The Heresy of Col.Hertford, Reaver ready for war

Col.hertford

@ Olis, Choom is life!

@ Macloren and Soric, I mainly loved the autocannons, nearly as much a Choom. Nearly....

@ Jolemai, It's tamiya clear blue Airbrushed over a lead belcher/runefang steel base. Iv gone back and hit a bit of clear green over them (and screwed a model up in the process).

Here's a current army photo.

blogger-image-1966251084.jpg

• 3 months later...

Looks great :)

My problem is that currently, we have no official schemes for the legions support forces, so I couldn't even start without having the feeling of doing them "right" - hope FW will add some of them in the future books (or maybe even with Adeptus Titanicus!). 

The coat on your Skitarii is fantastic and I have never seen anyone else do camo on them like that!

Thanks Reyner, it's based on the Legio Tempestus colours and the scheme a fellow blogger BigJon @ twotitans.blogspot did (except the white helmet which is my interpretation).

Looks great :)

My problem is that currently, we have no official schemes for the legions support forces, so I couldn't even start without having the feeling of doing them "right" - hope FW will add some of them in the future books (or maybe even with Adeptus Titanicus!).

Cheers Atia, Trust me it's not only your problem. It does annoy me they don't show paint test models in the various armies to help us geeks out. Seriously a pack of ten would cover all the blooming legions covered so far! Tbh now, I'm just done waiting. Worst case they are wrong and I repaint or sell. I can't see Tempestus being in another book until either Mars or Terra, so secutarii colours could be a damn long way off. I did toy with red as per Mechanicum and it's mentioned in book 3, but I wanted a coherent force to match my Titans.

Speaking of Titans, I'll just leave this here...

blogger-image--1376836097.jpg

It still needs a little green stuff, but it's pretty much there. The first carapace reaver laser blaster is almost ready too, so I hope to have the weapons build phase finished Shortly.

To attach to the body, I have a 8mm x 20mm rod magnet in the gun and 3x 8mm x 5mm disc magnets in the elbow (???). The total pull force is a bit silly, something like 8.7kg worth of pull for a 600g gun. There is virtually no warble on the joint. I also magnetised the second bellicose and will build this and the other carapace weapon soon.

blogger-image-2128189828.jpg

The dam gun on its end is as tall as a reaver!!!

• 1 month later...

This is the journey of test models for a new force I want to start building. The intention is it will be a force of mkiii marines with a few mkiv as well (at least until the inevitable Mkii get done next year). This is the scheme I have gone for.

blogger-image-2143146638.jpg

I've gone for a darker scheme to more fit the darker role the Vlka Fenrika now have. I tried a number of test models, as the initial test was too dark.

blogger-image--632428566.jpg

These are from left to right base coated with; dawnstone, stormvermin, and eshin grey. I discounted the dawnstone as too light. Interestingly five years ago he would have won hands down as he fits the original Codex Titanicus art work perfectly.

A little while ago, I bought some Mechanicus standard grey and tried this out:

blogger-image-90355107.jpg

And the minis lined up as per the chart:

blogger-image-899583284.jpg

I settled on the middle scheme, Stormvermin, but I may paint a few of the adeptus battle grey too. It will be a pain for vehicles as there is no air brush version. The storm vermin is a more grey/grey, rather than blue/grey of the mechanicus standard grey. More the colour of fur....

The eshin grey marine will be joining my red scorpions as I think it's nailed the artwork in the Forgeworld books. He needs the ochre trim and some black shoulders and the knee repainting.

i have also painted a dreadnought.

blogger-image-875582306.jpg

A second dread is built, and a third is underway.

• 1 month later...

@MosesGunn, I agree completely brother. Both are very effective schemes.

On to the update. I have loads to update so I will be drip feeding a bit, Starting with my current project.

blogger-image--1347404169.jpg

blogger-image--1837906379.jpg

blogger-image-1799692580.jpg

Yes that's right, its Magnus, the Crimson King. I'm using the official GW painting scheme for this.

The long hobby war contiunes...

• 4 weeks later...

@ dogfender, thanks for stopping by, not sure about the base yet. Maybe some dead imperial fists and blood angels? Maybe a custodes? Will definately theme him around Terra. I kinda wish I'd removed the wolf icons before assembly. Another question is do I have lacquered red armour of silver?

Update time. Not Magnus, he still underway, but I've been away, then a bout of illness prevented me from painting.

First up, I was 40 at the start of December. As a combined present I got this...

blogger-image-2055746904.jpg

Looks like legio Mortis will be getting reinforced.

I've been working on some new knights for House Makabius

blogger-image--1176179494.jpg

And I've been working on my Alpha Legion again.

IMG_0850.JPG

This isn't the limit of hobby work, I've been building a lot (including Tempestus Custodii), and will do some group shots over the coming weeks.

Legio Tempestus Warlord Update - January 2017

Today's post is the first in a series of updates on all my 30K projects, and I thought is start with the big one. Recently I really started to work on the torso and here's the model at the moment.

IMG_4677.JPG

As you can see, I've made a bit of progress . The current plan is contiune working on this model steadily through 2017, but he is not currently on the priority list. I learnt a lot from my work on the Reaver Titan, and I will be painting all the armour panels at the same time. So far one shoulder and one arm weapon is built as are the arms.

Hope you like it!

• 3 weeks later...

Your Russ looks really well done. If I may ask, how does he compare size-wise to Magnus? I think it would be pretty cool to see the two of them face off against one another on the tabletop. Keep up the great work.

I think it was karack stone or rakath flesh. wash with agrax. Then dry brush with ushbati bone, screaming skull and pallid wych flesh. The gold is retributor with some highlights of auric. The helm was retributor with a couple of thin coats of Tamika clear red.

Today's post is about my Reaver Titan, Bellator Ferrum. This is a Titan from Legio Tempestus prior to and during the Horus Heresy. Why the post now? Well I want to take this lump of resin up to the weekender. There is a participation game of the new Adeptus Titanicus rules on the Sunday Morning.

Ideally I would take a Warlord, but they are too far from completion. I certainly wouldn't take the Beast, as the puny Warhound will likely die quickly in my unpracticed hands.

So I have since my last post, attached the leg and hip armours. Painted the rear carapace and sealed the front on to the torso. I think one more day and he's game ready. I will still need to weather and oil wash the model later. But I really want transfers...

On to the pictures (sorry for the quality, taken from my iPad)

IMG_0877.JPG

IMG_0880.JPG

Nearly there....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived