Gander's Pre-Heresy Death Guard

Ganders

So I've recently joined the 30K revolution and eventually chose the pre-Heresy Death Guard as my legion of choice. Specifically the 11th Chapter of the 6th Great Company of the 14th Legion.

I'm going to use this thread to post what I've done so far and the things I will continue to work on. Any comments and constructive critisisms are welcome.

You can also follow my painting blog on tumblr @ http://helpimthebombardier.tumblr.com/

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii160/gordonayr/tumblr_nvwhrtUFCa1rmmihuo1_1280_zpsgeq2ohh8.jpg

Thanks Willie. Yeah I just went for little or no weathering when I first started my death guard and I liked the look I stuck with it.

I have a Flesh Tearers army that is incredibly weathered and a Grey Knights army that is in factory floor condition so just depends on my mood. (Both in my signature) I do like to make the Death Guard bases particularly grimy and damaged though.

Also the photo effect is from an android app called Photo Studio which was a free app of the day a while ago when amazon did such things.

Thanks for the feedback.

The bases are primed black, then drybrushed with mechanicum grey, then slaanesh grey, then ushabti bone then finally with pallid wych flesh.

I then paint the metal areas with leadbealcher and drybrush them with runefang steel. I also add in any extra colours such as the emperors children's purple shoulder pad in one of them.

They are then given a healthy wash of earthshade. The rust effect is done by stippling boombull brown, then stippling bugmans glow over that then finally stippling fire dragon bright.

And that's it.

Archived