FreeBlade is out (with special guest)

JeffTibbetts

I got a lightning cannon today from a valor chest and was...underwhelmed. It doesn't do well versus armor, and I've aimed it right at a mob of boyz in multiplayer and half of them lived...it doesn't arc well either.

Of course, I may be using it wrong (though it's a lvl 186), but has anyone else used them and found them not worth the rarity? (Now thunderstrike gauntlets, they're good. Real cool. Totally worth the rarity.)

I've never found a weapon combo to beat my Gatling cannon/melta gun/missile launcher setup. Lightning cannon looks kind of cool, but even at top level you're looking at multiple bursts to down most targets. Where it's useful are on those missions where it's difficult to hit enemies due to intervening terrain. It will happily arc onto targets you can't see.

• 3 months later...

WELCOME TO VERSION 5.0

GRAVITON WEAPON

The devastating new Graviton Gun is here! Crush the Imperium's enemies under the weight of their own heresy.

BASTION LIVERY

Unlock multiplayer to receive the Bastion Livery! The winning entry to the Freeblade Customisation Competition.

• 3 months later...

I've had some time to play around with the game on the Apple TV, and while the controls are interesting I think you'd struggle to really play to your usual ability. It's not a bad way to bust out some Patrol missions if you're grinding them to unlock the next section of the main play through missions. Similarly, it's a GREAT way to check in and pick up your daily rewards, try out a new paint scheme, check the Forge, etc. If you're trying to really complete a mission, though, I think you need the better controls of a phone or tablet. I'm glad it exists, though, and it synced my progress with no hassles at all. 

I got the Styrix because it's cool looking. No idea if there are any in-game effects but I'm sure it's got boosted stats. I dropped a decent amount of real money because I've been enjoying this game for ages, mostly for free. I figured it was time to reward PixelToys for continuing to support it so well. 

• 3 months later...

Yeah! I've been enjoying them. I'm on a mission to get all orange valor items, and that's pretty much keeping me in the game. I've never ever put as much time into a game as I have with this one, let alone a mobile title. 

I enjoy this game for about a week every few months. More than that is just too repetitive though. I feel like I'm grinding in an MMO but I'm the only one playing...

Yeah, high level meltas are amazing. I'm still trying to get an orange-level helmet for multiplayer, but after that I'll start gunning for the best melta I can get. I use a grav gun right now but I can do better. 

• 2 weeks later...

How do you use the graviton gun though? Just hold the button down and sweep it in lines?

As for the main weapon, I'm using the lightning cannon more and more as it's great for racking up the multiplier.

How do you use the graviton gun though? Just hold the button down and sweep it in lines?

As for the main weapon, I'm using the lightning cannon more and more as it's great for racking up the multiplier.

Yes, just basically hose them down. And yeah the lightning cannon is solid overall. Great against infantry, but doesn't punch as hard against vehicles. I like it for rooting out hard-to-see infantry since it auto-targets. 

Archived