Charlo's HH Thread: Malinax Transfers

Charlo

So Blood & Glory was absolutely AWESOME! Saw some old friends and made some new friends with some nail-bitining games thrown in.

I went 2/3 (W/L) in the end but the losses were CLOSE, with only a few VPs in it.

While I obviously have loads of pics of the games and armies, I thought I'd share the nice pics I got of my force when it was "best-painted" judging time :biggrin.:

So... Enjoy! While a few bits to do one some of these, they are 99% done.

EJzSGUw.jpg

mjyQpCv.jpg

hgUo0E1.jpg

jed8Z5I.jpg

gEhRyI3.jpg

cVyNkco.jpg

boHQUk3.jpg

szGPMQl.jpg

zEpdono.jpg

OHFPcND.jpg

J1IwjnG.jpg

NIPrBjL.jpg

vg0LcZi.jpg

ibHyEm0.jpg

6LBtaIZ.jpg

MCKOPTz.jpg

X3fvQkS.jpg

KWa9tvq.jpg

UWdE8UR.jpg

They look absolutely cracking mate, the power blades look brill in the gradiated orange. The Hetaeron kitbash and Tribune's posing are fantastic.

Thanks mate, I'm quite proud of them! Once I can stand to look at them again I need to do all the gems and other little touches... And probably rebase them at some point... Maybe...

The grey knight swords on the Wardens with shields is really solid idea. I appreciate the other ones look like the art, but the large blades have always bothered me. These fix that nicely.

Yeah they're basically perfect, and the bit of detail they have fits the aesthetic of the gold bois. Will probably make a few more with Paragon Blades too... Maybe.

• 4 months later...

So I've got a little 1 day event to write up after using my Talons, but I'll keep you all in suspense on that... For now...

WATCH THE MISTS, BROTHERS - THE DEATH GUARD ARE NEAR!

Got a 2000pt centurion event in a few weeks so I decided to finally motivate myself to using the models I've stockpiled for years.

A mix of Tacticals, Missile Launchers, Deathshroud, Grave Wardens, a Contemptor and a few characters.

mQMYwAG.jpg

HERALD MOR'DRAKK - SHADOW OF THE REAPER

wTjOyIS.jpg

SIEGE BREAKER

P2Q5mxr.jpg

VIGILATOR

66lGjp6.jpg

APOTHECARION DETACHMENT

B91x1L2.jpg

Time off work + Decent Weather = PAINTING!

Everything except the Leviathan is now sprayed with Zandri and ready to be painted... But then the question remains... HOW?!

Well the event is in 9 days painting time, so it needs to be quick. Below is a test mini that, all things considered I'm pretty happy with!

Cau23gt.jpg

PDpwfZi.jpg

6or9iwW.jpg

Today I did the second layer of green and almost all of the gun metal on the infantry. That took about 4 hours then I wanted to die haha!

But here is a Deathshroud pre-nuln because I think they're looking pretty cool.

yFqksVV.jpg

• 2 months later...

I realise I never put up any pics from the event I was smashing these out for...! I lucked out and my first table matched my (unfinished) bases for these guys so it looked pretty cool! I had three losses on the day but some excellent opponents so no trouble. 2+ save sergeant tanking can do one though :teehee: !

Great progress Charlo! You basing them on clear ones as normal, or doing something different?

The plan is Stirland Battlemire with nurgles rot, tufts and razorwire for the trench feel!

Sadly I seem to have missed the pics of Missiles and Wardens, but you can see them :)

6uJWWTj.jpg

d1evKuZ.jpg

6JwEge2.jpg

ceLPApi.jpg

YIus6pC.jpg

UgOmj1H.jpg

SR3doP7.jpg

5MOSCvO.jpg

• 6 months later...

Me: if I ever do a HH force I'll stick to one legion, that way I can expand the options and get to know them.

Also me: hey, check out the start of my new legion!

Yep....! While I haven't got much use out of my DG, I'm at a bit of a loss on how to play them or lacking in inspiration outside of ZM, so I decided to go back to my Alpha Strike roots and add in some SoH Orbital Assault allies.

I've got one test mini done so far and I'm super happy with it! A mix of contrast over metallics, recess shading and the base was done with Martian Earth, Contrast and weathering powder.

OpDbQZ8.jpg

UhZHEB1.jpg

Edited by Charlo