Ultramarines Logos 3000

GreyCrow

Hello girls and boys !

So, I recently reviewed the list idea about the Logos with the help of Ultrabros and tacticians from other Legions and some unconventionnal ideas came to mind. Although it seems a ROW principally for infantry we can argue that it is relatively tank friendly !

Here's a 3000 points list that I'd love if we could discuss on smile.png

Ultramarines 3k points - Logos Mech

HQ.gif

Praetor - Iron Halo, Paragon Blade

Chaplain - Plasma Pistol

Master of Signal

Troops.gif

10 Tactical Marines - Vexilla, Power Sword, Artificer Armour, Rhino

10 Tactical Marines - Vexilla, Power Fist, Artificer Armour, Rhino

10 Tactical Marines - Vexilla, Artificer Armour, Rhino

9 Support Marines - 9 Plasmaguns, Rhino

Elite.gif

5 Suzerains - Land Raider with Armoured Ceramite, Auxiliary Drive, Dozer Blades

HS.gif

10 Fulmentarus - 10 Cyclone ML, 10 Powerfists

3 Predators in a Squadron - 3 Executionners with Lascannons

3000 points on the mark !

So, with the 3 HQs that are Infantry units, I both make it harder for the opponent to score VPs and open up tank options. I have 8 Tanks in the list along with 9 infantry units so the restrictions on vehicles with the Tank type are matched and overall this makes for a mechanized force all around.

The Praetor and Chaplain will join the Suzerains while the Master of Signal will join the Support Squad (obviously tongue.png ). Picked plasma over anything else due to its wide selection of targets of opportunity, while also being able to be relatively mobile and with a decent 24" reach (9 Plasma shots are still nothing to be ashamed of !).

The Fulmentarus' Power Fists might not be the most cost effective upgrade, but on an already expensive squad it's not that big of a difference (7% upgrade on a full squad). I wanted to deter any dedicated assault unit to come and wipe them out. Or if they did, they would suffer more casualties than with a simple Power Maul (beside, if Roboute shameless copied the Tyrants who themselves have Power Fists, might as well go for the extra tribute ! biggrin.png ).

Suzerains are the main melee anti-TEQ unit in the army, but I'm still hesistating to replace them with Terminators with Power/Chainfists for a more generalist engagement profile. Especially if my heavy support gets silence, I'll badly lack S8+ shots if I need them. If I did, I would simply go straight for the Spartan tank for them (in preparation for sir Roboute at 3500 points).

In which case, I might have to drop the Plasmas on the support squad and go for a different weapon to save points, although I really like that loadout !

Finally, I'm not counting on the upgrades for the Tactical Squads very much, they're mainly here for esthetical purposes to differentiate between them and cal the Sergeants out !

C&C welcome smile.png

Thanks man, definitely a valid point to consider ! Especially regarding the Predators (I'd like keeping the Fulmentarus at 10 men, simply to keep Tank Hunters longer in the game :) ).

As a side note, I've also calculated : 10 Terminators with Chainfist in a Spartan with Flare Shield, Armoured Ceramite, Dozer Blades and Auxiliary Drive are "only" 780 points. So by cutting points somewhere I could pick them over the Fulmentarus.

While I like the Fulmentarus a lot, they're the only ones on foot. So I was thinking that they might be taking a lot of flakk early on and die relatively quickly. Plus, although I like the idea of the Suzerains, I'm not super impressed by the strength of their attacks in melee.

Or... wait... Maybe I could buy a Spartan for the Fulmentarus ? If I drop the Chaplain, drop a Predator and reduce the Support Squad size to 5 men, I can fit a Spartan Tank with the full package (Flare Shield, Armoured Ceramite, Dozer Blades and Auxiliary Drive).

Because I was thinking that because the Fulmentarus have Tank Hunters if they are at 5 men, it also applies to their melee Attacks, right (I don't see anything limiting that to the shooting attacks).

So, depending on the deployment, I could either go for shooting at range if I'm facing a melee army or actually have them encased in the Spartan to crash down the enemy lines and be a truly heavy assault unit when I'm facing a gunline. Or hang back with the rest of my squads and pump shots at an assault heavy army.

Not Codex approved, definitely not optimal, but fun to think about :p

Archived