Uveron’s, Renegade and Heretics, Battle Reports

Warsmith Uveron

Greetings all,

My local gaming club has just started an Escalation League that should run until March 2016, for this league I will be using the Renegades and Heretics list from IA:13. Now given the fact that this is a list that isn’t played by many I thought I would create a thread so I can outline my experiences using this army list throughout the next few months.

bl.php?text=The%20Rules%20of%20the%20League&fontsize=25&bg=darkred''

Before I go any further I thought I would outline the League Rules.

Point Levels!!

Month 1 (Nov 15 - Dec 14): 500pts
Month 2 (Dec 15 - Jan 14): 800pts
Month 3 (Jan 15 - Feb 14): 1200pts
Month 4 (Feb 15 - Mar 14): 1500pts

Not a single point over. If you are found to have gone over even a single point, the VPs from that game will be forfeited cause you dun can't count gud.

The Points!
Win with 6+ VP differential: 3pts
Win with 1-5 VP differential: 2pts
Tie: 1pt
Fully Painted by the end of the month (14th): 5pts

Game limitations
You can play each member of the league once per month.

List Structure
Lists are locked in during the month. No alteration is allowed. At the start of the new month, lists can alter slightly. Any upgrades (including adding more models to a unit) can change but the root choice my persist. The only exception is fortification. These can be dropped or changed at the start of the new month. In addition, everyone will receive 1 free unit change at the beginning of each month.

bl.php?text=%20The%20Other%20Forces.%20&fontsize=25&bg=darkred

Along with my R&H army, there will be at least 8 other Players, we have:

Tau, Two Dark Eldar Armys (one Wych Cult, One Heamonculus Coven), Dark Angels, Red Hunters, Orks, Eldar Corsair, Grey Knights, Necrons, Raven Guard..

Quite the mix of opponents.

Other than perhaps the Ork player, I will have the numeric advantage at every point level. Which should help a bit, as it will hopefully appear overwhelming. I think the Eldar army’s will be the ones that will trip me up, as they do have a fair amount of shenanigans that they can pull.

But not worrying to much about these things, as the aim of the league is not to be incredibly competitive, but I do want some close games... As they are the most fun!

bl.php?text=%20Month%201%20(Nov%2015th%20-%20Dec%2014th):%20500pts&fontsize=25&bg=darkred

My planed army list for Month 1 is the following:

Hidden Content

+++ The Iron Bound Privateers (500pts) +++
IMG_20151117_231942958.jpg

++ Renegades and Heretics: IA13 (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) (500pts) ++

+ HQ (120pts) +

Renegade Command Squad (120pts)

[Carapace Armour, Frag and Krak Grenades, Lasguns, Banner of Hate, Command Net Vox, Plasma Gun]

+ Troops (270pts) +

Renegade Infantry Platoon (240pts)

····Platoon Command Squad 15 Renegades, [No-Armour, Lasguns, Frag Grenades, Chaos Sigil, Flamer]

········Demagogue [Carapace Armor]

····Renegade Infantry Squad

········10x Renegade w/ Lasgun [Frag Grenades, Lasgun]

········Renegade Chimera [Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter, 2x Lasgun Arrays, Searchlight, Smoke Launchers]

········10x Renegade w/ Lasgun [Frag Grenades, Lasgun]

········Renegade Chimera [Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter, 2x Lasgun Arrays, Searchlight, Smoke Launchers]

Renegade Mutant Rabble (30pts)

····10x Mutant w/ Autopistol [ Autopistol, Close Combat Weapon, Frag Grenades]

+ Heavy Support (110pts) +

Renegade Artillery Battery (110pts)

····Renegade Medusa [breacher Shells, Heavy Flamer, Medusa Siege Cannon, Searchlight, Smoke Launchers]

This list is broken into 3 sub-detachments.
  1. The Mutants an the Medusa will hold the back of the table, the Medusa is the unit I ‘hope’ that will be doing a lot of the work at this point level. The Mutants will act as a cover save for the tank. I have spent the extra points on the Breacher Shells to give me the 48” threat range.
  2. The second group is the pair of command Squads, these two will move aggressively up the table securing objectives and if possible staying in ruins. The Arch Demagogue (Henceforth called the Captain) and his team should (I hope) keep the Demagogue’s team (Heneforth call the First Mate), from running, with the use of the Banner of Hate. With 15 Lasgun shots I hope the First Mates squad can put down 5 Marines (Math, Says 15 Lasguns will down 1 Marine). As it appears that MSU is the name of the game at this point level.
  3. The final section is the pair of Chimeras with the 10 men inside, The Plan is to use the lasgun arrays for best use, in this list I did not give them the BS3 upgrade, but the plan is to drive them up the table, use the 4 heavy bolters on one target, and then use the arrays to support the Second sections shooting at other targets. It will require some careful placement of the army and I expect that most of my opponents will see past these tricks, but we will see what happens.

