Charlo's HH Thread: Malinax Transfers

Charlo

I laughed at the poor Sagittarum plight as Militia would have been a great army to use them on with all the 4+ and lower saves.  However, it looks like universe continues to conspire against them with your opponent getting 3+ saves on his main squads :tongue.:

Exactly that... And rapiers with T7 are too high for death beams to so much.

Had another game with the list today!

Same custom mission as last time:

PLANETFALL

Central objective

Quarter deployment (outside of 12 of the objective)

Victory points equal to turn number at the end of the turn if you control it.

First blood

Linebreaker

Slay the Warlord

1k Points

His list:

Iron Warriors

Forge Lord - power axe, cyber familiar

1 Iron Circle (with above)

Contemptor with Kheres

5 Tyrants

Ten Tacticals with a power fist.

Lots of buildings on a 4x4.

His Tyrants take a high ground, contemptor and circle to the left of them. His warlord trait allows his Tac squad to deep strike.

Shield and Spears take centre in my zone hiding behind walls. Sisters infiltrate bolters to the far right (you'll see why) and Sword Sisters with the Warlord to the far left, again out of sight behind terrain.

I get turn one, he fails to sieze.

His Warlord Trait allows a unit to deep strike and mine is +1 go run and charges (command table).

TURN ONE

I shuffle towards the Objective through the building.

He advances the Iron Circle and Dread, shooting everything he can (not a lot) at my shield Custodes doing nothing.

A cautious turn of maneuvering for both of us.

Sisters Chillin by the warm hum of the generator

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/FB_IMG_1493565193245_zpsmp1lkvop.jpg

TURN TWO

Both units of Custodes advance, both making it onto the objective.

The Saggitarum arrive to the left of the Sisters (no scatter thanks to the Vox).

Saggitarum cause 3 wounds on the Iron Circle!!!!

... Which are then saved with my opponent rolling a 5 and two 6's. Once again they fail and are doomed.

Shield Guard fail an assault on the Iron Circle D:<

Iron Warriors Tactical Squad does not arrive.

Everything else shuffles forward or down a level for the Tyrants.

Tyrants unleash 20 Frag Missiles onto the bunched saggitarum, wounding two.

Kheres finishes one off and wounds another. Iron Circle shoots with no effect and then FAILS IT'S CHARGE!

I gain two VP from holding the Objective.

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/FB_IMG_1493565181627_zpsgwqsddnz.jpg

TURN 3

Spear guys middle around the objective with the Shield guys. Saggitarum retreat up a level in the building to chill with the Bolter Sisters.

Tactical Squad arrives to the right of the Tyrants. His Dread and Iron Circle advance again, laying down fire into the shield and saggitarum dudes. They chip a wound off a shield and kill another Saggitarum. Due to spacing the Tyrants only cause about 8 Frag hits on the Shield custodes that wound one more. This time he makes his charge into tho two remaining custodes gunners. They hilariously do nothing with overwatch (despite getting a hit!) but manage to whether the storm of Grav Hammer hits and power axe with no wounds!

I'm now up 5 to 0.

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/FB_IMG_1493565187328_zps3or1tc13.jpg

TURN 4

Spearmen surge forward towards the Tacticals, aiming to delete his only scoring unit and all but secure victory in the name of the master of Mankind -

keeping one man back touching the objective.

The Sword Sisters and Oblivion Knight Harlean Quintex finally make their move at running speed, so they can get in range of the Custodes to help with that extra inch.

With the Objective in hand the Shield Guard surge forward and go for the back of the Iron Circle, hoping to fist him and the enemy Warlord and save thier companions.

Shields make their charge... The spears however, even with +1 fail the average role of a 7 needed to make it :(

The Shield Guys thusly get bonked on the head with a Gravity Hammer and my rerollable saves and to hit debuffs mean NOTHING. He then sweeping advances my Saggitarum.

Dread advances to level the assault cannon at the spearmen, getting one wound with a lucky rend. Tyrants barrage the spearmen, only causing one wound (hooray for 3" coherency and LoS!). He charges the bolter sisters and kills em. He then opens up with Fury of the Legion - 36 bolter shots into the Spearmen!

...They do NOTHING MUHUHUWAHHA!

At this point I if I can make a difficult terrain on 3 dice to assault him I would probably win. I roll it and get the 6, then we decide to end it.

