+Betrayal at Calth: Conversions and Ideas for the New Box+

Here is the conversion I did of the plastic contemptor.

med_gallery_78168_12782_1802014.jpg

I cut the legs, torso and head into seperate components and cut the left leg in half to get the bent leg.

I also rebuilt the head using greenstuff and used a piece of sprue to attach the legs to the waist.

• 2 weeks later...

@ Checkmate: Love the tweaked pose on that Contemptor! Incidentally, I just finished my own Contemptor based on the pidgeon-toed plastic model:

vaako-the-immortal-world-eaters-contempt

30k-world-eaters-and-contemptor-1.jpg

It's a fairly simple conversion, but I am really happy with how different he looks from the base model with just a few minor tweaks.

Many more pictures of the model can be found here in my ongoing WIP thread.

• 2 weeks later...

So I am trying to model a Cataphractii Captain for my Demi-Company, with a storm shield and Primarch's Wrath (putting him with my Devastator Squad).  I have the Cats from the BaC box, but not sure how to go about it and what parts to use.  I'd welcome any suggestions or if it's already been done, always appreciative of links or pictures I can examine.  Thank you.

http://i.imgur.com/BexlyzS.jpg

Bashed the Mk4 missile launcher and heavy bolter together into an underslung missile launcher with suspensors.

Moved the missile magazine under the launcher to where the should was, then added the handle and barrel from the bolter on top.

Don't think I've seen this done anyway but sure it must have been.

HALP.  I'm trying to convert my Captain Aethon into a Cataphractii Captain for my 40K Crimson Fists (a perfect leader for a squad of 4 Devastators with Heavy Bolters).  I want to equip him with the Primarch's Wrath and a Storm Shield.  The gun is easy enough - a combi-bolter should suffice for a bolter with Salvo - but the problem is that left arm.  The shield itself is easy - I have a lot of choices from Vanguard Vets shields to a Deathwatch shield or even (especially!) Lysander's shield (if I can justify 20 bucks for that part).

The problem, though, is the arm itself.  The arms from the normal plastic Cat squad don't fit in the Captain's shoulder, regular Terminator arms are way too bulky... I need something that will fit in that shoulder socket and the grip of the shield, ideally with minimal conversion/greenstuff work.  

Does anyone have any suggestions or examples?  I can't possibly be the first one to consider this build.

This image may help:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/2/24/781203_sm-Terminator%20sgt%20from%20BaC%20praetor.JPG

Note: This is not my model but OneManNoodles on Dakka

Link to page:

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/blog/900/509255.page

You may be able to see how they did it from the pictures.

Nemac

That's very helpful, thank you!  All this time I've been trying to find a way to squeeze an arm in there and it never occurred to me to just cut away the Captain's shoulder and use the one from the other arm.  The mantle covers it anyhow.

So now all I think I really need is to find a spare Cat sergeant arm and Lysander's shield without buying the whole model.  Maybe I'll even get a couple of those Fists shoulder guards from Shapeways while I am at it.  Thanks so much for the help!

I originally equipped my praetor with a paragon blade using an old pewter power sword from the terminator captain model. I hated how blocky the blade was compared to today's plastic power swords so I decided to replace it with a paragon blade fashioned in the likeness of Dorn's own close combat weapon. I made my counts as paragon blade by joining two mk iii chainswords end to end and then covering the body with thin sheets of plastic card.

gallery_18679_12567_135968.jpg

gallery_18679_12567_150691.jpg

gallery_18679_12567_52544.jpg

gallery_18679_12567_239702.jpg

Archived