++ March of the Legions: XIII Legion ++

gallery_48988_10069_1214690.png

Month 7: The XIII Legion

If you missed last month's competition, and/or would like to learn the rules for this competition, please read the first post here: http://www.bolterand...gion/?p=3850046

If you dare to accept this challenge, please recite the following oath:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I, Brother Chaplain Kage, accept my role in this.

I promise to lead the XIV Legion into the zone of war, and conduct them to glory.

I will do so no matter the ferocity or ingenuity of the foe.

I pledge my honor to the XIII Legion.

On this matter, and by the Master of Ultramar, I swear.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yet another month where life was getting in the way, so I apologize for this being nine days late; entrants will still get the full amount of time to submit their WIP models.

I, Ezeriel, accept my role in this.

I promise to lead the XIII Legion into the zone of war, and conduct them to glory.

I, Preafectus Invictus, accept my role in this.

I promise to lead the XIII legion into the zone of war, and conduct them to glory

I will do so no matter the ferocity of ingenuity of the foe

i pledge my honour to the XIII legion

On this matter, and by the master of Ultramar, I swear

Now, what to pledge?

I, Apologist, accept my role in this.
I promise to lead the XIII Legion into the zone of war, and conduct them to glory.
I pledge my honour to the XIII Legion.
On this matter, and by the master of Ultramar, I swear.

+ Theoretical +

Well, a nice big banner might be fun... but then again, perhaps a model in a red helm might be more appropriate as a one-off?

+ Practical +

+ inloading +

I, Ramell, accept my role in this.

Off to raid my bitz box.

I, Jud Cottrell, accept my role in this.

I've been promising myself an apothecary for a while now, I

think he'll have to be a mishmash of parts from my bitz box though.

• 2 weeks later...

I, the Nameless Captain, Accept my role in this.

I promise to lead the XIII Legion into the zone of war and conduct them to glory.

On this matter, and by the Master of Ultramar, I swear

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Time to see what I can do in ten days.

Totes Forgot about this! 10 days to paint a single Ultramarine Terminator? Challenge Accepted!

I, Slipstreams, accept my role in this.

I promise to lead the XIV Legion into the zone of war, and conduct them to glory.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I, Horus Aximand, accept my role in this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A casual WIP shot of my pledge to give me the motivation to get painting:

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r82/SpaceDug2005/IMG_3533.jpg

Thanks, though its actually more of a spear. its easier to see in these pictures

med_gallery_77689_10133_873869.jpgmed_gallery_77689_10133_878953.jpgmed_gallery_77689_10133_47209.jpgmed_gallery_77689_10133_895526.jpgmed_gallery_77689_10133_416149.jpg

and now, the fluff.

“I’m moving up. Cover me.”

This time, they were warring against a human world. The actual term used was “bringing to compliance” but, as far as sergeant Metius was concerned all that meant was…. well, warring against a human world. That wasn’t to say that he had no care for the reasons why, “War is politics carried out by other means” after all, he just preferred things clear and simple. They called themselves Ooylnag, but as far as Metius was concerned, they were “those bastards with the guns firing three meter long spears”.

“Frags out, prepare to advance.”

Just as he and his squad came out of cover, one annoyingly accurate bastard fired one of his three-meter long spears into sergeant Metius’ chest, impaling him to the rock outcropping he had just been using as cover.

“Sergeant!”

“…huh, missed my vitals. Keep going…”

He gasped the quarter- meter section of the spear protruding from his chest.

“…this will take a while.”

His squad nodded and pressed onward while he went through the process of removing the three-meter long piece of ammunition from himself and the rock behind him.

“…oyingly accurate. Though, he missed anything that would kill me outright… Thessale! On your right!”

Shlichk. “Ghaa!” Blam!

“A bit much, though good bladework. Might recommend him to the locutarus storm squads. Agh!”

He finally removed the spear and dropped down, as it was holding him impaled with his feet just off the ground.

“Sergeant, there’s a tank coming.”

“Paint it for Cadmus and his squad.”

He glanced at the spear. They called the weapon it was from a Gyleem, but as far as sergeant Metius was concerned, he was going to beat the rest of those bastards to death with it.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

During the battle of Keemin hill, Veteran Sergeant Metius, 232nd company, Ultramarines, led his squad to almost single-handedly take the southern fortification and he personally destroyed one of the two enemy superheavy tanks present. The other was destroyed by Sergeant Cadmus and his heavy weapon squad. All this was done after being impaled by enemy fire. Following this, he received no further injuries for the remainder of the battle, and later, had the ammunition which impaled him forged into a spear.