BUT DO WE...?!? Like a True Iron Warrior he decides to go to THE BITTER END (... Even though we just shook on me winning, bloody traitors!).

The ladies advance to hold the objective, in konga line formation 2" apart to prevent blast templates from hurting me (though yeah, kraks exist).

I charge the Tacticals and Wipe the floor with them. No need to even sweeping advance. Bare in mind this is actually the first casualties that I have inflicted... Only get 1" consolidate though so I spread out a touch.

He proceeds to now go for the Sisters enmasse. The Tyrants kill all but the Oblivion Knight and two Swordies with kraks. Kheres chips the final wound off one of the spearmen. His Iron Circle (thankfully) fails the 10" charge needed to hit the Sisters *phew*, while the Oblivion Knight places an incredible Bolt Pistol shot in overwatch into the robots eye socket, dealing significant damage (read: a wound).

I'm up 9-0

TURN 5

It's at this point I realise I'm on the edge of a loss via tabling. Sisters retreat at running speed to remain in coherency, avoid the charges from an angry dread and robot and abandon the objective (I don't need points anymore Bro!) I go bold and move up my last two spearmen to charge the Tyrants, hoping to see them off and stint his sister-slaying firepower quickly. I charge in, and challenge the Sarge with my two wound Custode. The Tyrant is clearly made of hard stuff makes 3 invulns then proceeds to pulp my healthy custode. No prizes for guessing what the remaining 8 power fist attack does to my other custode (who wiffed 3 of his attacks, no doubt). UH OH *SWEATS NERVOUSLY*

He moves everything forwards and unloads into the Sisters with Kraks, Kheres shells and the Iron circles heavy bolter. The final two Sword Sistas valiantly protect their Leader (as does her 2+) leaving her the lone survivor. OH JEEZ.

TURN 6

If he gets to shoot me now, I'll probably die. One wound going through from the Tyrants or Kheres will instant Death my squishy lady Lord. With powerful determination in Mankind's future, I manage to make my difficult terrain and run moves go far enough to put me behind a generator and out of sight for his final turns shooting.

At grievous cost to them, the Talons of the Emperor WIN. THIS. DAY.

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/FB_IMG_1493565198491_zpscvljdbez.jpg

Then I had to lie down as JEEZ THAT WAS A NAIL BITER!

For a bit of fun we rolled to see what would have happened if I had targeted the dread with my saggitarum instead of the iron circle... Explodes lol.

Three Jetbikes also on the way after a trip to Warhammer world, as well as this beauty to wear for all of my games ;)

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/IMG_20170430_002124_zpsxyebpa0h.jpg

Bonus:

Hidden Content

One of the best Pints I've ever had, night before the game. If you find yourself in the Midlands try and grab some Batham - goes down very smooth!

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/FB_IMG_1493497883485_zpsq0a5wtm1.jpg

Edited by Charlo

Well, it was dense terrain until it wasn't. As it was quite uniformlt in corners and such it mainly helped separate the battles into a few areas. Custodes seldom need a cover save at this points level so it only would have helped the Sisters sometimes, and I kept them back to be safe with at least one scoring unit and my squishy warlord.

I think if I did it again I would have ran the Custodes away instead of charging Tyrants, to hopefully prevent tabling. Also would have just plain avoided the Iron Circle with the shield guys as that S10 hammer, even on a 5 to hit is horrendous.

Well, it was dense terrain until it wasn't. As it was quite uniformlt in corners and such it mainly helped separate the battles into a few areas. Custodes seldom need a cover save at this points level so it only would have helped the Sisters sometimes, and I kept them back to be safe with at least one scoring unit and my squishy warlord.

I think if I did it again I would have ran the Custodes away instead of charging Tyrants, to hopefully prevent tabling. Also would have just plain avoided the Iron Circle with the shield guys as that S10 hammer, even on a 5 to hit is horrendous.

I think the best way to fight iron circle is with a Tribune / valdor and some paragon shield hetaeron guard. Just pray for some 6s and wipe them. Otherwise they just hit back very hard.

I agree, but I wanted to be a bit tamer with my list, it is a narrative campaign afterall.

When we hit 2K points the Tribune may come out to play however... If not I'll be using Pigtails as Jenetia!

