FreeBlade is out (with special guest)

JeffTibbetts

Relatively new to the forums, but after reading through this thread, and powering subsequently through the Queen Bee WIP thread, I shot from level 6 to 15 as quickly as I could to unlock her. And how it was worth it. So many congrats to Jeff; and thanks for a huge inspiration for both the game and modelling as an art!

Relatively new to the forums, but after reading through this thread, and powering subsequently through the Queen Bee WIP thread, I shot from level 6 to 15 as quickly as I could to unlock her. And how it was worth it. So many congrats to Jeff; and thanks for a huge inspiration for both the game and modelling as an art!

That's awesome! Thanks for that awesome comment on this Thanksgiving day.

Yeah, Stercus. I'm right there with you. Every story mission I go to try has a new Wargear requirement. I've been running lots of patrols and going back through earlier missions to pick up more medals as well. I do like the variety of different mission types, and the daily challenges are fun to try out different loadouts and wargear than what I'm normally using (not to mention test driving some great looking Knight liveries). At any rate, I'm still really enjoying this game and now that I've unlocked my leading lady, I feel a lot less pressure. I just pop on to play a mission or two (love these short missions) and maybe start forging something, then come back later for more. 

^ Same here.

Lord of Skulls? Decapitated. 

Wings of Hellblade fighter jets? Torn from the sky

Swaths of ramshackle orkish machinery? Blown to constitutions atoms. 

That one green :cuss with a stikk bomb? Gets me every goddamn time my health is in the red

Btw unlocking Chapter 6 may be difficult because you have to 3 star a bunch of Campaign missions. But unlocking Chapter 7 is easier because Chapter 6 also unlocks a 3rd scenario for all your older missions that you can 2 star to unlock Chapter 7.

TLDR Consider spending Gold on unlocking Chapter 6. Unlocking Chapter 7 is easy.

When forging remember to always keep one extra copy of each armor piece and your chainsword (doesn't matter if it's a low level piece). So that you'll always be able to temporarily equip that spare in order to reforge your strongest piece for better.

The Missile Launcher Carapace weapon has blast damage even though it doesn't say so in its stats.

iPad mini 2 (older version). I've only ever had it crash out at the end of a cinematic ad. Otherwise, no problems. But I do restart the iPad every time before I play and / or make sure I close all other apps down.

On getting a higher score:

Killing fast counts. Killing 2 units simultaneously boosts the Killstreak meter higher than killing 2 units sequentially. So, when you want to maximize your Killstreak meter, kill groups of infantry all at once with you main cannon instead of shooting them one by one with your sub weapon.

In between spawns, shoot barrels, lights, columns, pipes, barricades, etc. anything to keep your Killstreak meter up.

When you come across a unit you can close combat, make sure your Killstreak meter is as high as possible then make sure you score a Critical Hit as the last hit. Getting a Critical Hit awards you 1,000 points, and if your Killstreak is at 8x, you will get 8,000 points. This is the biggest contributor to your final score. The kill streak will not lower while you are locked in close combat as long as you don't miss, so don't worry about not getting Crits on your first few hits, as long as the last hit is a Critical. (Note, for Speed runs, the timer will still run during close combat so you want to do the reverse and avoid close combat)

So, for score, I've stuck to using the BattleCannon with its larger blast radius, in order to wipe out large groups of infantry simultaneously (apart from the satisfying ka-thunk, ka-thunk).

But I've also switched back to the Stubber because at higher levels the most dangerous things are Stikk Bombs, Jets and single Rocket guys. Also, I use the Stubber to destroy all the misc items in between spawns to keep my Killstreak up.

Lastly, because I then don't have the Thermal or Melta, I've switched to the Missile Launcher carapace weapon to help me with larger units. I've found that the Missile Launcher usually reloads faster than the Autocannon because it will only fire 4 Missiles (about half its total payload) at each large unit and it won't target infantry. Unlike the Autocannon which will fire at everything and expend its entire payload. Which means a good purple Missile Launcher can reload in about 20 seconds per 4 Missiles as opposed to an Autocannon which will reload its entire payload in about 35 seconds. 4 Missiles can kill a Gorkanaut, Heldrake, Squiggoth, Lord of Skulls, etc.

The only mission I've gone back to all Thermal and Melta is the Boss fight at the end of Campaign 7 or for some select Speed / Assassination runs.

Hope that helps some.

I'm using melta and a big battle cannon. Melta for vehicles/individual troopers, cannon for troops in groups. My missile launcher (about lvl 164 I think) is used for special occasions, like when a heldrake turns up at the sMe time as a lied of skulls.

Archived