+Betrayal at Calth: Conversions and Ideas for the New Box+

Just a quick question for those who have changed the left arm of the Termie character, how did you go about doing it as I am thinking of replacing the chainfist on one to a lighting claw but I'm not really sure where to start cutting.

Just a quick question for those who have changed the left arm of the Termie character, how did you go about doing it as I am thinking of replacing the chainfist on one to a lighting claw but I'm not really sure where to start cutting.

I took an extra arm I had from a cataphractii set and trimmed it until it fit right between the front and back parts of the model. It wasn't the fastest process because I took my time and kept checking the fit to make sure I didn't trim too much.

Turbulence, you're really making me want to "40k" a set of these tacticals so I can load them out with Full Chaos trappings. That's not what I expected when i came to the AoD forum. ;)  Can't wait to see more of your Death Guard.

Some great work in this thread, I'm starting on my BaC later this week and this is A+ inspirational material.

Turbulence, you're really making me want to "40k" a set of these tacticals so I can load them out with Full Chaos trappings. That's not what I expected when i came to the AoD forum. ;) Can't wait to see more of your Death Guard.

Ask and you shall receive. Note that I haven't started on battle damage and putty work just yet.

http://s21.postimg.org/da1lq55ef/20151119_165106.jpg

Turbulence, you're really making me want to "40k" a set of these tacticals so I can load them out with Full Chaos trappings. That's not what I expected when i came to the AoD forum. ;) Can't wait to see more of your Death Guard.

Ask and you shall receive. Note that I haven't started on battle damage and putty work just yet.

http://s21.postimg.org/da1lq55ef/20151119_165106.jpg

I normally hate spiky marines, but yours look awesome with the actual kits they used from the heresy.

Edit: I hate the mobile version.

I took an extra arm I had from a cataphractii set and trimmed it until it fit right between the front and back parts of the model. It wasn't the fastest process because I took my time and kept checking the fit to make sure I didn't trim too much.

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean, do you have any pics to ilustrate it at all? (As my college tutor once said, "a picture paints a thousand words".

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean, do you have any pics to ilustrate it at all? (As my college tutor once said, "a picture paints a thousand words".

I think what is trying to be said is simply replacing the arm with a spare won't work, you have to cut it down to size. I am currently replacing the arm as well and I've had to shave down the shoulder of the new arm to fit.

There is one issue with changing the arm. The original Chaiinfist arm has part of the shoulder guards pteruges (the Roman looking "tassels" tongue.png) you would have to sculpt/build/do something to fill in the void.

I will try to get some pictures at a better angel later today. But it probably would have been better if I tok pictures during the process.

Ask and you shall receive.  The pictures aren't the greatest by you can see that I trimmed the arm to fit between the front and back parts of the torso.  I hate how the bits for  the cataphractii character were done, it was like the designer has never assembled and definitely never converted a model in his life.

zoom right Arm 4

zoom right Arm 3

zoom right Arm 2

zoom right Arm 1

Hmmm, that guy looks like another Praetor I've seen recently.rolleyes.gif

Praetor? Mine's just a tactical Seargent in artificer armor.

Fun stuff aside, I must be copying you. An exotic conversion choice like swapping in a pointing hand on an already extended arm couldn't be indepently thought of..

Hmmm, that guy looks like another Praetor I've seen recently.rolleyes.gif

Praetor? Mine's just a tactical Seargent in artificer armor.

Fun stuff aside, I must be copying you. An exotic conversion choice like swapping in a pointing hand on an already extended arm couldn't be indepently thought of..

Jokes lad, jokes. It's a fairly simple and awesome looking kind of conversion, so I expect to see it a fair bit. I am by no means complaining or insinuating you couldn't come up with the idea yourself, I was leaning more towards the "great minds" notion.

Archived