As well as the BEAUTIFUL NEW DREAD.

Thanks bud!

It's just a shame she loses a pigtail every time I pick her up... :sweat:

You need to try pinning & superglue. Plastic glue is fine, but I find that once a joint breaks, re-sticking with more plastic glue just makes everything more brittle. Since you have such a small contact, I think pinning and superglue is probably the best way forward.

Thanks bud!

It's just a shame she loses a pigtail every time I pick her up... :sweat:

You need to try pinning & superglue. Plastic glue is fine, but I find that once a joint breaks, re-sticking with more plastic glue just makes everything more brittle. Since you have such a small contact, I think pinning and superglue is probably the best way forward.

Already using superglue, and I would 10000% end up giving her a half head labotomy if I tired to pin it!

Once she's done I'll just invest in a good case for her I think!

In the meantime... Had a week off from Hobby after the full throttle month previous, so expect to see some finished sisters and some Saggitarum get paint on them.

Sadly, even with my two victories in the campaign the Traitors have pulled ahead. It's being run as a "choose your own adventure" style so the traitors having won get to vote on what happens next. The options were "kill more loyalists and secure the planets" or "Go after hidden mysterious knowledge". They chose the latter (much to the Iron Warrior's chagrin!) 

My next game is on the 24th against the dreaded scions of Magnus, the THOUSAND SONS.

For fluff reason I assume we'll play the custom campaign mission (seems very Thousand Sons) which is...

DELAYING ACTIONS

The traitors have secured the planet and now race to unlock its secrets. The traitor force has been tasked with delaying the Loyalists until the Dark Mechanicum has located the mysterious energy source.

Set-up:

1k Points
4x4 Board
12" Deployment opposite sides of table (24" no mans land)
Loyalist is the Attacker, Traitor the Defender
Defender sets up first, then Attacker
Attacker gets first turn unless Defender Seizes the Initiative
Reserves are allowed
Random Game Length
Fully Painted Army Bonus: Any force that is fully painted may give one infantry unit the Scout ability that does not already have it.

Victory Conditions:

Traitors - Attrition:
The traitors score 1 VP for every enemy unit destroyed or off the table at the end of the game.

Loyalists - Linebreaker:
The loyalists score 2 VPs for every friendly unit in the enemy’s deployment zone at the end of the game.

Both - Slay the Warlord:
1 VP for killing the enemy Warlord

=================================

So really, I just need to survive and stop my units from being removed. If the Jetbikes arrive in time I'll certainly be using them, Adrathic will be nasty. Intelligence tells me that my opponent has a fair amount of Sehkmet and a Preator also in TDA...

• 2 weeks later...

May I ask, where you got the clear perspex bases from?. As much as I like doing bases, I think the clear perspex is a simple elegant basing method which means they match all battlefields

I've found exactly the same. I basically just do not have the hobby time to dedicate to slapping texture paint on bases, waiting for it to dry then adding extra coats/ details/ flock/ tufts/ crystals etc (like on my 40k BA), plus it really annoys me when bases don't match the battlefield!

In practice they look AWESOME on a battle mat! The only minor downside is that they don't sit on uneven surfaces as easy, due to them being flat (GW bases have the raised underside with gap to confrom to rougher terrain etc).

I got mine from Sally4th http://wargamesbuildings.co.uk/Clear-Terra-Bases thoroughly impressed. Some minor knots in the occasional base but nothing gamebreaking. Just be sure to give them a quick rub down all over before you glue.

Excellent stuff mate! I have recently cracked and bought some Custodes myself! Still not sure what to build yet but I am itching to crack on and paint Gold.

Thanks dude. They are SUPER fun to paint!

Jetbikes have been dispatched but hoping they arrive on Monday or Tuesday so I can slap some paint on them for a game Wednesday....

Been busy :D

I wasn't sure on the lances, part laziness part keeping the sleek silhouette... But then I realised I had a hair dryer to hand to strisgtened them out ready to be sprayed tomorrow.

Also internally fan boy screaming as I've wanted some Jetbikes for YEARS.

