Astartes Anti-Air - Hunter AND Stalker

Psykic_scribe

As both the Hunter (Skyspear) and Stalker (Icarus Stormcannons) are provided with the Rhino chassis, I thought that it might be interesting to convert an additional Rhino. So here is a styrene card and rod mod, with photos showing the unpainted conversion parts. I nearly forgot the headlamp blanking plates (parts 21 and 37) but those were quickly fixed (after these pics).

gallery_23461_6457_426729.jpg

And the other side:

Hidden Content
gallery_23461_6457_861514.jpg

The side plates are mounted on the standard external doors, which in turn are magnetised. So I can turn it back into a slightly modified Rhino if more transport units are needed.

Did it save any money over buying two models? Probably not.

Was it interesting to attempt? Somewhat, although I have declined to add any rivets (it’s not that great a model). unsure.png

Was it worth the extra effort? NAH ! sad.png

How did it not save you money? A rhino is only a bit above half the price of the stalker, and you already had that rhino any ways! Seems to me like that was quite worth it and it looks very well done!

Hi Arthanor.

The styrene bits were of several different thicknesses, I didn't have the right styrene rod in stock, some of the parts are filed-down H-beams (a lot of H-beam for some very small parts) and EBay made quite a bit of money out of me on those materials. laugh.png

It also took a lot of time cutting and filing, so my conclusion is that it wasn't worth the effort. Good learning experience but I wouldn't recommend repeating it.

Archived