The Heresy of Col.Hertford, Reaver ready for war

Col.hertford

I highly advise having hot water or a hair dryer ready for the flamer hoses ;) took me two tries to get it right.

I want to see pictures, you can't keep teasing like that ;) (link please !!!). I have shaped it and it took a couple more tries than yours... Also I got a bit previous and tried fitting it the wrong way round :$. The short of it is I have shaved quite a bit off so I need to rebuild it. My deadline is quite tight now so it will unfortunately have to wait till after the weekender.

Shoot, I need to sort the crotch banner too...

I forgot the crotch banners too -_-

Pics from newest to oldest:

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac316/treacyjohn2/F2EDE150-10B1-493E-9261-5B5CC2F34F82.png_zpsglpabcnj.jpeg

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac316/treacyjohn2/27F36D7B-6AF0-4ADA-9925-836E96C7A7FE_zpsiwnqjwzq.jpg

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac316/treacyjohn2/8A12C466-C883-4544-AD01-457EE0DB09BC_zpsctk64qqb.jpg

I'm just doing House Malinax - did you use Typhon Ash for your white?

They look FINE!, and a reaver in the background. All those Pistons.........

The white on the Knights is Vallejo aged white over a Vallejo light brown base. The reaver head is aged white over black. The citadel air paints are good too, but I prefer the dropper bottles if I'm honest. The red banners are painted with citadel air paints though.

Awesome Knights.

What did you use for the "wires" coming out of the smashed Contemptor's arm?

And thanks for that beautiful off white recipe. That's very much the color of white I'm seeking for half my Castigator's scheme.

Cheers Ovidius, the wires are guitar strings cut about an inch long. Far easier than making with green stuff, I just used the largest I had in the house.

The White is nice. The brown does add a bit of depth and warmth. My misses even said what a good effect it was without being prompted!

Awesome Knights.

And thanks for that beautiful off white recipe. That's very much the color of white I'm seeking for half my Castigator's scheme.

Cheers Ovidius, the wires are guitar strings cut about an inch long. Far easier than making with green stuff, I just used the largest I had in the house.

The White is nice. The brown does add a bit of depth and warmth. My misses even said what a good effect it was without being prompted!

I agree! That's how I did my white too. I built up from a black, to brown, to ashy white. I'm glad someone else picked up on that - it's amazing with an airbrush.

P.S. You should totally have some Death Gaurd running on the bases ;)

Awesome Knights.

I agree! That's how I did my white too. I built up from a black, to brown, to ashy white. I'm glad someone else picked up on that - it's amazing with an airbrush.

P.S. You should totally have some Death Gaurd running on the bases ;)

I'm seriously tempted by a couple of running MKIII and MkV DG and a dead ultra marine. I can always add them later though.

Cheers Macloren. The legs aren't as well done as I would like, but I don't suppose people will notice to much. Ive been stalling finishing the legs to be honest (well that and I've tidied my green stuff somewhere) and I'm painting miles of armour trim instead. Hope to make significant progress this weekend.

I'm looking to pose the last Questorius in a similar pose to the Acheron. Any suggestions on what he can be resting on?

Your Knights are looking awesome so far Colonel! 

Love the use of the poor BaC contemptor :biggrin.: and the running Knight looks ace too! Also like it that you want to add a Skitarii regiment to your Titan force :thumbsup:

Cheers Macloren. The legs aren't as well done as I would like, but I don't suppose people will notice to much. Ive been stalling finishing the legs to be honest (well that and I've tidied my green stuff somewhere) and I'm painting miles of armour trim instead. Hope to make significant progress this weekend.

I'm looking to pose the last Questorius in a similar pose to the Acheron. Any suggestions on what he can be resting on?

I know what you mean about the legs, I really struggled with Sir Trystyn to get a pose I liked, and it wasn't really what I was aiming for. But I found that it worked so I stuck with it. You're a braver man than me doing your knights as a batch though, that's a challenge.

As to what he could be stepping on, why don't you have him stepping down off something rather than stepping up? It'll create more variety in the group. It's swampy basses you use right? (I'll need to go back and look now!) how about a semi-submerged tank/vehicle of some sort? Like he's using it as a stepping stone? Could work.