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/IMG_20170522_213122_zpsvky4rqks_edit_1495485191414_zpsdj9ivrhp.jpg

Edited by Charlo

"When the mixed debris of shattered, steaming ice and rocks cleared, it was evident that the Thousand Sons' foul ritual had been stopped. Bahriman, a Preator of prodigious power in the manipulation of life itself now lay crumpled; limp and all but lifeless at the feet of the Warrior-Queen of the Silent Sisterhood; Jenetia Krole. His breath was short and between the mind-numbing effect of such a powerful null maiden at this proximity and the critical wound caused by her greatblade in his chest, he was not going anywhere. Krole signed to the Sentinel Guard near her to take the prisoner away. He nodded and opened a vox channel; one that all on planet Doomsday and those in orbit could hear; loyalist and traitor alike. He planted his foot into the Thousand Son's chest wound, grinding it down, forcing him to let out a scream of agony that framed the transmission;

Let this be a lesson to all lackeys of the misbegotten number 16. There will be no mercy."

==========================

So I had the battle yesterday, my list was as presented before and he brought the following:

All units are of the Corvidae Cult

RoW Guard of the Crimson King

Bahriman - Preator in Tartaros, Powerfist, Paragonblade, Bolt Pistol

Sehkmet Terminators - Seven Terminators, 4 with Force Sword and Cobmi Bolter, 3 with Combi Melta & Chainfist

Sehkmet Terminators - Seven Terminators, 4 with Force Sword and Cobmi Bolter, 3 with Combi Melta & Chainfist

Psychic Powers:

Bahriman - Enfeeble, Endurance, Hemorrhage, Smite (and one power from Telekinesis I forget)

Sehkmet 1 - Crush, Objuration Mechanicum

Sehkmet 2 - Shockwave, Telekine Dome

So once again I was running a Talons list that outnumbered my opponent... Oh my.

Mission was delaying action as outlined above, below is deployment - very straight forward, both of his units towards the center and I placed mine opposite, Spears on the left, shields on the right and jetbikes in the centre ready to lay down fire turn one (which I was going to have 5/6 times). Bolter Sisters went behind a building and the sword sisters with Krole reinforced the right side with the shields thanks to infiltraite. I rolled a 3 for Krole's trait so moved the Custodian squads up 6" to be closer with their sisters.

He fails to seize.

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/20170524_195138_zpscg1slcia.jpg

TALONS TURN ONE:

Everything moves forward (except the bikes who just shuffle around a tad), but I keep the Spearmen just over 18" away from the squad opposite them, so I can react to them and funnel them towards my sword sisters. Jetbikes loose their first volley of 6 shots and turn 3 Sehkmet into burning heaps of slag. With just that my initial fears are quenched and I'm feeling good.

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/20170524_195150_zpswxtizzo0.jpg

1KSONS TURN ONE:

As expected he moved towards the Sisters and Shieldmen (but keeps far away enough that he's not too hindered by Krole's null aura) and then proceeds to get some casts off. He successfully enfeeble's the Shieldmen (I had four dice but even with deny re-rolls, it is still only on a 6...). He then luckily fails endurance on his depelted squad of Sehkmet (phew) and then uses both crush and smite to deal no damage again.

Shooting he opens up with Asphyx Combis and takes a wound from one shield bro, kills a sword sister and then Krole tanks the rest. He misses with Combi Meltas on the Shields.

He then fails his charge on the Sisters :devil:

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/20170524_195214_zpsxhzzrmgc.jpg

TALONS TURN TWO:

Everything once again surges forward except the bikes, even the bolter sisters climb on top of the building to loose some shots.

Bikes kill 3 Sehkmet from the other squad but the rest of my shooting is null except for a lucky sister bolt pistol stripping a wound from a Sehkmet.

Sisters and Krole slam into his depleted squad (his overwatch doing nothing) and she decapitates the sergeant while her squad see to another. In return I lose 4 sisters to them and actually lose the combat, but fearless lulz.

I fail a 11" charge with the shields to get them on Bahriman, not a big deal though.

Admittedly I cant remember the specifics after this point but it was essentially him moving into combat, Krole executing his warlord, making 3 4++ at the same time!

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/20170524_203959_zpskdckwkqx.jpg

Then the shield guys also joining in while the bikes zooming behind to ensure I had more units in his deployment zone and cutting off any retreat. Both unit were eventually run down and the final shot of the battle is this:

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/20170524_205355_zpsxlpofvck.jpg

In the end a 7-0 win for the Loyalists.

Edited by Charlo