FreeBlade is out (with special guest)

JeffTibbetts

When you say wait, do you mean how long until you have one of your own? I had one that I got at total random around lvl 50 but it paled in comparison to my battle cannon. I think some/most of those fancy weapons are awarded for winning events or spending real money.

I don't remember it appearing in the story arc at all sadly. No weapons are particularly featured as rewards if I recall correctly...maybe the power fist? Not totally sure.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently teetering around 100th place in PvP, top 1%. I got to 30th at one point but holy nuts those people must play the game all day every day to rack up those kind of points totals. Or there's better matches when you have loyalty points (ie. spend money). I have 7k+ points and the people in the top 10 have tens of thousands more than I.

Just wait until you get to the Bloodthirster Jolemai!

The moment you can see the Knight lay it out with your weapons. Sometimes I kill the jerks without them even taking a step. It's all pre-programmed movements, starting spots, and there's like two maps from different angles; learn them and prosper.

Ultimately though my Knight has all legendary 385+ wargear so most things I shoot die quick. That's part of my success as well :lol:

So I noticed that some of the top players from the PvP season that just ended all had very low item wargear mixed in among high level weapons. That might be key to consistent high-point level matches, but ultimately you have to play the absolute :cuss out of the game to get anywhere. I figure I average 200 points every 5 matches, and that takes me about 5 minutes to do. I finished last season just shy of 10k points around 130th and the person in 1st had just over 90k points. 

I just don't understand how it can happen!

What's the trick to PVP? I never really got the hang of it but you guys make it sound so easy like you can't lose. Is there something simple I'm missing?

Having just discovered a gauntlet, I'm never using a Chainsword for PvP again as it's much easier to land a critical hit.

I also use a battle cannon and carapace weapon to get the fury up.

I use a Gatling cannon, melta gun and missile pod to be the easiest way of splatting the pvp. Use the cannon to kill small enemies to raise your fury meter, while taking potshots at the other knight as soon as you can with the melta. Once you've got it in your sights properly, launch missiles then keep hammering it with the melta as it manoeuvres towards you. If anybody gets to charge into melee it's a rarity.

I think for PVP either some of these people are exploiting, or they play around the clock. I've finished high, but I think even going at it for a bit every day putting in a PVP session I only finished 200th. 

That's about 30-45mins a day, no losses. That puts me several thousand points behind the top players. I have no idea how they do it.

^ straight goods man. There's gotta be a trick to it, I rarely even shoot at the baddies all around any more and same as you am tens of thousands of points behind still.

As for loadout I've been holding it down with a battle cannon, meltagun, rocket launcher (whichever of the rocket/missile options fires more shots), and recently a chainsword. My melee weapon is so rarely used, specially in PvP, but I have this one because it significantly boosts my Knight's power stat and that pleases me.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, man! It's been a surreal experience, to say the least. The B&C community really deserves all the praise here, though. Were it not for folks keeping me inspired and on-track, calling out mistakes, offering suggestions... She would still be sitting half finished on my shelf. On top of that, you folks also helped with the push to get her in the game. Basically this one's a group effort. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had no idea this forum existed, haha.  I've been playing this game for a couple weeks, I think I'm almost done with the "story" but I'm only around level 40.  I find pvp fun but definitely can't kill knights before getting into combat!  My success in pvp is fully dependent on crits from my gauntlet.  Do they release new stuff for this at any kind of reasonable rate?  If not, I'm not really sure how long I'll keep playing it.

• 1 month later...

Just a heads up, this game is now available in Windows 10 store......hopefully it becomes play anywhere in the future...

If they don't release a new campaign the game has pretty well run its course in my life.

Archived