FreeBlade is out (with special guest)

JeffTibbetts

This is such an incredible accomplishment. Nothing but the highest praise for you, it really says a lot about you as a hobbyist and even more about this forum and the people involved with it. Congratulations!

Getting the Queen Bee in is awesome - congratulations. 

You are indeed joining a long and prestigious list. One of the Shadowguard's commanders even made it into a previous GW DA codex, so you are in very good company. :)

Has anybody else had the game go blank? I was progressing pretty well, signed in via game centre to play the daily quest thing, and the game now shows just a blank screen that I'm not able to exit. Tried just tapping the screen, but all that achieved was to bring up a window asking me to confirm I wanted to buy 5000 ore...

Hope it's not a permanent death, this is quite a fun game.

I've not seen that, Stercus. In fact I've been surprised how few bugs there seem to be. The closest thing I've seen to a bug was one time, some boyz got stuck in a building and I couldn't shoot them, and the level wouldn't progress without killing them. The only reason I knew they were there is my missile pod homes in on targets and that's what it was trying to attack. Splash damage wasn't getting in, either. I restarted the mission and it was totally fine. 

It's ok, I fixed it. Deleted the app, then reloaded from the cloud, it's like it never happened.

I'm now stomping merrily around toting an auxiliary meltagun that's almost twice as powerful as my battle cannon. Good times.

Edit: scratch that. It's now pumping out more than twice the damage of my primary weapon.

I streamed a little bit of this on Twitch if anyone is interested in gameplay. I guess the sound didn't record for some reason? It seemed like it was recording just fine so I'm not sure what's up with that. I'll mess with it later.

Anyway, the graphics are a bit down sampled and it's a smoother framerate on the phone, but this will give you an impression what the missions are like. Feel free to skip around a bit, as there was a fair bit of menu time and waiting for my machine to be repaired. 

Here's the link:

http://www.twitch.tv/jefftibbetts/v/26847748

Some tips.

For Score:

Whenever both Infantry and Armor show up, kill the Infantry first to up your Killstreak Multiplier before taking out the Armor.

For Speed:

Some units, you don't have to kill, your Knight will continue to walk past them. But there are certain units that you have to kill before your Knight will walk past. Identify and focus on the latter (they usually have little rings around their base if you haven't killed them and your Knight is "waiting"). Also, kill big stuff quickly by shooting instead of close combat.

Regarding Forging:

Always maintain 2 Chainswords, reason being that at some point you'll have to break down your old Chainsword and reforge a new one (instead of just upgrading), but it won't let you do so if it's your only Chainsword.

Regarding aiming with your main gun:

When you tap and hold with your two fingers, you can keep your fingers wide apart. The reticule will target your finger that is higher up on the screen. You can even be firing your sub weapon and then tap and hold your second finger.

Regarding aiming with your sub gun:

The reticule will always target slightly higher then where you tapped.

Regarding firing your carapace weapon:

Each carapace weapon has a number of "shots". If there aren't that many targets on screen, it won't fire all its shots. If it doesn't fire all its shots, it's cool down will recharge quicker.

It all started with a sort of joke conversation, really. It's not so much my achievement as much as her fans, though. The outpouring of support was really something to see. And of course the game designers were really cool to work with.

Archived