FreeBlade is out (with special guest)

JeffTibbetts

Hey all! I've been eagerly awaiting the game's release, and the wait is now over for iOS users.

The best part? My Queen Bee is right up there as an unlockable skin, right next to names like Amaranthine and Gerantius. I'll post a screenshot in a bit. Go download it and have fun!

Hey all! I've been eagerly awaiting the game's release, and the wait is now over for iOS users.

The best part? My Queen Bee is right up there as an unlockable skin, right next to names like Amaranthine and Gerantius. I'll post a screenshot in a bit. Go download it and have fun!

That is so ultimately cool. Severe well done to you!

Here she is!

gallery_74115_9011_14371.jpg

So, it's obviously not a 1 for 1 adaptation, but it's not too bad. She's been cleaned up a lot, and her it's not really a half-and-half scheme like the real deal. I guess the way they did the customization engine precluded that. Her shield looks great, though. :D

I haven't unlocked her for real yet, but I'll take a lot more pics and write up a blog post later. For now I'm excited to see her listed there.

That's awesome. And the variation is minimal given the intention and of course the limitations of the way they set up the knight painter...

Congrats, I guess that means your knight is cannon!

Wow. I never thought about that... I wondered if I'll see a spike in web searches for her. How cool would it be if she somehow made it into a fluff blurb or something?! 

Jeff!

That's so awesome, dude. I'm so happy to see your passion project digitally immortalized :biggrin.:

Thanks, Flint. Thanks again for helping to put in a word for me with the PixelToys peeps. I'm sure it helped! 

Well, this is a sanctioned product no?

Which would make your knight canon, at least as canon as any of the other sanctioned products correct?

Yeah, it's sanctioned. I had to sign some paperwork and all that. It just never occurred to me that it would occupy the same space as some of the famous Knights of the fluff. That's really cool to think about. 

I've been loosely following and very lightly skim-reading the News thread, so I thought the whole Queen Bee thing was just a few people joking around.

I had no idea (actually, I still don't know what's going on really), but wow. Congrats on your DIY concept joining the ranks of 40k canon. That's really amazing.

If this thing ever goes Android, I'll be sure to take her out for a stroll.

This is fantastic! It is the dream of many a hobbyist to find their army or model brought into the universe!

There have been a few over the years. The Howling Griffins were probably the first, they were the personal army of one of the original rogue trader playtesters, though I can't remember which. Look at them now.

You've joined a long line of elite hobbyists! Congrats!

I can't wait for the first time I see a work in progress "Queenbee from Freeblade" in the WIP forum.

I've been loosely following and very lightly skim-reading the News thread, so I thought the whole Queen Bee thing was just a few people joking around.

I had no idea (actually, I still don't know what's going on really), but wow. Congrats on your DIY concept joining the ranks of 40k canon. That's really amazing.

If this thing ever goes Android, I'll be sure to take her out for a stroll.

Haha. Yeah, it's the Knight I painted up. I was joking around with some people here and on Twitter, and we decided to start a campaign to get her added to the game. Needless to say, a lot of people joined in (I consider her something of a Bolter and Chainsword community project) and they actually took us up on the offer. We used a couple of hashtags on Twitter, and some folks (like Flint and Kraut Scientist) took it even further with blog posts of their own and emails to the company. To make a long story short, I've been working with them for months, sending a bunch of pics and making sure everything was kosher, and today I got to see her in the game itself. Quite an accomplishment for a lot of us folks. 

This is fantastic! It is the dream of many a hobbyist to find their army or model brought into the universe!

There have been a few over the years. The Howling Griffins were probably the first, they were the personal army of one of the original rogue trader playtesters, though I can't remember which. Look at them now.

You've joined a long line of elite hobbyists! Congrats!

I can't wait for the first time I see a work in progress "Queenbee from Freeblade" in the WIP forum.

I had no idea the Howling Griffons were a fan project. That's really cool. 

And yes, it would amaze and delight me to see someone else paint their Knight in her colors. I doubt it would happen, but I love the idea that a bunch of people will see her in-game that have never seen my project at all. I suppose lots of folks on Dakka Dakka and Warseer have never seen her, since I don't post there. 

Archived