The Heresy of Col.Hertford, Reaver ready for war

Col.hertford

Ok guys, sorry for the lack of posts. Real life's meant I've not been as active across the whole internet. Been many commenting on the blogs I follow in my free time. Hopefully I've turned a corner and can make more progress.

First up today is my Reaver Titan, Bellator Ferrum. Been making steady progress on him, I have most of the camo done.

blogger-image-21516496.jpg

blogger-image-1649640311.jpg

You probably noticed the power fist is missing. It keeps breaking, I think the machine spirit is cursed.

blogger-image-450211530.jpg

Still progress is progress. I'm going to build the second Reaver Laser blaster i have in the interim, it's better from a game perspective anyway.

Finally, I have progress on my Alpha Legion. They are finished except for transfers.

image.jpeg

What do you guys think?

The long hobby war contiunes...

@ Olis, many thanks! I just wish the made Titan sized Choom!

@ Athrawes, your Titan is a thing of beauty, don't regret that amazing paint job!

Quick update tonight. Built the reaver laser blaster and started the trims. Sorry the pictures a bit naff, poor light, with an iPad.

blogger-image--1733000129.jpg

@Atia, thanks :) I hope to see your Reaver back out soon!

@Olis, I want Titan Choom so bad... also a crazy lightening Gun. i think these both fit Tempestus due to the progressive attitude of the Legio and the proximity to Magma City.

Been working on the Carapace and some other bits. I'm aiming at getting it game ready, rather than complete.

blogger-image--1957574118.jpg

Hopefully will get a large chunk of work done in the next week, as I have some Annual Leave coming up.

@Olis, I want Titan Choom so bad... also a crazy lightening Gun. i think these both fit Tempestus due to the progressive attitude of the Legio and the proximity to Magma City.

I just got hold of an Ordinatus Ulator, and plan on experimenting to see if there is a way to make the Sonic Destructor mountable on both the Ordinatus and on the Warlord Titan Arm. If I can, I figure that It will make a nice basis for a Warlord Titan scale Volkite Cannon.

I just got hold of an Ordinatus Ulator, and plan on experimenting to see if there is a way to make the Sonic Destructor mountable on both the Ordinatus and on the Warlord Titan Arm. If I can, I figure that It will make a nice basis for a Warlord Titan scale Volkite Cannon.

Good call, I might try and mount mine on the reaver carapace.

Update time, been really working hard and having fun on Bellum Ferrum.

The weather was good today so I took him outside.

blogger-image--807719100.jpg

Also, I Started painting the internal details.

blogger-image--992203444.jpg

blogger-image-1845667419.jpg

What do you think?

More work, a different Titan... The Titan fiction writing made me do it!!

Not finished yet, trims need some more work, then seal and wash panels with an oil wash.

blogger-image--1362738736.jpg

blogger-image-1324395680.jpg

blogger-image-1832185619.jpg

blogger-image--464163881.jpg

Any comments welcome.

blogger-image-21516496.jpg

Is it me, or does this titan look like his trousers (or pants, for you Yanks!) have dropped round his ankles? Ive never really noticed that before about the Reavers.

Dont get me wrong though - your modelling skills are fantastic and im highly envious of your collection! It just struck me the instant i saw this picture!

@ Ovidius, I will try but i will split from this thread. If you want to see a (blooming good) build log already complete, check out the WeeMen blog.

http://weemen.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/forge-world-warlord-titan-construction.html

@ Olis, I will, but it will be on the slow burn for a while. I will be building the Lucius pattern head next after finishing the alpha pattern.

@ Enigami, cheers :)

@ fortis, yeah, he's hanging low at the moment. It's probably because theshins are just balanced on the toes and no knee pads.

On to the update, I've finished the Princep of my Reaver Titan, Bellum Ferrum. As yet he is un-named as I stole his original name for the Princep of my Mars Warlord Alpha pattern head.

Legio Tempestus Priceps, sound good with a Roman first name, then a Russian surname. Any ideas for names?

blogger-image-306686873.jpg

blogger-image-1680431721.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Over the weekend I've been building some support Astartes for my Alpha Legion army. First up auto cannons.

blogger-image--1205470093.jpg

These were a jot to build. The parts fit easily with no problems, I think the look good and should make for a nice Killy unit.

Next up missile launchers

blogger-image-1858361756.jpg

The look good,but where a lot trickier than the auto cannons. The right hand needed a bit of filing, the the elbow was file flatter (not flat!) to get the fit right. The targeting cameras are a nice touch.

And finally, everyone loves CHOOM!! Some volkite cavaliers

blogger-image-1328894070.jpg

These were an easy build.

I may build the autocannons and cavaliers into 10 man squads as I have the parts sat in a box. I've also got a set of Volkite Culverins, so far one is built, and other than the cable, this was pretty easy!

Have you tried the new FW weapon sets? What did you think?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived