Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Darkness Inside: BRUTAL

VIII XX

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

Larkyn

Larkyn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,014 posts

KFbtqf.png

n71u94.jpg

a0aWJh.jpg

First Claw, 100th Company:

iucymc.jpg

Sergeant Gabriel Monash, First Claw:

dx7BLJ.jpg

Marek Vanya, with a bit more work done:

igCsbV.jpg

Keten Xasalamel, Master of Terror (Counts-as Khârn):

9uTyBW.jpg

7kDMaB.jpg

GccHWd.jpg

lwio85.jpg

Edited by Larkyn, 31 January 2016 - 04:11 AM.

Formerly TheWarmaster.

Quixus

Quixus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,978 posts

The mini-DP looks great.

Chandrian

Chandrian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 306 posts

Keep it up Larkyn! thumbsup.gif  These guys look great!

Works In Progress 

Nostraman_zpsf4be09e4.png   3nlK9nQ.png

Larkyn

Larkyn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,014 posts

Thanks guys! The Raptors and Khârn will be getting a coat of primer tonight as I wait for Fallout 4 to install. I can't wait to get the Betrayal at Calth box, then this project will really soar.

I should probably explain this, as I'm not sure most will get it. I am pouring all of my inner darkness into this project. All of my depression and anxiety, all of my destructive thoughts will be put into fluff and converting of models. Except some dark moments. Expect more depressive darkness quotes. But, as I'm told, it'll be good for me to have an outlet somewhere. The collective Bolter and Chainsword community will become my new therapists.

Ave Dominus Nox!

Formerly TheWarmaster.

Larkyn

Larkyn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,014 posts

m5y6M0.jpg

sXCAgk.jpg

So this is where I die?

"A mighty fortress" the Prophet told me. Here, before me, stands the mightiest bastion the False Emperor's forces have built.

Cadia.

If this is where I die, so be it. Ten-thousand years of life has been long enough.

I want the end. I want the end to this eternal suffering. I want the kiss of death upon me.

If you have done just half the deeds that I have, you too would want an end to this.

If you are in the constant pain I am in, you too would want an end to this.

Who am I, you ask? I am Marek Vanya, former captain of the Hundredth Company, Eighth Legion, now warband leader of the Bloody Centuria. Host to a daemonic entity for longer than I care to remember, and one of the fabled "Four Kings".

Death can claim me whenever it wants, I will not fight it. My destiny is set, my fate cast.

Death to the False Emperor!

Work is continuing on both versions of Marek Vanya.

Zg7I1K.jpg

vI88mF.jpg

ByPAuo.jpg

iFKYNG.jpg

OBNQwY.jpg

And here's another little teaser too:

5f1GCl.jpg

Formerly TheWarmaster.

Larkyn

Larkyn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,014 posts

Let the Galaxy burn.

q8NqCR.jpg

Formerly TheWarmaster.

Larkyn

Larkyn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,014 posts

Landing ungracefully on the corpse of a long-dead Space Marine, Chieftain Kirabo Myrddin propelled himself forward once again on jets of fire and smoke. Called the Bloody Jackal by his men, he lived in combat, constantly wading through the thickest of fighting with his trademark gladius and chainaxe combination.

The Bloody Jackal launched himself at another group of Guardsmen, their lasguns pouring fire into him, but doing only superficial damage. Chainaxe roared, and gladius cut and stabbed. Dismembered bodies flew in all directions.

Blood. That sweet scent, oh, it sings to me. His head was pounding. He needed more blood.

He was bathed in blood, his once grey and black power armour now stained a grisly red with gore. The peltcloak of the creature that gave him his name, now a blood-soaked ruin, with gore clinging to every hair.

Blood. More blood. Need. More. Blood. It's enough to make a man sick.

In the hours when the savage need for blood wasn't foremost in his mind, he had moments of extreme clarity. He realizes just how far he has fallen, in ten-thousand years real-time, the galaxy is full of changes. Why should he not change with the times?

To go from an honourable battle-leader, to bloodthirsty madman...He doesn't care.

It doesn't matter. Let the blood come.

YhTT3W.jpg

6aNelN.jpg

NDqDhf.jpg

Yf7nN6.jpg

VzIJlr.jpg

Formerly TheWarmaster.

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,189 posts

Very nice stuff, very dynamically posing too which I really like.