“Now how the hell did I do that.”

I've managed to get my model done, but stumped for ideas on the fluff. Will post pics later today and brainstorm some ideas.

EDIT: Here he is! hope you like him smile.png .

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u382/DG101/IMG_2131_zpspg7rkxzn.jpg

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u382/DG101/IMG_2132_zpskt6z0qvh.jpg

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u382/DG101/IMG_2133_zpsw4pzxi4k.jpg

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u382/DG101/IMG_2134_zpszba4tr11.jpg

++Sergeant Palios Krantor [DECEASED]++

++35 Company++

++Pict Capter [Mark 00462.337] Calth Atrocity++

Squad Krantor trudged through the ash, kicking bones and debris as they went. The normally proud blue of their armour was dulled by war, scratched bare and corroded from prolonged exposure to the acid sun. They were migrating, moving to Arcology Gamma-VIII, after Gamma-IX was corrupted. They were the last to leave, supporting straggling citizens in their pitiful vehicles. They had encountered two Word Bearer patrols in the last day, setting the squad on edge.

“Rous, Julius, fan out, cover our flanks”

The command cut over the silence, forcing the two astartes awake from their slow march. Bolters at the ready, they split off and cut through the ruins, disappearing into the gloom.

They trudged on for hours; silence followed them for what seemed like an eternity.

A single bolt round cracked through the air, and Viet’s head disappeared in a cloud of gore. His body slumped to the ground, and more bolts flickered in the air, becoming an ever-increasing salvo, punching through light vehicle armour and astartes battle plate alike. The Ultramarines finally returned fire, spraying haphazardly into the mist. The occasional bolt round would hit home, marked by grunts and clangs as warriors were punched off their feet. Shapes started to materialize, and soon the remaining Ultramarines could see the Word Bearers, in all their unholy glory, as they marched on to finish the job.

All around him, Krantor’s legionaries were being butchered, the wounded slain with gleaming knives now wet with blood. Surrounded in an ever decreasing circle, the Ultramarines were dying.

“aaargghh...” Krantor spat through the vox as a bolt round caught him in the shoulder, getting through his pauldron and critically wounding him. With horro he watched his last brother fall. Helpless, he consoled himself for death. His good hand absentmindedly wandered to his grenades. Realisation took hold.

I can take them out with me!

As the Word Bearers encroached he ripped the pin from a frag, letting it sit next to his supply, and smiled.

When they got to him, he was dead. But they did not have time to rejoice, for a blinding flash of light and heat atomised them from the irradiated surface of Calth, and sent them to whatever dark gods they worshipped.

+==+

Finished Mine.

Feast your eyes on these crappy phone pictures!

2015 11 29 22.27.27

2015 11 29 22.27.35

2015 11 29 22.27.43

2015 11 29 22.27.50

2015 11 29 22.27.55

Fluff.....uh...

Seen here delivering an impassioned speech to his men prior to the Word Bearers attack on Calth, Captain Attius is depicted in full parade dress, his personal heraldic shield on full display atop his recently-issued suit of Artificer-Class Mk IV Maximus Power Armor and Experimental Power Sword.

Yeah, this is all I've got this time around...

*Phew* Just finished. Time-stamped evidence in the morning, since I can't access Picasa from my phone browser...

+inload updated: vid capture ident pending+

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Bv3j-Che6hY/VlzNMnl9VwI/AAAAAAAAUXY/GN9LNigA3uM/s1600/IMG_3289.JPG

Here's my smurf for the cause. Struggled with fluff for him, not much of a XIII kinda guy. All I had to go with is that he's a red head. Felt there weren't enough red heads in the 31st millenium.

Anyways, here he is: Legion Champion Tiberius Crassus of the XIII Legion

Pictured here before taking part in a parade to celebrate the peaceful compliance of of the world of Vennox. The cyber cherubs carrying the amethyst colored cape were a gift from his cousins in the III legion, earned for his dueling skills in the practice rings while the two legions crusaded together. His favored weapon is his fiery red paragon blade. His brothers joke that he handed the legion artificers a lock of his hair and told them to make his sword match.

med_gallery_51465_6984_539701.jpeg

med_gallery_51465_6984_548918.jpeg

med_gallery_51465_6984_691592.jpeg

med_gallery_51465_6984_480145.jpeg

med_gallery_51465_6984_1088097.jpeg

Archived