+Betrayal at Calth: Conversions and Ideas for the New Box+

It's been a while since I've had a chance to do any hobby stuff, so I sat down recently and smashed this Contemptor Cortus out for my soon-to-be Ultramarines.

gallery_67188_8872_126407.jpg

For those interested, the top half of the legs are from a standard Box-Dread to give the pose a bit more life, and the chest plate is from the AM Kastelan Robots, and fit surprisingly well once I'd chopped back the original plate.

It's been a while since I've had a chance to do any hobby stuff, so I sat down recently and smashed this Contemptor Cortus out for my soon-to-be Ultramarines.

gallery_67188_8872_126407.jpg

For those interested, the top half of the legs are from a standard Box-Dread to give the pose a bit more life, and the chest plate is from the AM Kastelan Robots, and fit surprisingly well once I'd chopped back the original plate.

You've won the Plastic Contemptor Conversion Bonanza. Really incredible what you did with that static kit.

Well I got bored and converted up another Nurgle Contemptor like my previous one (which I ended up stripping multiple times as my painting skills need a lot of improving :D) but made this one less busy than the previous one as I may of went overboard with conversion on the last one :D I just need one more and I'll have a full Nurgle Contemptor Talon ...... Not that I can have talons in 40k unless I start a 30k Death Guard army after their fall to Nurgle

med_gallery_59703_9915_58422.jpeg

med_gallery_59703_9915_181038.jpeg

med_gallery_59703_9915_966595.jpeg

This really is an epic conversion, making that horrendous static dread look good is no mean feat; but really love the use of the Kastelan to make a Contemptor Cortus!! Really captures the more basic nature of the armour variant.

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally convinced myself to start assembling my cataphractii terminators for the VII, they're still in an early WIP stage (please ignore mold lines laugh.png , they will be removed), any ideas or suggestions are more than welcome:

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w490/Risollano/15902456_1275724385828621_874381620_o_zpssj0j3hx0.jpg

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w490/Risollano/15942645_1275724769161916_1892885384_o_zpszhdbvwlb.jpg

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w490/Risollano/15934152_1275724635828596_1407901299_o_zpsmluxp3ca.jpg

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w490/Risollano/15943420_1275724405828619_765396733_o_zpsdvpfamvm.jpg

I was considering trying to make a front plate from greenstuff and converting the contemptor into a leviathon, has anyone tried anything like that yet?

The only problem I see with that is there's also a height difference, which would be harder to correct....

pic1_lrg.jpg

(image not mine)

It *could* be possible, but it would be a lot moe woek than just the front plates.

Cheers,

Jono

That is some amazing paint work!

Thanks man! :) Appreciate it! I used a normal brush as well, as I can't really afford an airbrush just yet.
I do everything by hand as well, the time it takes for even a regular marine for me helps me justify spending the money since I have not had a game in a bit over a year.

@Vash1313 Best BoC Praetor i've seen yet, gorget transplant is seamless!!

Here's my WiP Runepriest / Consul based on the same Praetor mixed with Blood Angles Librarian with liberal smattering of wolf.

DSC 0634

Sons of Horus Captain

FW praetor head and weapon. Plastic cataphractii arms. I had to layer a second bit of the shoulder strips to make it work. Added some mirror-coins and skull trophy.

MvN5Os7.jpg

apQ3A8T.jpg

Archived