TRUESCALE SPACE MARINE TUTORIAL

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Spoiler

helterskelter

helterskelter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,473 posts
Oh definitely yes. Lovely models and fluff! The most recent addition looks awesome
gallery_48988_10980_7442.png

My referal code for eternal crusade:EC-MHXKY9RLYIIEH

Kyknos of Athena

Kyknos of Athena

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 715 posts

YhTT3W.jpg

6aNelN.jpg

NDqDhf.jpg

Yf7nN6.jpg

VzIJlr.jpg

I think some of your models look interesting, but too me personally you took a little parts of too many different kits for them to be "proper" Night Lords.

I guess you adapted your models to the Night Lords of Aaron Dembski-Bowden triology, which plundered a lot of other (loyal and traitor) marines to keep their armours functioning, which is a fine idea actually, but I think you overdo it a little. Maybe I change my mind again, if I see them painted.

I`ve got a question, where did you get that ``lion head helmet` (in lack of a better word). Is this a GW- piece?

* Edit: I meant the head of the unpainted marine on the right in the first picture.

Edited by LordVelype, 28 November 2015 - 08:26 PM.

formerly: LordVelype

"I am starting to find you rather hot, mortal... wub.gif "

Shewhothirsts, to Kyknos of Athena

Part of the War of Light AU-project: XVIIIth Legion Dreadspears

IA: Twilight Wardens

Noctem Cultor

Noctem Cultor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,031 posts

@LordVelype

Autilion Skoor Allpha Legion Forge World event only miniature I think.

It looks like these guys follow Axemaster Kriegs Night Lords teachings Fear is the goal so let the Chaos in! Interesting models and some nice poses will be good to see them when they are Midnight Clad.

Larkyn

Larkyn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,014 posts

I guess you adapted your models to the Night Lords of Aaron Dembski-Bowden triology, which plundered a lot of other (loyal and traitor) marines to keep their armours functioning, which is a fine idea actually, but I think you overdo it a little. Maybe I change my mind again, if I see them painted.
I think some of your models look interesting, but too me personally you took a little parts of too many different kits for them to be "proper" Night Lords.

I`ve got a question, where did you get that ``lion head helmet` (in lack of a better word). Is this a GW- piece?

* Edit: I meant the head of the unpainted marine on the right in the first picture.

Yes, I am a firm believer in kit-bashing my Chaos Marines. Especially for this coalition of Warbands. I want a really run-down, ragtag group of warriors fighting the good fight (or Long War). I am unrepentant about that.

And yeah, Noctem has it on the lion helm. Autillion Skorr. Beautiful model. I think I might pick up a second one.

And to be fair, this will be more than just VIII Legion. The Night Lords will feature heavily, this is true, as the theme for the army is after the VIII is "rebuilt" under Decimus. There will also be a sprinking of XVI, as seen by the Bloody Jackal; and a healthy portion of the XVII, as will feature soon. And maybe some *REDACTED*, just because I love them so much.

Many different forces, brought under the same banner, by one thing in common:

The darkness inside.

Formerly TheWarmaster.

Larkyn

Larkyn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,014 posts

Well, after spending another brief stay in the hospital, I caught up on reading some blogs and rumor mills. Apparently, Chaos is due soon for an update. Which is about time, if you ask me. I had been planning on rebuilding the 100th Company using the Blood Angels codex, but now I think I'll wait to see what the new Chaos book brings. Which is fine. Gives me more time to pick up some more B@C and Chaos boxes.

In the meantime though, here's something that I did before my brief internment:

0wPmsB.jpg

UGFUcI.jpg

rV7LUK.jpg

The first model in the Scouring-era force that will clash with the VIII Legion forces. In keeping with the darkness theme, these guys will be very...lost. I'm actually painting up the commander model now, waiting for washes to dry. Although, pardon any moldlines, I don't have hobby knives anymore.

Formerly TheWarmaster.

Larkyn

Larkyn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,014 posts

Step on up, lords and ladies, gentlemen and mistresses. Step on up and see the glory of a man reborn. From the darkness, he rises, like a great mythical beast of Olde Terran folklore. We call him, Cerberus.

Alright, I just assembled a full Grey Knights army in the past...16 hours. I think my Hobby-Fu has returned. I desparately want to recreate the epic feel of my old Bonds of Brotherhood thread, the work I did during those few months was astounding. I want to relive that.