For next month I have a basic plan for the jump to 800pts.

• Increase the size of the Mutant squad. Extra Bodies will help for them to be a better tarpit if I want to use them as that.
  • Auto-Cannons in the backs of the Chimera Squads, and a Pair of Flames..
  • Another Medusa…

But otherwise I will see how things play out. I will also be painting up a 3rd Chimera which I think will be for the Captains Command Squad.. but an argument could be made to put it in the 1st mates unit.

Anyway I will update this as I get games in, I will talk about the games and how the Army plays..

I do have some on my Plog, But I will try and get some better ones as soon as I can! 

1st game is scheduled for tomorrow, Grey Kights!   Going to be a very interesting game, The Hord Against the Elite of the Elites.

Edit: Given that Google is becoming a Pain and its harder to pull images from the the site. Here is a Link with some bad ish close ups of the force. LINK!

bl.php?text=GAME%201:%20GREY%20KNIGHTS:%20Pre-Game%20Planning.&fontsize=25&bg=DarkRed''

NOTE: before I go any further, I am trying to make sure both me and my opponents have Fun games, so please keep this in mind when giving any advice

If all goes to plan tomorrow I will be sitting down for my first game against the Grey Knight Player in the league. So I thought I would start to look at my plans for the game, and post them up here for some comment.

This Game will be quite a challenge, looks like the army list I will be facing will be 1 Dread Knight, 1 Librarian and some Paladins. Not sure how exactly the list goes together I expect 4 Paladins, so looking at around 6 models in total.

I will be bringing around 54 models, so that’s about a 1 in 9 ratio… but all his troops will have a 2+ save, whereas mine have no save at all. So he is going to be killing a lot of my troops, but outside of template weapons he will not be killing that many as he will not have that many shots. (Around 10 Bolter Shots, and whatever the DK brings)

The biggest problem I will face is the Dread Knight, currently I have only a few weapons that can hurt this unit. The Medusa, Plasma Gun and the four Heavy Bolters. Just using the 4 heavy bolters it will take 18 turns of average luck to kill the Knight. Whereas targeting the Paladins will all the Lasguns at close range it will take 5 turns to wipe them out. So, the Siege Gun will be key in tipping the odds, and I think that I should ignore the Dread Knight initially, it is going to kill a lot of my army but I cannot shoot it off the table at the moment, but taking out the Paladins will be easier and net me about the same advantage.

I think I can win if I focus on the objectives. I have a lot of Objective Secured Units, so that’s the plan. Going to hope for Contact Lost, or Deadlock as I should have the extra advantage with these missions. I will be pushing for Night-fighting as I will benefit from the cover saves. (He will always have his 5++)..

Now as for General traits, for this game it will have to be something from the main rule book, (I think Tactical to help me maximize my chance of pushing a win). I will be aiming for Well-Prepared, Master of Fate and Lead by Example.

I did ponder taking a trait from Strategic, Master of Ambush, Conqueror of Cities are both useful for keeping me alive, and out deploying them. But I have a much better chance of getting the result I want from Tactical Traits than Strategic despite the fact that Conqueror of Cites will give me a much bigger edge, the chance of rolling something poor is much much higher.

So I think the battle plan, will be to keep distance with the Grey Kights if I can. Focus fire on the Paladins and try and secure more objectives. I expect he will try and take out the Medusa ASAP so I need to keep it safe in deployment, bubble wrap it. Expect it to have one shot and hope that its Pie Plate can remove some Paladins, so that in future turns I can turn the gun to the Dread Knight if it survives.

Now there is a chance that he will not have the Dread Knight, and have some MEQ’s instead. It should make life simpler as the Las/Autoguns stand a chance to kill them, and the Heavy Bolters will make a much bigger impact.

Anyway, hopeful this time tomorrow I will update everyone with the results of the game. If anyone has any advice please let me know!

