of Uran: Sudafrik 

Godslayers: Nord Merik (Canada)

Eagle Warriors: Nord Merik (Mexico)

Warbringers:  Panslavjan Bloc (future Yugoslavia and general eastern Europa, bordering Ursh).

Stygian Jackels: Australasia region

Scions Hospitaller: Panpacific former colonies

Edited by simison

• 2 weeks later...

Located in the north west of the Imperium, the empire of Mycenae is a large realm ruled over by the III legion, the Crimson Lions. Founded in the year 832.M30, just 4 years after the primarch Hectarion was found. The founding of this empire was triggered the the rebellion of the world of Hyraka. Seeing that, unless something was done, more rebellions would occur and gradually rip apart the Imperium, the primarch took it upon himself and his legion to prevent this from happening. So it was that he began to create the empire of Mycenae, a vast realm stretching across more than three hundred worlds and ruled over by the astartes of the Crimson Lions. As the empire grew, Hectarion formed the empire into multiple different Tiarniaid's, vast stretches of space ruled over by a Tiarnos, an individual selected from amongst the ranks of the Crimson Lions to rule over the Tiarniaid in the name of his primarch. At present, the current Tiarni are as follows:
Madros Caratacal, Tiarnos of the Geraia cluster. Known as the adamantium lord, Caratacal rules over a cluster of nearly 100 worlds, among which number nearly 13 forge worlds.
Myrvallen Seronos of Clan Briganda, Tiarnos of the Hariak cluster.
Myrvallen Hothor of Clan Aksar, Tiarnos of the Cadian gate. A grim and unsmiling man, Hothor is a Terran marine of great renown, Achilos, an emissary of the Halycon Wardens, is known to have stated that Hothor would break before he bent. These qualities make him ideal for watching over the unstable region of space known as the Cadian gate.
Myrvallen Vellocatos of Clan Senonos, Tiarnos of the Variala cluster.
Myrvallen Venutius of Clan Garda, Tiarnos of the Jurana cluster.
Myrvallen Belonos of Clan Atrebetos, Tiarnos of the Algarda cluster.
Myrvallen Tincomos of Clan Ikenos, Tiarnos of the Atharha cluster.

Edited by Sigismund229

Located in the north west of the Imperium, the empire of Mycenae is a large realm ruled over by the III legion, the Crimson Lions. Founded in the year 832.M30, just 4 years after the primarch Hectarion was found. The founding of this empire was triggered the the rebellion of the world of Hyraka. Seeing that, unless something was done, more rebellions would occur and gradually rip apart the Imperium, the primarch took it upon himself and his legion to prevent this from happening. So it was that he began to create the empire of Mycenae, a vast realm stretching across more than a thousand worlds and ruled over by the astartes of the Crimson Lions. As the empire grew, Hectarion formed the empire into multiple different Tiarniaid's, vast stretches of space ruled over by a Tiarnos, an individual selected from amongst the ranks of the Crimson Lions to rule over the Tiarniaid in the name of his primarch. At present, the current Tiarni are as follows:

Madros Caratacal, Tiarnos of the Geraia cluster. Known as the adamantium lord, Caratacal rules over a cluster of nearly 100 worlds, among which number nearly 13 forge worlds.

Myrvallen Seronos of Clan Briganda, Tiarnos of the Hariak cluster.

Myrvallen Hothor of Clan Aksar, Tiarnos of the Cadian gate. A grim and unsmiling man, Hothor is a Terran marine of great renown, Achilos, an emissary of the Halycon Wardens, is known to have stated that Hothor would break before he bent. These qualities make him ideal for watching over the unstable region of space known as the Cadian gate.

Myrvallen Vellocatos of Clan Senonos, Tiarnos of the Variala cluster.

Myrvallen Venutius of Clan Garda, Tiarnos of the Jurana cluster.

Myrvallen Belonos of Clan Atrebetos, Tiarnos of the Algarda cluster.

Myrvallen Tincomos of Clan Ikenos, Tiarnos of the Atharha cluster.

A lot of this is cool, but I think that your empire being twice as large as Ultramar in its heyday smacks of Special Snowflakeism. I don't mean to be nasty, but more than a thousand worlds is a bit too much, especially when thinking that Hectarion (to me) seems more like the Warrior Primarchs, whereas Roboute is more of the Administrator.

Also, saying that "Hothor will break before he bends" is far from being a compliment: it means he is brittle, so even if he is stronger then most a lot of the time, in times of great stress, he will no doubt fare more poorly. What's more, the limit at which he breaks can be unpredictable, meaning that he himself is unpredictable, but in a bad way.

In terms of formatting, I'd recommend using a list with bullet points so that the different Myrvalli are more easily distinguishable.

Thanks for the advice Lord Thorn, and if anything I write has elements of special snowflakeism, please do point it out so that I can try to amend it. 

So does around 300 worlds sound like a better number given that it probably ought to be smaller than Ultramar?

And for Hothor what I meant was that he would break before he gave way which, given that he's Tairnos of a region prone to demonic incursions and would therefore need a great deal of determination.

Edited by Sigismund229

Thanks for the advice Lord Thorn, and if anything I write has elements of special snowflakeism, please do point it out so that I can try to amend it.

So does around 300 worlds sound like a better number given that it probably ought to be smaller than Ultramar?

And for Hothor what I meant was that he would break before he gave way which, given that he's Tairnos of a region prone to demonic incursions and would therefore need a great deal of determination.

I think even that is beyond reasonable for a fighter primarch. 175~200 tops. And thats still way beyond what primarch should be able to control while in a heresy...

Well. As i think 1000 worlds are too much I don't understand why a fightiers primarch can't conquer about 300 planets and rule them through stewards. I mean just look into our history. What Alex the great conquered and held, dshingis khan, gengis khan. They all started as fighters.

And i think the worlds were conquered before the heresy.

Only because Hectarion is a formidable fighter doesn't mean he is incapable of ruling a little empire of his own.especially if he has guys he know he can trust to give the job of organizing and administrating.

I think even that is beyond reasonable for a fighter primarch. 175~200 tops. And thats still way beyond what primarch should be able to control while in a heresy...

Hec is more than just a fighter. He is known to be a capable administrator, not brilliant like Roboute by any means, but he, like any primarch, is capable of managing an empire, especially if, as Mikhal says, he has men he can trust that he can delegate to.

I tend to agree with AO, try to keep the number in in the low 100's.

Most cannon legions, have a few worlds, some have small empires like the Fists and the Thousand sons, but the 500 worlds was exceptional, even saying your empire was half as large as Ultramar is a big stretch for a Primarch thats not in the same organizational class as Guilliman.

I know a lot of the Lost Primarchs in this project have their own small empires, and that is already not a great thing. But since that is what people want, I think it would be best to keep the individual fiefdoms small, 75-150 worlds. Anything more, and the great crusade wouldn't be about building the imperium, but about expanding a Primarchs petty empire.

Ok. Finally got round to putting Molech onto the map. Also added Uran too. If either look wrong please tell me.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn171/Grifftofer/Map%20Attempt_zps53guetdh.jpg

Sorry it's taken me so long to get to this. I've managed to get myself involved in a couple of other projects over the last month so my time has been at a premium and advancement and BotL stuff has suffered slightly due to that. I hope to remedy that a little over the next few weeks.

Edited by Grifftofer