It's no secret anymore that I will be getting the Betrayal at Calth kit, that I will be tossing in the game in a corner (perhaps I'll get some meeples for it at some point) and basically using it to jumpstart a Horus Heresy force, and that I have decided to paint them as Salamanders. It's going to be a while before I can actually make any progress, of course, but I am eagerly looking forward to it! In any case, I thought I'd go ahead and start a thread for the project.
At present, all I've got to post about is the models I either own or have coming to me... so here it is.
- 1 Box of Betrayal at Calth (including 30 marines, 5 terminators, one HQ in terminator armor, and one HQ in power/artificer armor, and one contemptor dreadnought)
- 2 more contemptor dreadnoughts (for a "full" talon!)
- 1 Heresy-era rhino
- 30 salamanders shoulder pads from Forgeworld
- 1 legion glaive special weapons tank (technically it's partly painted for my Blood Angels... but it'll fit better in 30k anyway)
- 1 storm eagle gunship (also originally acquired for my Blood Angels... but they've got a stormraven).
I'm excited to get started!