Yeah, let the Medusa pound the Paladins first (if he brings any). The Dreadknight will be a major hassle, but a Dreadknight alone can't win the game. Ignore it and focus on the rest.

Keep in mind that massed small-caliber fire is great for bringing down TEQ. Given that you're BS2 and S3 vs. T4, and practically won't have all guns in range, I see how you can't be too optimistic about it. But, anyway, he'll roll a couple of 1s at some point.

Keep us posted.

bl.php?text=GAME%201:%20Grey%20Knights:%20Post%20Game%20Review&fontsize=25&bg=DarkRed''

Overview, the Game was a Draw, but it was a blast. I was tense and sure I was going to lose for 99% of it.

The Renegades were a very fun army to play. Clearly have some places that my list needs to be Improved, massive props to my opponent who played a very tactical game.

Anyway about the game.

Game Set-UP

We played Maelstrom of War ‘Cloak and Dagger’… though we forgot about the whole keeping our objectives underwraps part! We played on a 4’ by 4’ table as it was a 500pt game. (The Custom in our Gaming Club)

My Opponents list was very close to what I expected last night.

• 1 Librarian, (Terminator Amour: Key Powers were Sanctuary & Cleansing Flame)
  • 5 Terminators
  • 1 Dread Knight (With Personal Teleporter and Heavy Psycannon)

He was using the Nemesis Strike Force FOC, and had the First to the Fray warlord Trait.

gallery_63905_11231_64866.jpg

For my Force, I rolled the ‘Well Prepared’ General Trait, and my Mutants got ‘Horns, Claws and Fangs’. So they would have to charge if an opponent was within 12, but did Hammer of Wrath hits when they charge (and +1 S at that as well).

gallery_63905_11231_1329529.jpg

The Game:

I won the roll of and took the first turn, I expected null deployment so the plan was to aggressively secure as many objectives as I could, with the extra Tactical Objective Card my hope was to get 4 VP before the first Grey Knight was on the table. I placed my Medusa in some woods and surrounded it with the Mutants. The two Chimeras aimed themselves at two objectives, and the Command Squad (without the Captain, who joined one of the platoon squads) sat in a ruin to try and bring the plasma gun to target as much of the table as possible.Seeing this my Opponent placed his Dread Knight in some ruins to make sure I did not have a complete control over the whole table. But anyway this was for naught as he Seized!

He dropped his Terminators down within nova range of my huge blob, and his Dread Knight made the 30” leap to behind the Medusa, the Nova went off and killed 6 Renegades; the Terminators then ran to make themselves less of a pie plate target. The Dread Knight destroyed the Heavy Flamer on the Medusa.

In my turn I moved on two a number of objectives to get some victory points, but tried to get every weapon into range of the terminators. (all but the Mutants, who moved to surround the Dread Knight). Everything then shot at the Terminators and 3 of them died, the Mutants charged the Dread Knight putting 1 wound on it, (one of them were killed).

The following turns the Terminators moved to wipe out the Medusa in close combat, but then over the next three turns were slowly overwhelmed by small-arms fire. The Mutants held the Dread Knight in place until top of turn 4. (5 rounds of CC!). They then final are killed off by the Nova from the Librarian, when Knight then shoot and 'shakes' on of the Chimeras, I then shoot everything I have at the Librarian (apart from the Plasma Gun that’s now out of range) and he finally dies.

The dread Knight then destroys the crippled Chimera, then in turn 5 my other Chimera makes a mad dash to an objective scoring me 2 Victory Points. The rest of my army shoots at the Dread Knight; and he takes 1 wound. At this point I would have won if the game ended… but it didn’t

In turn 6 he managed to explode the Last Chimera whose resulting explosion took out 15 Renegades, leaving my Captain to face the assault of the Dread Knight, unsurprisingly he died. Giving him another VP.. I was unable to score in my turn and the game ended in a Tie.

Post-Game thoughts:

I made a number of mistakes.

• I thought for some reason for most of the game that S3 could not hurt T6… It meant I did not try and roll for CC attacks with the Mutants when I should! Doubtful they would have done any damage… but.
  • In the last turn I became caught up with the idea of killing the Dread knight with small arms, I should have had my Captain run like hell away.. (Into his deployment zone for line breaker would have been best)

But my opponent knew what he was doing, he had very good model placement. Kept his army away from the Plasma Gun, and neutralized the Siege Gun very quickly (letting it fire only once). The star unit was the mutants. Holding up the Knight for the opening of the game allowed me to take bite sized chunks out of the army.