So, where do I start?

Ah, I know, with a couple of small things:

WXX7xE.jpg

JiHioB.jpg

EDIT:

Here's said Grey Knights army, for the record. Everything not primed/painted was assembled today.

yrETum.jpg

And my good ol' Brotherhood Champion from back in February/March:

5XK4uN.jpg

Edited by Larkyn, 10 December 2015 - 03:20 AM.

Formerly TheWarmaster.

Larkyn

Larkyn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,014 posts

One of these is the commander of Theta-Four Cerberus. The other is a member of the Battalion's command squad. Can you guess which one is which?

53vX7F.jpg

7z67J1.jpg

UogINn.jpg

gp5YZ1.jpg

idudcx.jpg

oCX2SX.jpg

UaFFfJ.jpg

Formerly TheWarmaster.

Larkyn

Larkyn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,014 posts

Sad update tonight. I recieved word a few hours ago that a really close friend committed suicide New Year's Eve. This was a beautiful young woman, 22 years old, with a whole life ahead of her. In hindsight, I should have known something was going on. She had been suffering from mild depression for as long as I've known her (close to 10 years), but lately it had been getting worse. We hadn't been doing as much video gaming as we used to, and she spent a lot of time shut away from everyone else as well. I thought, as did a lot of people, that it was just Seasonal depression, and all of her friends and family had done everything they could to cheer her up. I'm sure her breaking up with her boyfriend of 6 years on Christmas Day didn't help either.

As someone who survived a suicide attempt back in November, I find it difficult to piece together my thoughts. My inner darkness managed to find a channel in the form of my resurrection of the 100th Company, and various pieces of writing that I will NOT be sharing, as they are likely too dark for most people to appreciate. (Who wants to hear about an Astartes cutting himself, all the while the daemon inside of him whispers lies and pain in his head? I bet very few people do.)

So what should this suffering hobbyist do? Dedicate a piece of wonderful plastic in her memory, of course.

I present to you, Blessed Lilly, piloted by Lady Emily, of House Abrehart.

Gqa28w.jpg

Formerly TheWarmaster.

Vazzy

Vazzy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,533 posts
Man, I'm so sorry to hear that. God rest her soul. As someone who also suffered heavily from depression, hobbying, and making it in honor of her are excellent ideas. Good luck man.

helterskelter

helterskelter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,473 posts
I'll echo vazzy, may she be at peace, good luck with the knight build
gallery_48988_10980_7442.png

My referal code for eternal crusade:EC-MHXKY9RLYIIEH

Larkyn

Larkyn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,014 posts

Mmmm....Leviathan.

764bJM.png

Also more infantry, because you can never have enough Mk3's.

Formerly TheWarmaster.

Luna707

Luna707

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 906 posts
I'm sorry to hear about your friend, I myself have gone through something similar. I know how much suicide can hurt, you're not alone man. I hope warhammer helps you like it helped me

gallery_84811_11476_9558.jpg

Check out my truescale marines!

http://www.bolterand...on-hands-blog/

Larkyn

Larkyn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,014 posts

Thank you, it means a lot. I'm still in the process of building the Knight, as well as working on background. If I stop working on these dang Necrons, I might be able to do some heresy stuff! Filthy xenos...

Formerly TheWarmaster.

Larkyn

Larkyn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,014 posts

lClvbi.jpg

pUd8qx.jpg

PYbf7B.jpg

qB358f.jpg

He needs a Legion pauldron, but I have no idea what Legion I want these Mk3 guys to be! I have a couple of ideas, but I'm not sure yet.

Formerly TheWarmaster.

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,694 posts

Breacher looks good, I'd go for a Son of Horus; brutally smashing aside all resistance to the spear-tip...

Larkyn

Larkyn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,014 posts

Breacher looks good, I'd go for a Son of Horus; brutally smashing aside all resistance to the spear-tip...

Did you say mKsK74.png ?

How about this?

myu7kv.jpg

QZVQks.jpg

nMLlxG.jpg

53TZAw.jpg

2hPxXN.png

In my opinion...

Formerly TheWarmaster.

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,694 posts

Brother, I believe you just went from brutal  to  BRUTAL...

Nice work. msn-wink.gif