2000 Raven Guard, Decapitating strike ROW

Kingofmottinos

Hi to everyone! I've just completed my salamanders army and I want to start a Raven guard one. I've started Horus Heresy with RG but I really couldn't play it decently, so I switched into the salamanders and I really enjoyed playing them so far. Recently I studied a lot of tactics for the Raven Guard and I think I'm starting to understand how this legion works. At the beginning of 2016 there will be a new book with two new ROWs for every legion ad some adjustments to the cost of some units, so this list will surely change after that, but I want to post this anyway just to give you the idea of what I have in mind for my army. This is the list I've come up with:

HQ
Alvarex Maun + cameleoline 145 (ROW: Decapitating Strike)
Primus Medicae cataphractii terminator + chainfist 130 (in darkwing)

TROOPS
20 tac 250
10 tac 150

ELITES
5 Mor deythan + 5 combi-plasma 160 in Drop pod 35
5 Mor deythan + 5 combi-plasma 160 in Drop pod 35
Dreadnought talon + twin-linked laser + Chainfist + meltagun 220 in Dreadnought drop pod 65
5 cataphractii terminators + 5 fists 200 (in darkwing)

FAST ATTACKS
Darkwing 275
5 dark fury 175

The idea behind this list is this:
Turn 1, Alvarex is deployed with the 20 tacs in the best spot so that the first two drop pods can land wherever I want: which ones depends on what I have to get rid of as fast as possible. If I need to kill some infantry or crack something that isn't a land raider or a spartan the mor deythan squads are perfect, since they can shoot 10 hits S7 AP2 rending on 5+ against the rear (melta gun is useless in this scenario since every vehicle that can take ceramite is either something that can jink or a land raider/spartan). If there's something nastier, there will be 1 mor deythan squad and the dreadnought, which can crack anything he finds on his way with his chainfist, hoping that he survives one turn while he shoots with the laser. On turn 2 the last drop pod arrives and hopefully the darkwing too, providing some support for the units already deployed. Also the dark furies hopefully can deep strike relatively far from enemy fire and protected by 5+ cover. My plan is to detatch Alvarex from the 20 tacs and making him join the dark furies, providing them with a 4+ cover save. On turn 3, alvarex detatches again from the dark furies that can assault anything with a power armour, while the darkwing disembarks the terminators with the primus medicae: they can either crack a heavy vehicle with s10 fists and the medicae's chainfist thanks to Furious Charge or pick up the fight against the heavier troops.

My only two doubts are:
Can I take the dreadnought and embark it in the dreadnought pod?
Should I take a storm eagle over the darkwing?

Big issue with the list is that Mor Deythan cannot take Drop Pods under Decapitation Strike, only Orbital Assault.

That's quite a problem but I think I can fix it by dropping the three drop pods (sorry for that XD) and simply infiltrating the mor deythan. I could use 105 pts. to buy a dreadclaw for the contemptor... question is: can the contemptor get inside the dreadclaw? I've searched across forums and no one knows how this works out... i've seen someone build a list with a contemptor emarked on a dread claw and no one said a thing about it. So I could embark it either on a dreadclaw, or in a dreadnought drop pod. If I choose the drop pod I can use some spare points to buy 2 more dark furies and give some melta bombs to some of my other squads.

Read this that I just said in another thread:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/315539-2500-points-rg-because-in-greedy/?p=4214756

Combi-plasmas are already hitting on 2's and AP2. Yeah, helps with Get's Hot, but trust me - combi-flamers will work better. Also works with 6 guys with 2 meltaguns/plasma guns and 4 combi-flamers for versatility. And swapping the Drop Pods for Rhinos is free!

Yes, Contemptors can ride in Dreadclaws - just look at Orbital Assault. But Dreadnought Drop Pods are fine, and cheaper. And as I said in the other thread, graviton guns. :)

I like your dreadnought, but I'd like to keep one mor deythan squad with plasmas, because they can take out even a spartan potentially (S7 + D6 + D3 thanks to rending with fatal strike = S16), so they can adapt either to heavy infantry or to vehicles. What do you think about this?

HQ

Alvarex Maun + cameleoline 145

Primus Medicae cataphractii terminator + chainfist 130 (in darkwing)

TROOPS

20 tac 250

10 tac 150

ELITES

5 Mor deythan + 5 combi-plasma 160 in Rhino 35

5 Mor deythan + 4 combi-flamer + flamer + melta bomb 168 in Rhino 35

Dreadnought talon + 2 CC weapon + 2 grav guns 205 in Dreadnought drop pod 65

5 cataphractii terminators + 4 fists + chainfist on sergeant 205 (in darkwing)

FAST ATTACKS

Darkwing 275

5 dark fury 175

Archived