A very fun game, Great Opponent.. Very fun army list to use.

More photos of my Renegades can be seen on my WIP Plog.

bl.php?text=Game%202:%20Dark%20Angels&fontsize=25&bg=DarkRed

Tomorrow I have my second League game against a Dark Angels army. This Game should be good fun, it’s the first I am playing at my home table in a very long time, and should be a more relaxed game than the last against the Grey Knights.

The Dark Angels player is running a unbound list, based around Tactical Marines with a Plasma Cannon, Assault Marines with 3 Plasma Pistols, and a Unit of Devastators with Lascannons. Should be about 20 Marines, so I should have about 2.5 guys for each of his, which is not the 1 in 3 that I think I need to outnumber Power Armored foes. He is going to be able to put out a lot more shooting than the Grey Knights did, but they are quite assault’ish, and will be able to put me in a world of pain if I engage them in CC.

He also has enough units to be a threat on objectives, but as he is unbound I will have the edge. So tactically I will run with the same core battle plan as I did last week, Keep distance, Focus Fire, Bubble Wrap my Tanks. General Traits: Tactical I think, I do want to try the ones from the IA:13 but I need to tool my commander out a bit more for CC to make them useful. I may also not have my troops start in the tanks, with the amount of Plasma about they can very quickly hurt the tanks, so using there firepower is more important than protecting their Cargo.

Going to be a very interesting game..

Best of luck, Uveron. The lascannon Devastators sound scary. You have a lot of AV12 on the table and you can't really out-range them. I'd advise to focus your fire on the Devastators first. 

Keep us posted.

I have basicly decided that the tanks are going to die! The Plan is simple... not put anything in them and use them to screen the Medusa.. He can only shoot at one target per turn. So I think that's an OK trade off until I can overwhelm them with bodies..  

bl.php?text=Game%202:%20Tau%20-%20Lets%20try%20again%20&fontsize=25&bg=DarkRed

So the things happened today and I was unable to get the game in against the Dark Angels. It happens still plenty of time to get that game in. Ah well. But I have another game planned for today and as long as this winter storm isn’t so bad I should be facing the Tau.

The Tau player is running a CAD. He has a Fireblade with 10 Fire Warriors, 10 Kroot Carnivores. And then 2 Stealth Suits with a Markerdrone and a GhostKeel… Should be a very interesting Game. So for the strategy for this game. One Shoot up the Kroot and the Fire Warriors with the heavy guns. Try and get the Ghostkeel into close combat… (Tricky, but possible)

It’s going to take quite a bit of shooting to bring down the GhostKeel, but it should be possible if I can focus small arms on it (and be within 12’). To be honest I haven’t played the Tau a huge amount, so I could be missing something critical, but it should be a fun game!

Lets hope the Ice Storm isn’t too bad

bl.php?text=Game%202:%20Tau%20After%20Action%20report!&fontsize=25&bg=DarkRed

Despite the Ice and a loss of Power I got my second game in this league this afternoon.

A very fun game against a player who was just learning to use the new Tau Codex, and with me having some very hot dice, I was able to steal a win…

Game Set-up

We played Maelstorm of War, ‘Contact Lost’. (Though we did draw to many cards on the first turn), We played on a 4’ by 4’ table as it was a 500pt game. (Again the Custom in our Gaming Club). The Tau List can be seen in the above post, not sure what warlord Trait he had… I don’t think it came into play.

The Renegades once again got the ‘Well Prepared’ General Trait, and my Mutants rolled up ‘Unnatural Sences’ (Scout + Acute Senses, But Heavy, Blast and Barrage count as having the Blind Special Rule!).

The Game:

I won the roll and took the first turn, I set to be able to rush the Chimeras up the table to grab objectives, the Medusa in a wood, the Large Infantry Platoon on an objective in the center of my lines. And the command squad holding the flank in a ruin. He placed his fire warriors in a large ruin opposite my Medusa, his Kroot in a wood on the opposite side of his deployment zone, and then he infiltrated his stealth team into some woods near the center of the table.