@Macloren, I'm getting a bit fatigued with the Knights now... Batch painting is tiring.

Regarding the posing, that's a very good call, but I will save that for the Atropos I intend to get. Seems to fit the fluff for them! I'm thinking of using a gate as a concrete barrier that it can step on.

With thunderous tread the Lords of War advanced....

and all hell followed.

It has begun.

blogger-image-2037685721.jpg

The ball joints are being glued with JB weld. I will be continuing this build slowly in addition to my other projects. Next job is to glue the shins.

The long hobby war contiunes...

You're a madman!

@ Ovidius, You don't have to be mad to post here, but it helps....

On to business.

Today my House Makabius transfers arrived from Forgeworld! Yeah!!

So having been studiously not doing knightly things over the weekend I promptly got on it. These are the results. Initial results are impressive. Virtually no carrier film outline. It is literally 1mm wide on the banners if that. The graphics look way better in real life too!

blogger-image-672514633.jpg

blogger-image-2041659329.jpg

blogger-image-715847025.jpg

He is really taking shape now. I've started painting the poor dread as I now call him. Rough golds applied. Needs some touch ups to the flat aluminium before starting washes.

blogger-image--1747703971.jpg

I also applied a transfer to the first banner. These are AMAZING!!!. The fit absolutely perfectly!

So to conclude, the transfers are excellent and then some.

On the Warlord Front, The shins are now cleaned and trimmed, and the glue is drying.

blogger-image--869277630.jpg

Lovely models, but there was a lot of movement in the join and to fit it needed a lot of JB weld to get a good join.

Unfortunately, I also looked at my Belicosa Volcano Cannons. Why unfortunately? I have a bad miscast on one.

blogger-image-430404246.jpg

blogger-image-797516148.jpg

blogger-image--1312297768.jpg

It's a bit annoying. I want to check everything before I contact FW regarding this.

Well that's all there is tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

@ Ovidius, yeah, it's a bit naff for a £1200 model, The newest kits now have a packer number, so I'm guessing people will start getting booties kicked it it doesn't improve.

Anyway, today's post is not about Knights or Titans, it's about PBI (poor bloody infantry). It's also about progress. For the last few months I've been thinking heavily about my current chosen colour scheme. I've not been sold on it at all. So today I had a bit of time so I tried out something new. The model in the middle is my old test model, he's flanked by two new production models. It's work pointing out, the transition between the blue and green is nowhere as intense as the pictures show. What do you think?

blogger-image--30214183.jpg

Blast, I haven't painted the skull on the right hand marines helmet.

blogger-image-12760411.jpg

This change has made me happy and I can now repaint the 15 marines I had in progress. I will probably let the test model, maybe he's Alpharius???

The astute amongst you will notice the red box. It's part of my swag from the Horus Heresy Weekender. More on that for a later post.

blogger-image--30214183.jpg

i like your original paint scheme, its a bit darker and fits more with the FW artworks than the real FW studio models imho. That said, the otehr two guys look better as they are shiney, and their surface looks far smoother. :thumbsup:

Either way, all three are awesome ^_^

@ abraxus, cheers mate. I went from using GW Blue and Green washes to Tamiya clear blue and green.

@Atia, cheers mate :)

@ Atia and Betrayer, I think my problem with the scheme of the original model is that it is to close to the Night Lords panoply of war. I think this would be a kick bottom base for those scary fellas for any budding psychopaths out there...

I've been away for a few days with the family to sunny Norfolk, but now I'm back an cracking on with all things irridescent blue/green. Fear not Imperial Knight and Legio Titanicus fans, these projects are still underway, but I need do something substantial before posting. First up a Demi Legion Tactical Squad. Trims and bases underway, I'm thinking of using silver faces for sergeants, what do you guys think?

blogger-image-745411995.jpg

Next up, my Legion Sicaran Battle Tank is cleaned and washed. I hope to tackle the assembly later this week.

Finally, a few more models underway...

blogger-image--408968332.jpg

blogger-image--1833345771.jpg

blogger-image-781015344.jpg

Archived