He failed to Seize and I went first. I drew some good tactical objectives Including, Hold the Line, and secure an objective I had my main infantry blob 4” away from. So that squad moved forward and the rest of the force held tight. The Medusa shot at the fire warriors in the Ruins and was able to kill one of them... The rest of the army unleashed a whole pile of fire on the stealth team killing one of them. I scored two VP’s

His turn he moved his Ghostkeel down the table, and other than that everything held fast (as he also drew tactical objectives forcing him to stay back). Most of his firepower was out of range, but he was able to put a hull point of damage on one of the Chimeras, and kill a member of the command squad.

Turn 2, I pushed forward with one of the squads in the Chimeras trying to close on the GhostKeel. Again for tactical objectives I drew cards for objectives I already controlled so I was at no advantage to close into short range with the Tau. The Medusa shot and missed the Firewarriors again, the rest of the army opened up on the stealth team removing them from the table. (With some very poor dice rolls for saves, 6 wounds and 3 fails!). I scored 3 victory points, 1 for first Blood, another for an objective.. And another for Recon. The Tau then pushed the Ghost Keel onto one flank, and was able to destroy a heavy bolter on the Chimeria. He then scores 2 more objectives…

Turn 3, I rush 10 renegades at the Ghost Keel, and the mostly dead Chimera. I move the Medusa forward to bring it into range of the Kroot, and the other large squad try’s to move close to the Ghost Keel but I roll snake eyes for difficult terrane move. It’s at this point the mutants show up, they run on near the firewarrors and try and hide in the basement of the ruin they are in (hoping for a charge next turn) The Medusa shells the Kroot killing 3 of them. The rest of the army shoot at the Ghost Keel, and score 1 wound. I once again score 2 VP’s for the two objectives in the back of my table. In the Taus turn the fire warriors move to get into a firing position against the mutants, the Ghost Keel shoots and misses my Chimeria as does the Kroot. But the Firewarriors wipe out the Mutants. But he is able to score another objective.

gallery_63905_11231_1204522.jpg

As we head into turn 4 I have 7vp’s, and he has 5.

Turn 4, I once again chase after the GhostKeel with the renegades squad that got out the Chimeria a few turns ago, The Medusa moves up the table to get in some woods and secure an objective. Everything ells moves closer to the GhostKeel. The Medusa once again misses with its shot on the Kroot, the Chimerias though kill 2 kroot in the woods, (First run of crazy luck in the game, 9 Heavy Bolter shots at BS2.. 5 hit, 4 wound 2 fail saves).. Everything else’s shoots at the GhostKeel for no effect. I then assault it with the 7 Renegades on foot, they do nothing and neither does it.. I score another VP for an objective secured by the Medusa.

The Tau firewarriors then shoot up the Medusa immobilizing it, and shaking it, The Kroot then join in the assault with the GhostKeel and simultaneously on I3 the Kroot and Renegades wipe each other out. Which is my second run of crazy luck, (14 attacks, hits on 4’s, wounds on 4’s, 7 wounds.. Kroot fail all saves!)

Turn 5, I focus as much fire as I can on the fire warriors, I kill 2. But that’s. I score 2 victory points from tactical objectives. And then in his turn his Ghostkeel finishes off the Medusa and the game ends.

Final Score is 10 to 5.. Which is not too bad.

Post-Game thoughts:

I made a number of poor choices, but mostly I was quite happy with the game.

The first mistake I made was that I was not aggressive with the outflanking mutants, I should have used their guns, but as they have pistols and CCW’s I wanted to get them in assault, which doesn’t happen when outflanking. Need to think of how I will best use that mutation in the future.

I also spent too much time trying to kill the Ghost Keel, in many respects it was the same as the DreadKnight from the last game, a T5 Monster with a 2+ save. I just do not have the amount of High S shots to bring it down in a good way. And while Lasguns can do it... I need to get the guys in position a lot better. It would have been a very different game if the tactical objectives had forced us to play aggressive, but I was able to keep parts of his army at arm’s length. Which is key in any victory.

As for a star unit? Not sure nothing jumped out as amazing though the whole game. The Medusa was a disappointment, the Chimeras can put out an impressive amount of firepower when something gets within 12” but I could not give anything a ‘Broadside’ because of the fear of the Fire warriors in the ruins keeping my tanks pinned in many ways.

I still found the list to be good fun to play, but today I did start to think that I need to spend more points on upgrades.

Anyway Till Next Time!

bl.php?text=A%20Matter%20for%20Debate&fontsize=25&bg=DarkRed

The question I have started running through my mind is how to expand my list into the 800pt version.

Under the Cut is the current Planned list:

Hidden Content

+++ Escalation 2 (780pts) +++

++ Renegades & Heretics: IA13 (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) (780pts) ++

+ HQ (200pts) +

Renegade Command Squad (200pts) [Carapace Armour]
····Arch Demagogue [Carapace Armour, Frag Grenades, Lasgun, No Chaos Covenant, Warlord]
····Disciple w/ Banner of Hate [banner of Hate, Close Combat Weapon, Frag Grenades, Lasgun]
····Disciple w/ Command Net Vox [Close Combat Weapon, Command Net Vox, Frag Grenades, Lasgun]
····Disciple w/ Lasgun [Close Combat Weapon, Frag Grenades, Lasgun]
····Disciple w/ Plasma Gun [Close Combat Weapon, Frag Grenades, Plasma Gun]
····Renegade Chimera [Autocannon, Camo Netting, Heavy Bolter, 2x Lasgun Arrays, Militia Training, Searchlight, Smoke Launchers]

+ Troops (325pts) +

Renegade Infantry Platoon (295pts)
····Platoon Command Squad
········Demagogue [Close Combat Weapon, Frag Grenades, Lasgun]
········11x Renegade w/ Lasgunl [Lasgun, Close Combat Weapon, Frag Grenades]
········Renegade w/ Chaos Sigil [ Close Combat Weapon, Frag Grenades, Lasgun]
········2x Renegade w/ Flamer [ Close Combat Weapon, Flamer, Frag Grenades, Lasgun]
········Autocannon Team [Autocannon, Close Combat Weapon T, Frag Grenades T, Laspistol]
········2x Renegade w/ Flamer [Close Combat Weapon, Flamer, Frag Grenades, Laspistol]
········6x Renegade w/ Laspistol [Close Combat Weapon, Frag Grenades, Laspistol]

········Renegade Chimera [Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter, 2x Lasgun Arrays, Militia Training, Searchlight, Smoke Launchers]

········Autocannon Team [Autocannon, Close Combat Weapon T, Frag Grenades T, Laspistol]
········2x Renegade w/ Flamer [Close Combat Weapon, Flamer, Frag Grenades, Laspistol]
········6x Renegade w/ Laspistol [Close Combat Weapon, Frag Grenades, Laspistol]

········Renegade Chimera [Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter, 2x Lasgun Arrays, Militia Training, Searchlight, Smoke Launchers]

····5x Mutant w/ Autopistol [Autopistol, Close Combat Weapon, Frag Grenades]
····5x Mutant w/ Laspistol [Close Combat Weapon, Frag Grenades, Laspistol]

+ Fast Attack (45pts) +

Renegade Salamander Squadron (45pts)
····Renegade Salamander [Heavy Bolter, Heavy Flamer, Searchlight, Smoke Launchers]

+ Heavy Support (210pts) +

Renegade Artillery Battery (105pts)
····Renegade Medusa [Heavy Flamer, Medusa Siege Cannon, Searchlight, Smoke Launchers]

····Renegade Medusa [Heavy Flamer, Medusa Siege Cannon, Searchlight, Smoke Launchers]

To summarize the changes:

• Adding a second Medusa, and removing the breacher shells on the first Gun. (As I have yet to use the Shells and do not think it’s worth the 5 points).
  • Adding a Salamander Scout in Fast Attack. (Not upgrading to a Autocannon, as I have decided that with BS 2 the Heavy Flamer works better).
  • Adding a Chimera to the command Squad. (Spending a bit more on this one, as it’s the ‘Command Tank’.
  • Adding Auto-Cannons to the two Infantry Squads that ride in the Chimera.
  • Adding a pair of flamers to all the Infantry Squads.

So I currently have 20 points, Left over...

Need advice on what people would do to change up this list, so please let me know what you guys think / or things you would change up differently. I may drop the Salamander for more upgrades and mutants. (As I havent even brought the parts for the Salamander yet)

I like the Idea of Mutants, but currently at 800pts I think I have a lot of troops. Not sure if I need to add any more, But I could pick up another 6 I suppose with the spare points. 

Now Warlord Devotions, I like the idea of the Arch Heretic, but its 25pts.. so would have to find another 5 points, but Zelot and a Chaos Devotion is quite cool.. and would make him quite a buff for a unit in CC... something I will contemplate. (I was going to go with Blood-handed Reaver) 

Thanks for the thoughts.

Your welcome. I'm thinking of going Arch Heretic myself as it's quite nice and makes the random LD issue less of a issue

Ok. On this point, I am dooming myself I know. BUT let me expaing how I think the Random LD issue is not a Issue.

The trick is the Command Squad. 

They are already Fanatics, and have a IC in there (So you get 2 rolls of 2d6, and then the unit uses the best LD) and then using a command Vox and the banner of hate all units with 12" get to use that leadership and test on 3D6, And also first Platoon Command Squad's Demagogue is also a Fanatic so that squad gets 2d6+4 for there LD so you have a unit that operate outside of the zone, I also have the Icon as well so they ignore the first test of the turn, so they are quite resistant.. (and also I plan on adding a Command Vox to that unit, and a Enforcer soon as well to add in a second point of leadership control)

Your welcome. I'm thinking of going Arch Heretic myself as it's quite nice and makes the random LD issue less of a issue

Ok. On this point, I am dooming myself I know. BUT let me expaing how I think the Random LD issue is not a Issue.

The trick is the Command Squad.

They are already Fanatics, and have a IC in there (So you get 2 rolls of 2d6, and then the unit uses the best LD) and then using a command Vox and the banner of hate all units with 12" get to use that leadership and test on 3D6, And also first Platoon Command Squad's Demagogue is also a Fanatic so that squad gets 2d6+4 for there LD so you have a unit that operate outside of the zone, I also have the Icon as well so they ignore the first test of the turn, so they are quite resistant.. (and also I plan on adding a Command Vox to that unit, and a Enforcer soon as well to add in a second point of leadership control)

Good point lol I completely forgot that

Ok

Another possible list for some discussion, as I am having some issues with painting currently, I am not sure I will get the Salamander sorted before the 15th of the month.

SO following is the Alternate list:

Hidden Content

+++ Escalation 2.5 (800pts) +++

++ Renegades & Heretics: IA13 (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) (800pts) ++

+ HQ (225pts) +

Renegade Command Squad (200pts) [Carapace Armour]
····Arch Demagogue [Carapace Armour, Frag Grenades, Lasgun, No Chaos Covenant, Warlord] [/b]
····Disciple x4 Banner of Hate, Command Net Vox, Plasma Gun, Shotgun.

····Renegade Chimera [Autocannon, Camo Netting, Heavy Bolter, 2x Lasgun Arrays, Militia Training, Searchlight, Smoke Launchers] [/b]

Renegade Enforcers Cadre (25pts)
····Enforcer [Close Combat Weapon, Flak Armour, Laspistol]

+ Troops (365pts) +

Renegade Infantry Platoon (335pts)

····Platoon Command Squad [Krak Grenades for Squad]
········Demagogue [Carapace Armour, Close Combat Weapon, Frag Grenades, Lasgun]
········14x Renegade w/ Autopistols, 1 Chaos Sigil, x2 Flamer

····Renegade Infantry Squad [Krak Grenades for Squad]

········Renegade Chimera [Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter, Lasgun Arrays, Militia Training, Searchlight, Smoke Launchers]

····Renegade Infantry Squad [Krak Grenades for Squad]

········Renegade Chimera [Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter, Lasgun Arrays, Militia Training, Searchlight, Smoke Launchers]

····5x Mutant w/ Autopistol [Autopistol, Close Combat Weapon, Frag Grenades]
····5x Mutant w/ Laspistol [Close Combat Weapon, Frag Grenades, Laspistol]

+ Heavy Support (210pts) +

Basically for this list is the same as the last one with the following changes

• Removing the Salamander Scout
  • Adding Krak Grenades to the Infantry squads,
  • Adding in an enforcer to help with LD issues..

This change helps my normal units fight the Monstrous Creatures that I have been facing, and adding the enforcer helps me operate a unit outside of the 12’ bubble of the command squad. 

(note: going to edit these lists into a more reable format here in the next day or so when I have a slow moment at work)

IMO the krak grenades are worth it. Be sure to announce which squads are carrying kraks, remind you opponent that they are on every man in your gigantic squad, and watch them avoid that squad with their MC for the whole game. R&H have a large mind game aspect to their gameplay. Its easy to make a unit sound more scary than it actually is.

Archived